[Q] cm11 goomanager install twrp but cant replace cwm

Search This thread

wk0308

May 18, 2014
As the title said, I just flashed a custom rom into my device ( CM11 kitkat 4.4.2)
Its the first time i root and flash my device

So now, goo manager told me that there is an update available for my device, i follow the instruction of it by downloading it
after that it pop up saying that my device need to have an open script recovery, (I searched youtube, they usually use twrp to update the CM custom ROM), so press yes and it started to download + install

There's a small pop up that saying I have installed twrp on my device, but when i press on reboot into recovery, it shows CWM recovery, even I try reboot into recovery by using ROM Manger.

How do I solve this ?
I just want to install TWRP and uninstall CWM as they said TWRP works better with CM version ?

and one small question, can i delete the zip file that i use to flash the ROM in my external sdcard, and the zip file that i have to use to update after flashing them or updating them ?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
As the title said, I just flashed a custom rom into my device ( CM11 kitkat 4.4.2)

So now, goo manager told me that there is an update available for my device, i follow the instruction of it by downloading it
after that it pop up saying that my device need to have an open script recovery, (I searched youtube, they usually use twrp to update the CM custom ROM), so press yes and it started to download + install

There's a small pop up that saying I have installed twrp on my device, but when i press on reboot into recovery, it shows CWM recovery, even I try reboot into recovery by using ROM Manger.

How do I solve this ?
I just want to install TWRP and uninstall CWM as they said TWRP works better with CM version ?

and one small question, can i delete the zip file that i use to flash the ROM in my external sdcard, and the zip file that i have to use to update after flashing them or updating them ?
Cause you need to reflash your recovery.If you downloaded a zip file boot in CWM and flash the recovery zip file.If you downloadeded .tar.md5 file you need to put your phone into download mode ,open odin on your laptop and flash the recovery file (you need to transfer the .tar.md5 file to your laptop).Well you shouldn't delete your current ROM zip file to be honest you should have atleast have one ROM zip file (with the appropriate add ons needed ) just incase you run into trouble you can always flash the ROM from scratch (incase you don't have a back up of it on your sd card) I always keep one touch wiz ROM and one CM11 ROM zip file along with zip files of philz touch and twrp recovery (i don't do nandroid backups-personal choice) on my sd card.

Reactions: wk0308

wk0308

May 18, 2014
Cause you need to reflash your recovery.If you downloaded a zip file boot in CWM and flash the recovery zip file.If you downloadeded .tar.md5 file you need to put your phone into download mode ,open odin on your laptop and flash the recovery file (you need to transfer the .tar.md5 file to your laptop).Well you shouldn't delete your current ROM zip file to be honest you should have atleast have one ROM zip file (with the appropriate add ons needed ) just incase you run into trouble you can always flash the ROM from scratch (incase you don't have a back up of it on your sd card) I always keep one touch wiz ROM and one CM11 ROM zip file along with zip files of philz touch and twrp recovery (i don't do nandroid backups-personal choice) on my sd card.

Wow, so what i have to do is to boot into cwm and flash that recovery zip file ?
And so the twrp will replace cwm ?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Wow, so what i have to do is to boot into cwm and flash that recovery zip file ?
Correct,that's how one replaces their existing recovery with another recovery.At end of flashing the zip file ,go back to main menu and click on "reboot recovery" ,You'll see your new recovery

wk0308

May 18, 2014
Correct,that's how one replaces their existing recovery with another recovery.At end of flashing the zip file ,go back to main menu and click on "reboot recovery" ,You'll see your new recovery

but not sure if it is a zip file or not hahaha
Cuz the file name end up with .img
its not a image right?

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
its not a image right?
This the goomanager link http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/t03g scroll to the bottom and download 2.7.0.2.zip (img.tar is the ODIN file) ,I am not sure what .img file is never used that .But ya you need the .zip one

EDIT: You got GT N7100 right not 7105?just to be sure cause the recovery is different for 7105

Last edited:

wk0308

May 18, 2014
This the goomanager linkscroll to the bottom and download 2.7.0.2.zip (img.tar is the ODIN file) ,I am not sure what .img file is never used that .But ya you need the .zip one

EDIT: You got GT N7100 right not 7105?just to be sure cause the recovery is different for 7105

Thanks you really helped me a lot :D
sorry for late reply as my replies are limited because im just new to here
By the way, one more question is is there anyway i can flash back to my stock rom but remain rooted?
and what if i want to unroot it :)
because i found this ROM quite buggy as in the camera app, i am a person that will take picture everyday, panaroma is quite important to me
i found this camera is very very very poor haha
furthermore, whenever in a skype call, i will hear nothing if i plugged in my earphone o.o
so i will probably flash back to stock rom but remain rooted is case of flashing other more stable rom :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

How do I solve this ?

its not a image right?
    This the goomanager link http://goo.im/devs/OpenRecovery/t03g scroll to the bottom and download 2.7.0.2.zip (img.tar is the ODIN file) ,I am not sure what .img file is never used that .But ya you need the .zip one