Data recovery after factory reset

Search This thread

Jeanyamm

Mar 30, 2018
I sold my samsung galaxy s6 after performing a full encryption then a factory reset, will the new owner be able to recover my data?

I sold my samsung galaxy s6 after performing a full encryption then a factory reset, will the new owner be able to recover my data?
Your best bet is, probably, to post this question within one of the following General Q&A threads.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2259645

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421

Or you may be able to obtain some member guidance within the following Q&A thread that's specific to the S6.

https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3110220

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I DO NOT provide support via PM unless asked/requested by myself. PLEASE keep it in the threads where everyone can share.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Was the data encrypted while you were using it?
If yes then it is very difficult to recovery data.
If you were using it without encryption, even encrypting later, will help, but someone with the right tools and time, can recovery data.
Unless the buyer suspects there is data he can use on the device, it just isn't effective to spend the time.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeanyamm

Jeanyamm

Mar 30, 2018
If you were using it without encryption, even encrypting later, will help, but someone with the right tools and time, can recovery data.
Unless the buyer suspects there is data he can use on the device, it just isn't effective to spend the time.

Yes the data was encrypted while i was using my phone. I fear if there is a software that can easly recover the data.
Is there a chance to recover data even after overwriting the phone?
And can a normal be able to recover it using only applications and softwares or root?

Thank you for your time.
Regards

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Yes the data was encrypted while i was using my phone. I fear if there is a software that can easly recover the data.
And can a normal be able to recover it using only applications and softwares or root?

Thank you for your time.
Regards
If it was encrypted, the data is not going to be recovered

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs

Reactions: Jeanyamm

mjdj1981

Nov 3, 2012
recover data after master reset and rooting

I master resetted my phone (samsung galaxy s8) a while ago and I used it for ond year. NOw I need to recover data to have acess to data before resetting. However, to do this I need to root my device which means wiping the data again. I have tried a lot of software and apps and all of them need rooting. My question is that is it possible to recover my data after one reset and one root? Isn't the data overwritten?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Thank you for your time.
    Regards
    If it was encrypted, the data is not going to be recovered

Sent from my PH-1 using XDA Labs