[ROM] Update (7/23/12) Tweaked Stock BETA 5.0 (3G Only) | Stock ICS | AROMA

Search This thread

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Hi Steve! Is there any plan to cook a new ICS version based on P6800XXLQ2_CSC_ATO (stock ICS)? In forums there's also a custom kernel ([EzyICS Kernel v1][6800] For Stock XXLQ1) which is compatible with XXLQ2. This could be a perfect match & great for daily use. BIG THANKS for your work and support!

PS: despite ICS & JB, I'm still using your ZSLA2 Tweaked stock final. Epic! Still no issues to report! :laugh:

Actually, yes. I am done with base and making the theme now as an aroma option, then wanna try a few tweaks out . Hope to be done soon. Been putting android on back burner a bit due to life being life, but getting back into it. Thanks for the kind words.

Steve

Sent from my GT-P6800 using XDA Premium HD app

freaksamael

Apr 16, 2008
Bucharest
changed the DPI to 213. and it got stuck at boot... anyone getting this>?

is not recommended to change DPI on stock ROM (framework & apps goes frenzy). If you had a back-up (always recommended) the problem is already solved. If not, well, there's 2 options...install full ROM again or create a custom zip to flash back in CWM the build.prop file.

Last edited:
Reactions: inflamess

wintermute000

Jul 13, 2010
I changed DPI213 on stock rom and it works fine but all the built in apps break.
As I don't use my tab for calling/phone this is not an issue, I just froze most of them / hid them in launcher lol

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
LMK tweak & ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 / OOM grouping

Hi sk806,

Like your work here for the P6800 :good:

There has been little development for the P68100 (wifi) model, so I have taken it upon myself to cook up a personal ROM and share. So far I have released just the very very early beta, but ready for the next with a lot of tweaks and clean-ups. In my next pre-release beta, I have included a couple of your init.d tweaks (LMK etc), and have been testing the ROM all day with very good results.

[ROM] SkyHigh ROM P6810XXLPL ICS v0.1b (Wi-Fi Only)

I would very much like to include this in my next release for public use, and of course credit, thanks and link to your work here would be given. Could I please have permission to go ahead ?

TWEAK: OOM Grouping

I have some helpful info on your "keeping home app in memory" (build.prop tweak: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1) is placebo with ICS.

You need to prioritize OOM groupings so the launcher doesn't (less likely) to get killed off. I have tested with Quick System Pro app, and without modding seen the launcher time since start less than time since system start, and fixed now after modding the services.jar with identical time since start (ie. launcher not restarted).

If you like you can follow my guide here in the SGS3 forums, and tested on my P6810 :

[Guide] Fix / Reduce SGS3 Home Launcher Redraw - Tested on TouchWiz

You can find a link to elite dev zeppelinrox instructions in the thread OP.

Hope this helps, keep up the good work :D

freaksamael

Apr 16, 2008
Bucharest
Hi Steve! in updater-script line 425 there's a missing "/" before the "system" (set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0777, 0777, "system/etc/init.d");)

Alcibiade

Dec 23, 2006
New York
Can't wait for a XXLQ2 version of this ROM.
Stock XXLQ2 is definitely faster and more stable than XXLQ1
No need for other changes, the ROM itself is perfect
Thanks for the great work

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (7/23/12) Tweaked Stock for GT-P6800 Version 5.0

This is the BETA release of my tweaked stock ROM, based off of the new XXLQ1 Firmware. It uses AROMA to install the ROM and gives the user quite a bit of choice as to what apps to install. There are also some choices for mods and fonts, but these are limited ATM. I HAVE NOT tested all of the AROMA options in terms of apps and fonts, but there is nothing that will break anything...;).

This is a BETA release, so please don't flash unless you are willing to accept the risk of some bugs....no screenshots test, as it is stock...

Features

- Based on Official Firmware XXLQ1 (ATO);
    - Deodexed,
    - Zipaligned,
    - AROMA 2.0 Installer;
    - Stock kernel,
    - Init.d support;
    -Removed CPU rendering, full GPU rendering;
    - init.d scripts include: RAM management and VM tweaks, zipalign, flash memory performance and more,
    - build.prop tweaks for improved screen responsiveness, keeping home app in memory, etc.,
    - Most widgets and icons removed from homescreen to make it cleaner and easier to customize (see screenshot),
    - Optimized pngs and smali/xml launcher/framework tweaks for a smoother TW experience,
    - See change log, in post #2...

Coming Very Soon

- Advanced/extended power menu (debugging now...)

Known Issues

-Homescreen is a bit messy when you first boot, depending on what you install via AROMA.... In the final, I will have all widgets, removed and app shortcuts aligned, so you have a clean slate.
    - You tell me....

INSTALLATION

1. Make a Nandroid backup of your current ROM,

2. Download the flashable .zip file you want below,

3. Reboot into clockwork mod recovery,

4. You must flash the XXLQ1 ICS firmware via ODIN/Heimdall before flashing this ROM! Also, a data wipe is strongly recommended before flashing Thanks.

5. Flash the ROM zip in recovery, following the prompts in the AROMA installer (NOTE: on the custom install menu you need to use the volume keys to scroll up and down, working on this...),

6. Let it boot up and then go through the setup wizard,

7. Let the widgets load up and things settle, sync., etc.,

8. Enjoy, and please post bugs in the thread, if any ( "XDA App keeps force closing" is NOT a bug....;)).

9. If you like the ROM, please hit the thanks button....:)!

DOWNLOAD

ROM

(Mirror 1, more to come, if needed): http://d-h.st/pNd

Samsung Apps

http://d-h.st/mSz

PLEASE NOTE:
    • This ROM will flash the modem.bin from the ATO firmware. This should not be an issue for users, but I just want you to know...I have it in there for beta testing purposes, and will remove in future releases...
    • If you use tegrak or some other over-clocking app, or if you restore data with Titanium Backup, please do not post bugs you may have when using those programs. The same goes for restoring system data via Titanium Backup. I cannot debug issues arising from their use.

Thanks/Credits
    • lowtraxx for helping me with the broken fonts issue...
    • More to come...

WARNING/DISCLAIMER

As with all custom ROMs, you flash the ROM and any other items linked to in this post or the remainder of this thread at your own risk. I cannot and will not be held responsible for anything that may happen to your phone, others or you as a result of flashing this ROM.
    Change Log

Version 3.0--->Version 5.0

• [*Initial Release of ICS Version

Version 2.0--->Version 3.0
    • Went back to XXLA4 base, completely rebuilt, with all apks optimized;
    • Removed CPU rendering, full GPU rendering;
    • Added some init.d tweaks to increase ext4 I/O speed,
    • revamped RAM, priorities, handler and vm tweaks;
    • incrased sdcard readahead to 2048,
    • added modded stock launcher from 10.1 that has also been optimized (still not as smooth as TW launcher, IMHO), with smali code altered to work with sqlite version in the firmware;
    • added back memo and a couple of other apps (Kies, etc.) to lite base;
    • Other dorky stuff I am sure I forgot...

Final v 1-->version 2.0
    • Completely rebuilt from newest official firmware DXBL3;
    • Only one version available (should work over all firmware, but see "Please Note" in OP). This is a "Lite Version";
    • Made Samsung App flashable zip available for those who want full ROM;
    • Working HideBar App;
    • Increased free memory in supercharger script;
    • Removed TCP tweaks from build.prop;
    • Redid allanimations in framework and launcher to increase speed/smoothness and reduce lag;
    • Probably a lot more I forgot...

RC3-->Final
    • De-symlinked system/app and data/app_s;
    • Added noatime flash memory tweaks;
    • added drop caches script to (hopefully) reduce lag in homescreen;
    • Messed with the animations a bit to speed them up;
    • More optimizations of Samsung TW apks to at least make them work better (wish I could get rid of them...);
    • Minor speed and battery tweaks;
    • More I am sure I forgot...

RC2-->RC3
    • Changed kernel flash method to improve (hopefully solve) problems with flashing onto some stock firmware;
    • Fixed app drawer background;
    • removed some init.d scripts I felt were extraneous;
    • Speed tweaks (let me know)...

RC1-->RC2
    • Fixed issue in kernel flash that (I hope) was preventing some users phone to force close/bootloop on startup;
    • Fixed issues with some apps and games crashing (again,..:));
    • Symlinked /system/app/ to /data/app/ to offload some data on the system partition;
    • Moved some apps to /data/app so they can be uninstalled;
    • Adjusted the RAM script settings to be less aggressive, but hopefully just as effective;
    • tweaked VM settings;
    • removed some init.d scripts I felt were not adding all that much (make things simpler);
    • further tinkering with framework to smooth out TW interface. I find that the only noticeable lag now is after closing out a program, there is a fraction of a secon of lag when switching home screens. I hope to remove this by the final release...
    Removed Apps & Extras

List of Removed Apps

Again, these can be re-added with the "SamsungApps.zip" in the OP,a will be an option in AROMA next version...
    Kies
    MobilePrint
    Samsung Apps
    Version 2.0

Version 2.0 is up in the OP. Please consider hitting the thanks button if you download. about 10k downloads over the past month and about 200 thanks...;). Thanks!

Steve
    Version 3.0 Up

Hey all,

Version 3.0 is up in the OP, along with the AOSP launcher add-on. Please hit the thanks button if you like it. thanks!

Steve