FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2012, 01:22 AM |#691  
Flag Round Rock TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 360

More
All you guys gotta do is track down Steve Kondik aka Cyanogenmod and ask him about how the update process for Samsung phones works. He was hired by Samsung many, many months ago

1st December 2012, 01:30 AM |#692  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtommy306

All you guys gotta do is track down Steve Kondik aka Cyanogenmod and ask him about how the update process for Samsung phones works. He was hired by Samsung many, many months ago

So call him up

sent from my Nexus 7 while my SGS3 rests!
1st December 2012, 01:36 AM |#693  
Flag Round Rock TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 360

More
I don't use nor do I care about Stock or Factory updates so I'm not gonna bug the most respected dev in this community.
I like getting new modems from them....but that's... about... it.
I only use AOSP via AOKP
1st December 2012, 01:43 AM |#694  
Thanks Meter: 144

More
great, so now were going to sue att, Samsung AND piss off one of the greatest dev's...

its JUST an update... it gets here when it gets here.
1st December 2012, 01:53 AM |#695  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ77

great, so now were going to sue att, Samsung AND piss off one of the greatest dev's...

its JUST an update... it gets here when it gets here.

Whoever is doing any of that has issues

sent from my Nexus 7 while my SGS3 rests!
1st December 2012, 03:13 AM |#696  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 771

Donate to Me
More
My suspicions and mine alone are that Samsung sells them to AT&T with JB, but since AT&T bloat isn't ready they put ICS on it with the working bloat.

Our company in the past bought Win7 machines and put XP on them since some of the software we used was not compatible with Win7.

So both could be true.
1st December 2012, 04:17 AM |#697  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtommy306

we don't need him to find out about "update process" we know how to do the updates.. if you're talking about WHEN the updates come out, he would know nothing about how/when they're released. If anything he would be on the dev side and would have as much speculation about the release of JB as anyone on here.

Like I mentioned before, my marketing firm works for Samsung Canada, and we've been working on press releases and media queries for Monday all this week. JB for Rogers is out Dec 3rd that's a guarantee.

but you can go ahead and contact Steve Kondik as he works on the Dev side of things, releases of OS updates aren't done by Dev/Tech side, created by them yes, pushed out by them yes, being told when to push them out is all Carrier specific and comes down to Marketing and the Admin side of things.

For example, Rogers had Black friday sales have been going on since last friday up until sunday this weekend. Go figure that the prices for marked down devices, goes back up after Sunday, the same day JB starts to be pushed OTA and most likely on stock with new devices shipped.

This was intended to be pushed beforeeee the black friday sales, but the security issue some of the CM10 early users were putting on their devices with the custom rom, caused samsung to delay and tweak their OS.

As for speculation, I can confirm Monday is Rogers... meaning (Bell/Virgin/Telus) will most likely be that week as well. Verizon has stated it rolls out next week for select devices as well. AT&T is all speculation.
1st December 2012, 04:43 AM |#698  
Provo Area
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

I never said anything about proof but on their site it says 4.1 so I'm sure that's what you'll get

Well, it's only speculation until someone actually reports having one of these devices. I don't think they exist, I think Samsung has released the update for AT&T to OTA and AT&T has not done it.
1st December 2012, 11:53 AM |#699  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Thumbs up
Side topic but Koodo Mobile (Telus Canada's value brand) just starting selling SGH-i747M just yesterday and I had the opportunity of selling one to a new customer. I have verified that it indeed ships with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. I couldn't take a screenshot of a client's new phone in front of my boss (small kiosk booth). However, feel free to be optimistic because I'm waiting for someone to rip out a CWM backup or official firmware to appear anytime soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to nk_blu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nk_blu Ad-Free
1st December 2012, 02:20 PM |#700  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2oot#

I can confirm Samsung had to communicate with Verizon / AT&T to hurry up and get on the ball - I know this because my company does marketing for samsung canada... Verizon has stated updates will start next week, AT&T still has not replied to Samsung

Since Samsung is not happy with AT&T delaying the update, and AT&T hasn't responded to their request to hurry up and release the update, I wonder if sending an e-mail voicing our dissatisfaction with AT&T's delay to Samsung's CTO would be worthwhile? Throw in a couple of references to AT&T tarnishing the Samsung brand by delaying updates and see what happens.

This is slightly off-topic, but if update delays are a regular thing with AT&T (I've been a customer since July, so my experience with AT&T and updates is minimal), I will seriously consider returning to T-Mobile when my contract is up in 2014. They'll have at least some of their LTE rolled out, and the service in my area should improve by then.
The Following User Says Thank You to kgbkny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kgbkny Ad-Free
1st December 2012, 02:37 PM |#701  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nk_blu

Side topic but Koodo Mobile (Telus Canada's value brand) just starting selling SGH-i747M just yesterday and I had the opportunity of selling one to a new customer. I have verified that it indeed ships with 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. I couldn't take a screenshot of a client's new phone in front of my boss (small kiosk booth). However, feel free to be optimistic because I'm waiting for someone to rip out a CWM backup or official firmware to appear anytime soon.

so there it is new SGS3 are shipping with jellybean
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)