Curious about my new project? [UPDATED May 29]

Search This thread

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
UPDATE ON MAY 29, 2012: I'm sorry guys.

I won't be releasing my project. I'm actually stopping the effort to port the rom. I can't do it, it just is way too complicated to complete.

This means, until I decide to work on something new or find something worth porting, I am not developing for the D3 or Droid Bionic anymore.

I won't be picking up Motoblur + Android 4.0.4 either, so eliminate that question as well.

I hope you guys won't get mad.

--Sam

Last edited:

Endoroid

Aug 28, 2011
Surrey
Nice to something gb on its way. Im sure im not alone that I can't use ics as a daily driver for various reasons

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
it would be great to bring a banging ass sense rom our way like 3.0 or 3.5

I'm all for options, but Sense just isn't my cup of tea. Not to mention it would be Gingerbread based (I don't believe any HTC device currently has ICS), and many people (myself included) would see it as a step back.

Nice to something gb on its way. Im sure im not alone that I can't use ics as a daily driver for various reasons

What exactly has you hung up, as far as ICS is concerned (just a question)? Everything works, with the exception of face unlock, and some spotty bluetooth issues. Granted, I'm not overly familiar with the GSM builds and their respective bugs, but most people really seem to be enjoying the 4.0 builds...

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium

My hope is that we see something completely new...not a port of an existing Galaxy Nexus ROM, but one built specifically for the D3 and other Moto devices. I would love to see something fresh and original, yet streamlined and efficient, that we can all enjoy. :)

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

Pokelover980

Dec 25, 2010
I'm all for options, but Sense just isn't my cup of tea. Not to mention it would be Gingerbread based (I don't believe any HTC device currently has ICS), and many people (myself included) would see it as a step back.

The HTC One X has it :p Actually, I think all of the new HTC One series phones have it.

Reactions: jjhiza

doogald

May 27, 2010
I'm definitely interested. I prefer having full functionality for my phone, so the ICS ROMs are out for me for now, and I prefer the GB ROMs to be unthemed. It seems that all of the themed ROMs have something that I think looks mediocre (bad fonts that make it difficult to tell normal from bold, or that flow badly; on screen button elements that do not work right; mediocre battery indicators on the status bar; unattractive notification pull-downs; etc.)

buckmarble

Sep 18, 2010
Michigan
I'm definitely interested. I prefer having full functionality for my phone, so the ICS ROMs are out for me for now, and I prefer the GB ROMs to be unthemed. It seems that all of the themed ROMs have something that I think looks mediocre (bad fonts that make it difficult to tell normal from bold, or that flow badly; on screen button elements that do not work right; mediocre battery indicators on the status bar; unattractive notification pull-downs; etc.)

Have you taken a look at mavrom? Youve got a lot of theme choices at one click of a button.

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

1of16

Jan 20, 2009
i really hope its a good, multi-lang, gb 2.3.7 rom liek cm7.2 without any bloat like sense.
maybe even the hw-codecs and such are working? ;)

btw. if you need a gsm guy for testing, msg me.

droidian1441

Sep 17, 2011
Christiansburg
Here's an update:
This rom is a pain in the ass. It really is. So the chances of me completing this, with school and other things have gone down to about 20% from 70%.

But here are some details:
Gingerbread 2.3.6
Later Software from another device (I'm not naming it)
No GSM compatibility

Sorry GSM users, there isn't a way GSM will work on the rom until the device I'm porting this from is updated later this year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

redsox985

Aug 30, 2011
PA
Are you using the Bell or Chinese ROM? I worked on the Bell 2.3.6 port, and it worked, but my modding/theme-ing skills are weak, so it didn't move much past stock appearance with some build.prop tweaks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE ON MAY 29, 2012: I'm sorry guys.

I won't be releasing my project. I'm actually stopping the effort to port the rom. I can't do it, it just is way too complicated to complete.

This means, until I decide to work on something new or find something worth porting, I am not developing for the D3 or Droid Bionic anymore.

I won't be picking up Motoblur + Android 4.0.4 either, so eliminate that question as well.

--Sam

The HTC One X has it :p Actually, I think all of the new HTC One series phones have it.
    I'm sorry guys.

--Sam
    The locked bootloader was one of the main problems. #unlockthedamnbootloader!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

i know man thanks for the time you spent. i miss the ogd days then dx came with a locked bootloader something once beautiful now just a pawn in marketing and money. only time will tell