FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: How was the guide?

It was intuitive and easy to understand
 
499 Vote(s)
84.29%
It was dull and boring
 
18 Vote(s)
3.04%
I am color blind and it was very hard
 
75 Vote(s)
12.67%

[GUIDE][ADB]Easiest How to use adb, logcat, etc for noobs and newbies

3,713 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,226
 
Post Reply Email Thread
30th January 2014, 05:23 AM |#101  
defrt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 171
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by defrt

I was tried method in op, but still same, and i was changed sdk dir, c:/sdk/sdk

House Hesenli

Yes, in there. Fastboot work perfect, but abd doesn’t

House Hesenli
 
 
23rd March 2014, 12:19 PM |#102  
superuser.pm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag HaiPhong
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
i write one file .bat and run it to move file from d:\ into /sdcard/ :
code here:
echo off
::cmd
echo test: demo move
:: demo move file
cd c:\adb
:: chuyen toi thu muc adb
pause
:: pause to view info
adb push d:\1235.mp3 /sdcard/Music
:: move file
echo succesfully
pause

how to creat file .bat and run to del,rename or copy file into sdcard ?
i created but it error.
code:
echo off
::cmd
echo test: demo rename
:: demo rename
cd c:\adb
:: move foder adb
pause
adb remount
adb shell cd /sdcard/Music
adb shell ls
mv 123.mp3 456.mp3
pause

it not move list songs in music foder ... help me
23rd March 2014, 12:27 PM |#103  
jeswinjv's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Very helpfull.....:thumbup:
ThaNq...

via XDA Premium developer's-app
30th March 2014, 05:34 PM |#104  
rhamorsky's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charlotte, N.C.
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
noob question. i got adb installed and working woohoo! typed adb logcat and it works fine. how do i end that logcat and adb session so i can "eject" my device when done? Thanks!
30th March 2014, 06:01 PM |#105  
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 157
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhamorsky

noob question. i got adb installed and working woohoo! typed adb logcat and it works fine. how do i end that logcat and adb session so i can "eject" my device when done? Thanks!

Ctrl-C to stop logcat.
Directly remove cable to end adb sessions and logcat.
The Following User Says Thank You to smit.sanghavi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smit.sanghavi Ad-Free
12th June 2014, 06:25 AM |#106  
Netuser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 782
 
More
thanks @iamareebjamal for this easy guide I got fedup of copying file to sdcard then to go to phone and copy it to system so wanted to learn to use ADB and I find this guide very noob friendly And also thanks for using colors we are no more in 60's the world is with colors now lol

Couple of question.

1- If I want to push the file to system/app folder, do I have to mount the System folder each time ?

2- When I push and app to system/app does it fix the permission automatically just like when we flash in recovery or do i need to each time Chmod 644 the whole directory each time I push an app in it ?

Thanks
12th June 2014, 04:30 PM |#107  
iamareebjamal's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Batcave
Thanks Meter: 5,226
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netuser

thanks @iamareebjamal for this easy guide I got fedup of copying file to sdcard then to go to phone and copy it to system so wanted to learn to use ADB and I find this guide very noob friendly And also thanks for using colors we are no more in 60's the world is with colors now lol

Couple of question.

1- If I want to push the file to system/app folder, do I have to mount the System folder each time ?

2- When I push and app to system/app does it fix the permission automatically just like when we flash in recovery or do i need to each time Chmod 644 the whole directory each time I push an app in it ?

Thanks


Thank you

No, mount one time and it should remain mounted and may unmount on next Reboot.

If you are replacing any file in system, it should retain permission but it is a varying result, so it's better to confirm it.
13th June 2014, 12:03 AM |#108  
Netuser's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 782
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamareebjamal

Thank you

No, mount one time and it should remain mounted and may unmount on next Reboot.

If you are replacing any file in system, it should retain permission but it is a varying result, so it's better to confirm it.

Thanks for quick reply, will try and see

Out of thanks sorry
14th June 2014, 07:00 PM |#109  
rolling56's Avatar
Senior Member
Springfield,Misery
Thanks Meter: 29
 
More
Instead of having people search for CMD why not just say hold Shift+ right mouse click in the platform-tools folder................
The Following User Says Thank You to rolling56 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rolling56 Ad-Free
15th July 2014, 02:08 PM |#110  
jasper~'s Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Laguna
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgdva

You can use apks to do logcats from the phone too, I use catlog.

Where Can I download it bro? Do i need Pc or phone only? Thanks.
15th July 2014, 04:33 PM |#111  
Hitesh2626's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ☆◢Mumbai◣☆
Thanks Meter: 1,474
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper~

Where Can I download it bro? Do i need Pc or phone only? Thanks.

PlayStore.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes