Mesquite
Reactions: LoVeRice

thor6577

Feb 6, 2012
Mesquite

ldmeeds

Oct 26, 2012
Missouri
I would like a flashable .zip. For some reason boot animations are the hardest thing for me to install. I can never get them to work right. Take your time, I can wait!!!

thor6577

Feb 6, 2012
Mesquite
Sad day guys...
After some research of why the boot sound was not working, apparently our N7 tablets are not capable of boot sounds. I'm not really sure to why this is, but it has something to do with the build.prop ( I think ). I have posted the R2D2 Animation ( Flashable and non-flashable for you peeps ) if you guys still want it. Sorry about the disappointment, if someone has a fix for the boot sound problem, just PM me or post the fix so we can access the awesomeness of R2D2 and other possibilities.

NekroWolfen

Aug 3, 2013
Nekropolis
www.facebook.com
Sad day guys...
After some research of why the boot sound was not working, apparently our N7 tablets are not capable of boot sounds. I'm not really sure to why this is, but it has something to do with the build.prop ( I think ). I have posted the R2D2 Animation ( Flashable and non-flashable for you peeps ) if you guys still want it. Sorry about the disappointment, if someone has a fix for the boot sound problem, just PM me or post the fix so we can access the awesomeness of R2D2 and other possibilities.

And I was wondering why I coudn't get boot sounds for my bootanimations, on the contrary, thanks for confirming this. And thank you for the R2D2 bootanimation, your work is really appreciated!

Edit: Dude, the bootanimation is out of this world! Looks and work great!

Last edited:

ldmeeds

Oct 26, 2012
Missouri
Sad day guys...

No worries about the sound. Thanks for making this!!!

Just installed. AWESOME!!!

Last edited:

samuel0213

Jun 2, 2012
Do you guys have the stock one? Not the Google play version

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thor6577

Feb 6, 2012
Mesquite
Sorry for not adding this earlier, I kinda forgot :eek:. Added CM10 animation and CM10 Red Animation. Thanks to Jleeblanch for his red animation here. Happy theming! :highfive:

thor6577

Feb 6, 2012
Mesquite
Was wondering if I could get the nexus particles bootanimation in landscape mode for my car install? ? thanks

I took a look at the animation and I realized that the image would be really stretched out. If you don't mind that, I'll still port it over. I wasn't sure if you still wanted the boot animation. :)

MrMiami81

Jun 6, 2012
South Florida
Silly question but can I flash these in recovery or do I need to go through the steps in root explorer in the op?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, I was just throwing this out here. If you want any custom boot animations you want done, feel free to post your requests. If you want a completely new boot animation just pm me details on what you are looking for. I'll try to get requests done as soon as possible as I also have to study for tests occasionally. Here's a link to my previous work for a phone. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1690735 . If you want, I will convert the sizes for you guys all you gotz to do is ask. Happy theming everyone :)

To install a boot animation. You don't have to be rooted and you must have a file explorer of some sort. For me Root Explorer is very helpful.

Rooted:
    Then go to system>media>then rename the existing boot animation to something different. This is pretty much backing it up. An example of what to name is bootanimation.zip1. Then go to the boot animation you want then copy and paste it to the system/media folder. Then you reboot and relax. :D
    6c45c168-df54-b8b6.jpg

YOU MUST CHANGE PERMISSIONS TO ABOVE NO MATTER WHAT METHOD.

Not Rooted:
    Put files in /data/local. Make the file if you must. Do same thing except in previously mentioned file as you would in /system/media

Please thank me for my work by hitting the thanks button or posting! :)

LINKS

Red links are just .zips
    Blue links are flashable

Biohazard Bootanimation- CLICK HERE

GE Bootanimation ( FLASH THIS IN RECOVERY )- CLICK HERE

Nexus Particles Bootanimation- CLICK HERE

Anime Bootanimation ( FLASH THIS IN RECOVERY )- CLICK HERE

R2D2 Bootanimation- CLICK HERE

R2D2 Bootanimation ( FLASH THIS IN RECOVERY )- CLICK HERE

CM10 Stock Bootanimation- CLICK HERE

Complete Stock Bootanimation ( FLASH THIS IN RECOVERY )- CLICK HERE

Red Rage Bootanimation- CLICK HERE

CM10 Red Bootanimation - CLICK HERE
    14wpttj.jpg

Google Gears Bootanimation- CLICK HERE
    rr10rp.png

Credit / Thanks​
    The Theming Community
    Supporters
    Those whose animations from which I edit​
    Just as a "by the way" That some may find useful; when I rename the bootanimation.zip file, I generally insert a descriptive word, so if the animation had a car on it for example I would rename it bootanimationcar.zip, it certainly helps to remember which one of the many downloaded boot animations is which when I change it yet again ;)

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk
    Sad day guys...
    Hey I have an unusual request, I'm an old school computer guy and I was wondering if you could put together a boot animation that would resemble the old BIOS boot screen from a computer I have not found anyone that is able to do this I would greatly appreciate it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2599526

:confused:
    I would LOVE R2D2 with sound if possible!!

Oh my, interesting! +1

Hells yeah!!

I am on CM10.2 btw...

Since I see much enthusiasm, I will try to do it tomorrow. Btw do you guys want a flashable file or the normal bootanimation file. The flashable file may take a little more time so I was just wondering how patient you guys were. :angel: