[Q] Need help with Null Imei Please Please Please

Search This thread

scoeas1982

Apr 28, 2014
Hello,

I have been unlocking for a while but have ran into issues lately with z3x and 4.3 on i747. Basically everyime i use 23x box something goes wrong last night it started with an extra number being inserted in the imei. Not knowing that ns pro will wreck your modem i tried it and now the imei is null and baseband is unknown. Any help would greatly be appreciated. There was alot i did not know about unlocking because i got into this with ns pro back when there was 0 problmes with anyhting below 4.3, but now 4.3 is killing me.

Here is what i have done

i have tried to rewrite imei mulitple times
i have tried qpst with a good know qcn fiel but it just error out. everytime

the problem
*#7284# shows up but wont allow me to switch between modem andpda
phone will not read in either z3x or ns pro
it would seem like tis not reading in qpst either as it wont allo me to restore any of the good know files

i just really want to be done with this and move on.

Another question i have is int he furute if i do a full nv backup with nv reader writer will this help at all. Like is said i am only having this problem ont he 747 and i have searched xda, ns pro, and z3x forums for an answer and i cant seem to find one. My next step is just to replace the baseband chip and be done, but that alot of work and i hate reballing any bga.

Thanks in Advance

Scott

pcshano

Dec 29, 2012
Hello,

I have been unlocking for a while but have ran into issues lately with z3x and 4.3 on i747. Basically everyime i use 23x box something goes wrong last night it started with an extra number being inserted in the imei. Not knowing that ns pro will wreck your modem i tried it and now the imei is null and baseband is unknown. Any help would greatly be appreciated. There was alot i did not know about unlocking because i got into this with ns pro back when there was 0 problmes with anyhting below 4.3, but now 4.3 is killing me.

Here is what i have done

the problem
it would seem like tis not reading in qpst either as it wont allo me to restore any of the good know files

Another question i have is int he furute if i do a full nv backup with nv reader writer will this help at all. Like is said i am only having this problem ont he 747 and i have searched xda, ns pro, and z3x forums for an answer and i cant seem to find one. My next step is just to replace the baseband chip and be done, but that alot of work and i hate reballing any bga.

Thanks in Advance

Scott

NULL IMEI doesn't mean you've actually lost your IMEI
try take sim out, restart phone and then reinsert sim, and if that doesn't work, restart again with your sim inside
and also when you reinject imei(say whatever i said above doesn't work for you), make sure under developer option, usb debugging is on!

Last edited:
Reactions: scoeas1982

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hello,

Here is what i have done

the problem

Thanks in Advance

Scott

Looks like your modem is compromised. You can download the modem via the following link and try reflashing recovery.

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681456

Reactions: scoeas1982

scoeas1982

Apr 28, 2014
Looks like your modem is compromised. You can download the modem via the following link and try reflashing recovery.

Larry thank you so much for your help, and i am embarrased to say this but i dont know how to do that. Is it a file i put into the pda section of odin and put the phone in download mode.

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA

Larry thank you so much for your help, and i am embarrased to say this but i dont know how to do that. Is it a file i put into the pda section of odin and put the phone in download mode.

No, it's a zip file which has to be flashed via (custom) recovery. If you do not have custom recovery, you can flash that to your phone via Odin. There are several options for custom recovery but most common options are CWM, TWRP and Philz Touch which is an enhancement of CWM.

First download the modem file to your computer. Copy it to your phone's internal SD card if you can or to an external (micro) SD card.
Once you have the zip ready, boot your phone into recovery mode via the 3-button combo (Volume Up, Home and Power).
When you are in recovery mode, select install and navigate to the modem zip. Start flashing. Wait for flashing to be complete and reboot to system. I'd have sent you some download links for custom recovery but I'm writing this in a fly. You could, however, do a search through this forum.

scoeas1982

Apr 28, 2014
Larry thank you so much it actually worked in case someone lese has this problem im going to post waht i did

i downloaded the file

flashed the modem.bin file via twrp. I just put it on the phone i did not use the sd card

then i rewrote the imei with ns pro verision 6.7.1 (this phone was on 4.3)

i know have my imei back, and i know also i have the phone in 100 percent working condition with a full imei.

TAKE MY ADVICE AND BACK UP THE NV ITEMS before doing a s3 747 or 999 on z3 box just in case. I have spent close to 3 days trying to fix these phones.

Thank you Larry so very very much. If you have a link to paypal i will donate to you.

Reactions: guru1982

scoeas1982

Apr 28, 2014
alos if you are going to install the file to your phone remeber to put it back into mtp+adb so you can move it your phone with out an sd card

guru1982

Jan 19, 2006
Larry thank you so much it actually worked in case someone lese has this problem im going to post waht i did

i downloaded the file

flashed the modem.bin file via twrp. I just put it on the phone i did not use the sd card

i know have my imei back, and i know also i have the phone in 100 percent working condition with a full imei.

TAKE MY ADVICE AND BACK UP THE NV ITEMS before doing a s3 747 or 999 on z3 box just in case. I have spent close to 3 days trying to fix these phones.

Thank you Larry so very very much. If you have a link to paypal i will donate to you.

How were you able to rewrite using ns pro 6.7.1? everytime i try, it tells me operation failed. thanks

Larry2999

Feb 7, 2014
Atlanta, GA

i downloaded the file

Glad to know your phone is working fine now. Maybe I should put up a donation link. Just kidding ... seriously though, if you are happy with the support you are getting from the forum and make a donation to XDA, you'd be helping to keep the forum going.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, it's a zip file which has to be flashed via (custom) recovery. If you do not have custom recovery, you can flash that to your phone via Odin. There are several options for custom recovery but most common options are CWM, TWRP and Philz Touch which is an enhancement of CWM.

First download the modem file to your computer. Copy it to your phone's internal SD card if you can or to an external (micro) SD card.
    Once you have the zip ready, boot your phone into recovery mode via the 3-button combo (Volume Up, Home and Power).
    When you are in recovery mode, select install and navigate to the modem zip. Start flashing. Wait for flashing to be complete and reboot to system. I'd have sent you some download links for custom recovery but I'm writing this in a fly. You could, however, do a search through this forum.
    Hello,

Here is what i have done

the problem

Thanks in Advance

Scott

NULL IMEI doesn't mean you've actually lost your IMEI
    try take sim out, restart phone and then reinsert sim, and if that doesn't work, restart again with your sim inside
    and also when you reinject imei(say whatever i said above doesn't work for you), make sure under developer option, usb debugging is on!
    Hello,

Here is what i have done

the problem

Thanks in Advance

Scott

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681456

i downloaded the file

yes you are correct i am using 6.7.0 to rewrite the imeo not 6.7.1