[ROM] VegaBean for Advent Vega / PoV Mobii Tegra and other P10AN01 clones

Search This thread

andy_pp

Nov 7, 2006
london
Android recognises the microSDcard as 16GB, but GParted can't partition it, and Windows can't read it via a USB or a SD/MMC adaptor. My 2GB microSD card from my BlackBerry is recognised by all these devices, so I've accepted the 16GB card is faulty and I've ordered a new 8GB card.

2GB was the largest the old SD readers could cope with, so I'm afraid it still doesn't prove your readers can handle the newer SDHC (>2GB) standard.
I'd be tempted to order a USB SDHC reader anyway, as they're so cheap now, but I guess you'll find out soon enough when your 8gb card arrives ;)

GAh2402

Feb 25, 2008
Hi,
8GB card arrived, Windows reads it fine. Managed to partition it using Gparted, flashed via NVFlash mode, and got my pad to boot to the point where it searched for a wirleess connection. However, nothing happened, so I re-booted after wating half an hour and now it won't boot at all!

Guess I'll need to start again!

GAH

Last edited:

Sneil

Oct 4, 2006
Dear Scanno,

I have tried all of your guidelines, but mijn POV Mobii tegra won't go further then the boot screen.

I tried NV flashing it with this options :

NV flash over stock
NV flash over moddedstock (v1 and v2)
NV flash over vegacream(which also didn't work)
NV Flash over Cyagenmod(which did work)
CMW install over cyagenmod.

It doesn't stall, because the boot screen comes up and it says please wait.....
I tried letting it on all night, didn't get past the boot screen.

I also have formatted my SD card as mentioned in your post.

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance,

okti

Oct 17, 2008
Nottingham
Flash vegacream.exe then reboot to cmw, do full wipe and flash vegabean.zip
That should help you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

raz0r09

Mar 15, 2009
Hello,

is it possible to overclock the CPU in Beta6?
I haven´t found any possibility to OC since Beta3.
So what is to do for OC the cpu?

rpmccormick

Dec 1, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
Why aren't people partitioning using CWM? Should I not do that? ...or maybe the Tablets CWM doesn't have that option? ...but my phone's CWM does.

GAh2402

Feb 25, 2008
Hi Guys,

After a 2nd fresh install (obviously I re-partitioned my SD card too), I got my Vega working. Great work and well done to everyone involved. However, I find it a bit on the slow side, and occasionally it seems to "hang" before eventually resonding to my button presses. Not too sure if this is a consequence of pushing the hardware to it's limits, or perhaps it's the speed if my SD card. I'll re-flash with the latest build (Beta 6) to see if there's any difference, but if not I may go back to VegaCream.

Regards,
GAH

Sneil

Oct 4, 2006
Thanks, but still no result

Flash vegacream.exe then reboot to cmw, do full wipe and flash vegabean.zip
That should help you

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Thanks for reacting Okti,

But sadly also vegacream flashing won't work. It also gets stuck on the boot screen. So a full wipe and then zip install through CWM is not possible for me.

Anybody else got an idea?

Thanks in advance,

hktmt

Jun 25, 2007
It is amazing, can make and receive phone call. Thanks so much.
The system after phone call becomes unstable and Wi-Fi often disconnected. Hope it can improve by next beta.

Sent from my VegaBean Beta 6 using xda app-developers app

scanno

Mar 27, 2008
Arnhem
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Dear Scanno,

I have tried all of your guidelines, but mijn POV Mobii tegra won't go further then the boot screen.

I tried NV flashing it with this options :

NV flash over stock
NV flash over moddedstock (v1 and v2)
NV flash over vegacream(which also didn't work)
NV Flash over Cyagenmod(which did work)
CMW install over cyagenmod.

It doesn't stall, because the boot screen comes up and it says please wait.....
I tried letting it on all night, didn't get past the boot screen.

I also have formatted my SD card as mentioned in your post.

What else can I do?

Thanks in advance,

I would suggest you completely reformat your sdcard, both partitions (fat32 and ext4)
Then flash the vegabean beta 6 nvflash version. This will make sure that you will have a completely clean system. If you still do not get past the boot screen, then try to reboot with the sdcard removed.

Sneil

Oct 4, 2006
Dear Scanno,

That did the trick. Somehow I think something went wrong with the format of the SD the first time.

Now it works. The only thing which is a little of a problem for me is the speed of it all. The first time clicking something it takes a few seconds before anything happens. But when it runs, it runs perfectly!

Anyway thanks a lot for your rom, it is the best one up till now!

Cheers

rpmccormick

Dec 1, 2008
OnePlus 7 Pro
Ever since upgrading from Beta3 to Beta6, my tablet is much slower and more buggy. It locks up / reboots more often (did it some with Beta3... never did it with VegaCream RC2 which I am considering backing up to). It is always dead so I think it is not deep-sleeping. The cool thing is Google Now voice-recognition works great, so I don't want to go back if other people have been able to get this running fast and stable.

I used the CWM version, I wiped/formatted EVERYTHING including the EXT partition (not the FAT32 though). I restored a couple apps from Ti Backup, but not many and they should all be safe. I have not used Link2SD or done any moving of apps whatsoever. Do I need to reflash with a truly empty SDCard other than the rom .zip?

canerpense

Apr 14, 2012
İzmir
Ram problem

I just flashed the Beta 6 (CWM one) to my Exper Easypad (essentially the Advent Vega) to find that it is running with only 350MB of ram instead of 1GB. I had tried previous betas though none of them gave me such a problem.

I'm downloading to see if the Nvflash version solves the problem.

Solved: Just checked that it has 512MB ram installed in it...

Last edited:

Shaizer

Apr 17, 2010
Can I still install Beta 6 if I don't have a partitioned SD Card? I'd rather not have int2ext as I'm giving this to a friend who doesn't know much about apps2sd/SD-ext etc.

tasadar

Sep 11, 2007
my wi-fi is not turnong on . It turns on only when I restart the tablet with turned on button after that if I turn Wi-Fi off I can not turn it back on unless I Reboot . Why is this happening and is there a fix ? that happens on vegacream RC2 also

tasadar

Sep 11, 2007
Probably I made a mistake with the installation ? I came from Vegacomb version wiped data ,cahe and Dalvik and installed the rom with CWM ! Is there a better way which should install everithing OK ?

yani2000

Jul 23, 2010
Can I still install Beta 6 if I don't have a partitioned SD Card? I'd rather not have int2ext as I'm giving this to a friend who doesn't know much about apps2sd/SD-ext etc.
Umm... if you're giving this away to a friend wouldn't your friend need a SD card anyway?
If you're not giving away your current SD card then just put in what your friend will have or any old SD card that you have lying around.
AFAIK there are no advanced settings to be made when installing an app when using int2ext.
So you can go ahead and partition your card so your friend can have a care free VegaBean use. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [INTRODUCTION]
    This ROM is based of the joined effort of a couple of devs (Ejtable, Scanno and Brucelee666) who are working on getting JellyBean working for our device. As soon as JellyBean is getting stable, my goal is also to put everything on github, just like i did with VegaCream. This way other devs can also work on this.

Please remember that I, ejtagle and brucelee666 are *NOT* professionals and do this in our spare time. We all have full time jobs and a family. So be happy that there is an Android ROM based on Android 4.1.1 / JellyBean for a device that was sold with Android 2.2 and never had an update.

We do our best to make this ROM as good as possible. With VegaCream we gave you a ROM that gave a new life to your tablet and unleashed its full potential. But we are not wizzards and there might be problems that we cannot solve or do not have time for.

[SPECIFICATIONS]
    This ROM is based on AOSP 4.1.1 and the device config made by Ejtagle, brucelee666 and myself.

- INT2EXT+ (Needs a correctly partitioned SDCard)
    - zRAM
    - DPI is set at 120dpi
    - Default JellyBean Launcher installed
    - Apex Launcher installed
    - Filemanager installed
    - Terminal installed
    - Google Apps is installed. This means that the Google base is installed and all the apps that are available in the Play Store are not installed (i.e. GMail, Maps)
    - All languages that are available in AOSP are included
    - Partition layout is the same as VegaCream / VegaICS beta1 / Modded stock
    - /system/app, /system/lib, /system/fonts, /system/framework and /system/usr are Squashfs filesystems.

[INSTALLATION]
    There are 2 methods of installation. There is a CWM recovery flashable ZIP and a NVFlash file.

I realy recommend flashing VegaBean the first time with the NVFlash version.

Before installing any version, you have to make sure that you have a SDCard that has the correct partition layout:
    - First partition is a primary partition formatted as FAT32
    - Second partition is a primary partition formatted as EXT4
    EXT4 is a linux filesystem so you will need a program that can handle Linux filesystems when you are using Windows.

Before installing the ZIP file make sure that:
    - You have the correct partition layout (if you have VegaCream installed, you have the correct layout, if not then use the NVFlash installer. This will repartition your internal memory))
    - Copy the ZIP file to your SD-Card
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Do a FULL WIPE / FACTORY RESET
    - Install the ZIP file from your SDCard
    - After installing reboot the tablet.

[WORKING]
    - WiFi
    - Bluetooth (Tested with a A2DP headset)
    - Camera
    - HDMI including audio
    - 3G (only fro the Huawei internal modem, usb modems may work)
    - GPS not tested by me, but some say it kind of works.

[CREDITS]
    - Ejtagle
    - Brucelee666
    - Scanno
    - LeoP for his zRAM implementation
    - Legionaire (for the VegaBean bootanimation)
    [DOWNLOADS]

Please do *NOT* use Link2SD anymore. You do not need it. With the INT2EXT script, your apps will install on SDCard by default. Just make sure you have 2 primary partition. First partition *MUST* be a FAT32 partition. The second partition *SHOULD* be EXT4. When upgrading from a previous version, make sure your EXT partition is empty / reformatted. Also when using the NVflash version !!!

Downloads:
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=118264
    [Changelist]
    [Beta 6]
    - RIL updated to the latest version (3 october i think)
    - updated to AOSP 4.1.2
    - Added check to see if there is a second partition on the SDCard. If not INT2EXT is not excecuted (PLEASE TEST !!!)
    - Updated GApps

[Beta 5]
    Changes compared to Beta 3-1:
    - New kernel with the following changes:
    - Suspend problem solved. Tablet does not enter LP0 anymore
    - Compiled with zRAM support
    - zRAM modules added
    - zRAM implementation from LeoP included
    - RIL from ejtagle updated

[Beta 3-1]
    - Included int2ext+
    - Included bootanimation for legionnaire

[Beta 3]
    - Latest RIL from EJTagle
    - CM10 keyboard
    - Stock browser with the option to set User Agent
    - You can now just wipe cache and dalvik-cache when updating from a previous VegaBean version. Please remember that from other version you will have to do a full wipe / factory reset !!!

[Beta 2.2]
    What has changed compared to Beta 2
    - AOSP updated to JRO03L
    - Latest update to the huaweigeneric RIL (from aug 27) by EJTagle

The stripped version has the following apps removed from /system/app compared to the original version:
    - ApexLauncher.apk
    - PlayMusic.apk
    - Talk.apk
    - YouTube.apk

The stripped version should give you around 10 MiB extra on /system. So if you have bad NAND problems and have problems booting (not able to) you can try this.

[Beta 2]
    - HDMI audio working
    - VegaBean bootanimation added by indigolemon

[Beta 1]
    - Rotation really fixed and HW acceleration working
    - Disable / Enable GPS would crash, fixed (thanks Eduardo)

Alpha 3:
    - Rotation Fixed. Portrait mode is working correctly
    - 3G files included... Sadly no 3G because of too old version of Huawei RIL. Need at least version 6 and we have version 4. So if anybody can get his / her hands on a newer version, please let us know.
    @All,

Beta8 update ZIP : VegaBean-Beta8-Update.zip

Wifi fixed. After first install you should only have to enter the password once and then after reboot it should connect normally.

And added a new kernel build. The previous kernel had still some debug info enabled and that has been removed now.
    Thx for answere, but i dont will compile it , i will use the ready zip file and edit it.
    I am not a kernel-developer :)

thats why i asked you about team ;)

Ok... but again all help is welcome, but you know that. Besides kernel development is done by EJtagle and not by me. He reversed engineerd most of the device specific vega stuff.

Also... /system/lib, /system/framework, /system/usr, /system/app are squashfs filesystems. To access the files in there you have to unsquash them.