[OBSOLETE] [TOOL] Unbrick Corrupted Bootloader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tatazeuz

Dec 5, 2012
Santiago
Okay thank you! I'm still in the stage of thinking whether to root my Moto G or not. At least when I do, and fail to revert everything back, there's a way. Thank you for this.

No worries, actually the .mbn files are handled by motoboot.img (wich is a downgradable partition by itself), so you shouldn't need to use them, making your brick chances minimal.
This post will help those adventorous ones who flashed the .mbn files manually.
Also, fsg.mbn is not problematic, and it's downgradable, so that's a .mbn file you can stop worring about.

Last edited:

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
i tryed 3 different usb tether cables also different usb ports on my pc. im running windows 7

In your device settings..make sure you have "USB debugging" activated and "Unknown sources" activated..

Have you ever before had your device tethered to that particular computer.? Or if available, try another PC.

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

crookx

Oct 22, 2011
Winnipeg
In your device settings..make sure you have "USB debugging" activated and "Unknown sources" activated..

Have you ever before had your device tethered to that particular computer.? Or if available, try another PC.

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

the problem is my phone no longer wants to turn on. cant get into bootloader cant even get the charging icon to go on when i plug it into charger.

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
the problem is my phone no longer wants to turn on. cant get into bootloader cant even get the charging icon to go on when i plug it into charger.

Seems to me that you need a factory cable, maybe your battery is drained..I haven't tested this theory, but for certain, back in the Droid RAZR Maxx days, one needed a factory cable to allow charging via USB.. until enuff charge is in the battery to boot, if you have tried the normal boot in to Recovery mode, (Volume button down) and ( Power button ) for at least three seconds..and nothing happens..my GUESS is dead battery..

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

crookx

Oct 22, 2011
Winnipeg
Seems to me that you need a factory cable, maybe your battery is drained..I haven't tested this theory, but for certain, back in the Droid RAZR Maxx days, one needed a factory cable to allow charging via USB.. until enuff charge is in the battery to boot, if you have tried the normal boot in to Recovery mode, (Volume button down) and ( Power button ) for at least three seconds..and nothing happens..my GUESS is dead battery..

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

i do have the factory cable.. ill give let it sit on the charger all night to see if anything happens..

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina

Oh..just seen the fact that your charger doesn't do anything either..maybe battery is defective..or the charge port is defective, worn out.? No expert here..just mentioning what I have came across..maybe return your device for another.?

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

i do have the factory cable.. ill give let it sit on the charger all night to see if anything happens..

"Factory Cable" meaning a special made cable, one tethers to a PC USB, and allows the charge function thru USB cable while the PC is running..the PC USB port charges the device battery..

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

Gundabolu SC

Sep 9, 2013
Oh..just seen the fact that your charger doesn't do anything either..maybe battery is defective..or the charge port is defective, worn out.? No expert here..just mentioning what I have came across..maybe return your device for another.?

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

---------- Post added at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

"Factory Cable" meaning a special made cable, one tethers to a PC USB, and allows the charge function thru USB cable while the PC is running..the PC USB port charges the device battery..

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G
Well man he's here cuz he tried to flash a different boot loader which corrupts the bootloader partition... So as you said the battery may be completely drained out.. If you have tried different CABLES try it on a different PC as well... I was on Windows 8 on which it never got detected then I switched to Windows 7 and had to switch between a few USB cables n little bit of trial and error with the power button finally made my PC detect the device...

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
Well man he's here cuz he tried to flash a different boot loader which corrupts the bootloader partition... So as you said the battery may be completely drained out.. If you have tried different CABLES try it on a different PC as well... I was on Windows 8 on which it never got detected then I switched to Windows 7 and had to switch between a few USB cables n little bit of trial and error with the power button finally made my PC detect the device...

Thanks Friend..I understand now..the truth of it all comes out.. :)

I haven't been following this thread..guess I should have, before commenting.. :(

sent by my 4.3_14.14.14
XT1028 (aka) Moto-G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts