Which phone are you using or getting?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

sindresv

Jul 26, 2008
Volda
Web browsing is a very much used feature for the avarage smart phone user so it's quite a big deal. And as I wrote earlier: changing from chrome isn't an option for many beacause of the sync options on Chrome.

eskargoz

May 24, 2011
Paris
@Tom-Helge
I'm not saying your info is wrong, I'm saying that you can't "correct" an opinion.
If I prefer one screen over the other you won't change my mind by saying pentile is good !

I'm outta here.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

sindresv

Jul 26, 2008
Volda
If you think it is as easy as if the screen is the same technology they will give the same picture quality, then you truly are stupid! That's like telling ever lcd-tv is the same no matter what company makes them!

But enough is enough, to enjoy your phone.

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
How did this thread get to seven pages before being locked?

I don't care how well-intentioned the OP was, the ensuing "discussion" served to perfectly illustrate why comparison threads are troll bait and totally frowned upon.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

ksubedi

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 18, 2010
Boulder, CO, US
How did this thread get to seven pages before being locked?

I don't care how well-intentioned the OP was, the ensuing "discussion" served to perfectly illustrate why comparison threads are troll bait and totally frowned upon.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

I kinda feel bad for posting this.

Last edited:
Reactions: rwilco12

Tom-Helge

I'm not trying to convince anyone that One is better. Im saying that the One is better than the s4 in my opinion.

Alright then, do you think the S4 is better than the One or vice versa?
The Galaxy S4 is better for me because of some things.

1. Bigger screen.

2. MicroSD card slot.

3. Changable battery.

4. It's small considering that it have a 5 inch screen.

5. It have many cool features that makes the Galaxy S4 really smart, that a smartphone is supposed to be.

6. It have better peformance / hardware.

The list of positive things on the Galaxy S4 is quite long while it have a short list of negative things.

On the HTC One, the list of positive things are way more shorter while it have a longer list of negative sides to me.

That's the reason why i went for the Galaxy S4. So yeah, that's my opinion. Yeah, remember "MY OPINIONS' (witch is not the facts).

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

If you think it is as easy as if the screen is the same technology they will give the same picture quality, then you truly are stupid! That's like telling ever lcd-tv is the same no matter what company makes them!

But enough is enough, to enjoy your phone.
I though that someone said the screen on the HTC One was better than the screen on the iPhone 5?

Where is the proof of that?

At least it have been proved that the screen on the iPhone 5 is one of the best screen around.

Without any proofs i will rather say they are a tie between the HTC One and iPhone 5 screen.

Last edited:

KidCarter93

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Huawei P Smart+ 2019
Redmi 7A
I kinda feel bad for posting this.
uploadfromtaptalk1368748354604.jpg

Reactions: ksubedi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This looks like one of the hot comparisions out there right now. Many of you are probably wondering if you should get the One or S4. I was in the same boat as some of you guys before buying the HTC One. I had been using a nexus 4 which felt fast and good in hand, but after breaking the screen and getting quoted $250 to fix it, i decided to buy a new one. I didn't even look at any phones other than the HTC One, Galaxy S4 and XPeria Z. I removed the XPeria Z from my list after hearing that the snapdragon s4 feels laggy on the 1080p screen and the screen is a little washed out compared to the other two. It was really hard to choose from the remaining two, but here are things that i thought were pros and cons of both phones:

Galaxy S4 Pros:

- Has SD Slot
    - Has Removable Battery
    - Processor is clocked 200MHz higher at 1.9GHz (Doesn't make much difference)
    - AirView is pretty cool and would be pretty useful if more apps implemented (I don't think the API is open though)
    - Faster unofficial updates since Google announced they would be providing updates for the stock version of GS4 which means the roms can be ported faster.

Galaxy S4 Cons:

- Doesn't have a premium feel with plastic polycarbonate body (the phone's plastic felt like the plastic used on my motorcycle's helmet)
    - Has too many gimicky features that just take up space but you can never use (the eye tracking features are useless at night or where there is no perfect lighting, Air gestures are not practical for most people.)
    - Only 16GB of internal storage (at the moment), and only about 10 GB is free for users to use, which means you cannot download apps that are more than that on size. Almost all big games on the android market are at least 1GB and can go up to 3, and if you install like 5 or 6 of them, you will be pretty close to running out of storage for apps.
    - When i held the device on my hand, it felt slimey (its kind of hard to explain) as if it was dipped in some kind of oil.
    - Phone speaker is tiny. I don't listen to music through the speakers, but while trying my friends GS4's speakerphone to call while driving, i felt like the volume was little too low.
    - TouchWiz is really cluttered. I checked how many apps that i didn't need were installed by default, and there were more than 20 apps that i would never use.
    - Periodic Jitters. The phone seemed to freeze up for a quarter of second randomly while using the phone. And sometimes the UI would totally skip animations. These aren't big things, but they make the user experience feel less fun.

HTC One Pros:

- Smooth aluminum finish definitely makes the device feel premium in hand and gives overall better hand feeling.
    - Ultrapixel camera works great at low light conditions.
    - The infrared blaster merged into the power button just makes the device look less cluttered.
    - The PPI is the higest out of anything i have ever used. The display is so sharp that it looks like you are looking at a printed photo when you are looking at the picture on the phone.
    - HTC Sense 5 is great. I was always an aosp fan, but they have optmised sense so much that i like sense better than stock now.
    - Boomsound speakers are great. I never thought i would be using speakers to watch videos on my phone, but the boom sound speakers are so loud and clear that i like using them over my $200+ headphones while watching movies and videos. The speakers are something that you will not notice how good they are unless you actually use them. Head down to a Sprint or Tmobile or ATT store and try it out.
    - Beats Audio sounded like a gimmick at first, but it surprisingly works really well. Some songs sound so much better with beats turned on.
    - It has a built in amp for the speakers, which helps the speakers perform really good.
    - It is iPhone smooth. No matter what you guys say, i had never used an android phone that could match iphone's smoothness before using the htc one. The galaxy s4 is smooth, but the one feels a lot more smoother than the s4 when using side by side.
    - Call Quality seemed much much better than S4 on my tests.

HTC One Cons:

- No Removable Battery. This definitely sucks.
    - No SD Slot.
    - Still uses 4.1.2 instead of latest version.
    - Only 4 MP camera. Way more than enough on daily use, but if you want to print a photo in really large size, you might want to look for a real camera.
    - It's almost impossible to repair.

Well these were pros and cons from my tests. I ended up buying the HTC one after a long research. Here are some deciding factors and solutions for HTC one's cons that made me get the HTC:

- The One came with 32 GB which was enough for me. And since i have good network and unlimited data with tmobile, i could always use cloud storage if i needed more.
    - The One supports USB OTG like the S4 which means after buying a $1 cable from ebay, i could just plug in my USB flash drive and watch movies and other things from there. This would save me internal space, and i could always use the usb if i wanted to watch a movie. This would compensate the non removable storage in the HTC One.
    - The non removable battery in the HTC One sucks, but according to a lot of reviews it would last for a day with moderate use which was good enough for me.
    - The non removable battery problems could be solved by portable chargers.
    - Even though the battery is non replaceable in the HTC One, i don't think i will need to replace it for at least 2 years, and i wont be using this phone for more than 2 years. The battery is rated for charging cycles of 1000 times. This means even if you charge and discharge your phone completely 3 times in two days (which we don't normally do), the phone would easily last 2 years. And the 1000 times rating is the minimum rating, the battery could last even longer.
    - The One has much more premium feel in hand compared to the S4. If you hold both in hands at the same time, you can totally feel the difference.
    - Samsung's 16GB internal storage feels like too low for apps. Since you can only use 10GB out of the 16, i feel like i am going to run out of internal storage pretty quick.'
    - The Audio quality from headphone port as well as the speakers is much better than the S4. I tried both side by side and One was far better in terms or audio quality.
    - The display in HTC One seemed better than the S4 probably because of the higher PPI or samsung's use of pentile display tech. You wouldn't notice this if you were just using one of the phones, but if you had both phones side by side, the difference was noticable.
    - The display on the HTC One works much better on sunlight compared to the Galaxy s4's OLED display. The difference is pretty big.
    - I noticed that most pictures that i took with my phone were in low light situations. HTC One was much better in low light, even when the Galaxy S4's night mode was turned on.
    - I actually liked the looks of HTC's sense compared to Touchwiz. Touchwiz just feels cartoonish compared to Sense.

Let me know if there are any pros or cons or any of the phones that i missed to mention above.

P.S. I am pretty biased towards the HTC one on the last part (deciding factors) since those were the reasons i got one instead of other. But i've tried to be as fair as possible on the pros and cons.

Update: Check this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41502507&postcount=27
    Although this thread was started with the best of intentions and the OP was very well put together it has unfortunately become necessary for me to close it (and I'm sure many of you can see why).

Thank you,
    Rwilco12
    Yes, the HTC One is "feeling" good in the hand because of the aluminum. But how things works and functions is way more important than how things feels.

But that feeling comes with a big cost. Aluminum is spreading the heat way more than plastic does. And because the temprature on the HTC One is way higher than it is on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (according to NordicHardware here: http://tinyurl.com/brskpgw), then i wouldn't really say aluminum is a good thing to have on a phone when a phone gets that hot.

And good luck holding that phone under heavy usage, because you know, over 57 deagrees celcius and aluminum is NOT gonna fell good in the hand at all.

You should write this down as a cons / negative side for the HTC One.

And if you would think about what you just posted, you'd know that heat dissapation is a good thing. Both phones have more or less the same processor, so they heat up about equally. The heat you feel on metal means that the heat is getting sucked away from processor and other electronics inside, preventing them from overheating. :good:
    Yes, the HTC One is "feeling" good in the hand because of the aluminum. But how things works and functions is way more important than how things feels.

But that feeling comes with a big cost. Aluminum is spreading the heat way more than plastic does. And because the temprature on the HTC One is way higher than it is on the Samsung Galaxy S4 (according to NordicHardware here: http://tinyurl.com/brskpgw), then i wouldn't really say aluminum is a good thing to have on a phone when a phone gets that hot.

And good luck holding that phone under heavy usage, because you know, over 57 deagrees celcius and aluminum is NOT gonna fell good in the hand at all.

You should write this down as a cons / negative side for the HTC One.

hey mate i been using htc one for 2 month and i wanna correct you even i watching movie and playing asphalt 7 or nova or modern combat
    my battery highest rate will go till 41 degree and i never feel hot or watsoever just warm if u going to ask me how the hell i check now i teach u guys and that dont know just press *#*#4636#*#* if the device battery heat higher than 48degree will be consider defected battery as what HTC service center told me.lastly im not a HTC fanboy i own samsung s3 previous and my sister own s4 now,we compare side by side and my sister said wanna sell of s4 and get HTC one no offense and peace
    Guys guys lets all calm down. I didn't mean to start a flame war. And sorry moderator, i didnt know about the rules of posting comparisons.

And for the screen ppi, if you put the two devices side by side, you can definitely see the differences with your eyes. It might not have been because of the screen PPI but might have been because of the pentile display, but it is definitely there.

And about the USB otg, i never said the GS4 doesn't have it. I mentioned that the One has it because it doesn't have expandable storage like the GS4 and the OTG is a way to compensate that. I will update it and add that to it.

I like both phones and the Galaxy S4 is not a bad phone by any means. But i simply prefer the HTC One over it. And this is my comparison, and it has things that i would do with the phone (for example i am with tmobile and i have unlimited data so that i can use cloud storage), things might be different for you. I just put this review up so that someone looking for reasons to buy a one (like i was) could find some.

So yea, both phones are great! I personally like the one.