By l2tp, Senior Member on 16th March 2010, 12:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st March 2010, 06:50 AM |#391  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchr

hey, just follow the steps in the link below, specifically from the part where it says " Open up Windows Explorer ....... "

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/20/t...est-drive-vid/

your problem is caused by the wrong argument in the shortcut you downloaded for the standalone emulator shortcut. just forget about the shortcut you downloaded and create your own, its no biggy.
cheers

Thanks Man I'm Try this one from engadget
21st March 2010, 10:09 AM |#392  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,094

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonski

As an XDA user I am not impressed.

But they are on to something with this interface.
I have never seen anything this straight forward from MS (Europe and Zune don't go hand in hand).

I feel like I can put a WP7S into my moms hands and just walk away, leaving her alone with it.
It's like MS is doing no concessions on whatever came out of user experience testing.

They just did not test with XDA-Developers users .
I might hate it as a Windows Mobile Affectionado, but it has some serious potential for the mass market.

Testing the Emulator on a Tablet PC does make it a lot cooler swiping from left to right.

+1

What is ms doing i just tested unlocked emulator, i though i would get surprises lol its ugly ugly and ugly. In front of wm 6.5.3 wp7 gui looks ugly but again just gui looks ugly functionality rocks.

Hey one more thing i also noticed multitasking it has man thats for sure, i opend many many app and when i pressed back it retured back to what app i had opened so it didnt closed the app. Okay this may not be multitasking but it may also.

Btw why the emulator has no smoothness even running on a duo core pc.
21st March 2010, 11:33 AM |#393  
Flag Piraias, Nikaia / Crete, Melabes
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Very nice work bro....many many thanks from Greece
21st March 2010, 12:00 PM |#394  
Flag Sydney, AU
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade0rz

That won't work. You'll need to find all the DLLs which xnaframeworkcore.dll relies on and even then it will make some hardware calls which will mean you need to have a WP7 device

how would we go about finding what libraries it needs? i'd be surprised if we couldn;t find enough resources to at least call one or two xna functions even if only for a basic test.

i wish i had more dev knowledge to do this but alas i am a simple and humble tweaker and nothing more. i just like to test the boundaries without already being told it;s not possible lol there are a few things i have managed this way

i am sure this is a big interest in our roms and dev research. do you think it is even remotely possible to get parts of silverlight and/or xna going in winmo 6.5.x?
21st March 2010, 04:23 PM |#395  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgan

how would we go about finding what libraries it needs? i'd be surprised if we couldn;t find enough resources to at least call one or two xna functions even if only for a basic test.

Dependency walker/depends is a good starting point. This is more of an "all or nothing" type deal. I highly doubt you could get a couple pieces running and even then, what benefit does that provide?
Quote:
Originally Posted by norgan

i am sure this is a big interest in our roms and dev research. do you think it is even remotely possible to get parts of silverlight and/or xna going in winmo 6.5.x?

No.
21st March 2010, 09:51 PM |#396  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Anyway to get the Windows Phone Developer Tools onto xp

"Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7; Windows Vista"
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
21st March 2010, 09:59 PM |#397  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchr

hey, just follow the steps in the link below, specifically from the part where it says " Open up Windows Explorer ....... "

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/20/t...est-drive-vid/

your problem is caused by the wrong argument in the shortcut you downloaded for the standalone emulator shortcut. just forget about the shortcut you downloaded and create your own, its no biggy.
cheers

Going to try this
21st March 2010, 10:16 PM |#398  

More
sucks for me no xp
21st March 2010, 10:27 PM |#399  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 604

Donate to Me
More
I want WM Standard....
22nd March 2010, 01:36 AM |#400  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 413

More
I still keep getting the error 'Connection failed because of invalid command-line arguments.' Emulator starts then disappears with above error. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it. Also tried with the shortcut version. Am on Windows 7. Downloaded VS 2010 express. I don't know what else to do. Please advise guys

UPDATE It seems this is a very common problem with no solution
h**p://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsphone7series/thread/e5a71d11-5af9-463d-970d-e2e6015b2e8d
22nd March 2010, 04:12 AM |#401  
Flag The United States of America (also known as "USA")
Thanks Meter: 7

More
So my question is, can this dump be modified so it can run on our phones or is the architecture or the OS or Kernel too different for us to get it working?

The interface does need a facelift tho...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
emulator

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)