Ok from the beginning:
Stock rom
rooted Stock Rom with Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit
Installed TWRP
Everything works great for MONTHS.

Last night:
Went into TWRP, made a backup
Wiped everything
Installed this pile of crap http://galaxynote2root.com/sprint-g...-mobilesprintverizoncanadiangt-n7100gt-n7105/
Yes, they have a sprint l900 file there to use.
rebooted, everything all good. nice fast rom.

Left it plugged in to charge.

This morning: The phone is warm to touch and does not boot.
Managed to get to download mode and use Odin3.09 to install latest stock rom
rebooted and everything was stock.

Now the device reboots after a second of being plugged in, but there is graphics corruption and the back light does not turn on.

If I go to download mode, I can plug in the charger.

Inside Download mode, all specs are 'Official' stock. 5 counts on the flash counter.

any ideas?

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I tried that rom a while back but I had to return to my fav tw based rom due to the known issues with those aosp roms. Data connectivity is terrible and thats a priority for me. Anyway its very easy to download & flash the wrong rom. If you accidently flash a rom for a gsm phone that could be the source of your problem. If you know for a fact you flashed the correct rom then id suspect a kernel or partition issue.

This is what I'd do. Odin back to the stock unrooted LJC then go from there to get back to rooted MC2 and see if you have the same problem. If the problem continues then you have a hardware problen or bad battery and yyou'll need to go to the Sprint store for TEP service.

ComradeZ

May 5, 2012
I tried that rom a while back but I had to return to my fav tw based rom due to the known issues with those aosp roms. Data connectivity is terrible and thats a priority for me. Anyway its very easy to download & flash the wrong rom. If you accidently flash a rom for a gsm phone that could be the source of your problem. If you know for a fact you flashed the correct rom then id suspect a kernel or partition issue.

This is what I'd do. Odin back to the stock unrooted LJC then go from there to get back to rooted MC2 and see if you have the same problem. If the problem continues then you have a hardware problen or bad battery and yyou'll need to go to the Sprint store for TEP service.

Odin it back to MC2 non root. Now whenever I plug in a charger, the phone reboots then the backlight turns off.

I'll try the LJC however I was told due to the emmc fix in MC2 that it will nbot let you go back to LJC.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
Try this: Remove your micro sd card then backup everything on your internal storage to your computer. Then use odin to return to stock unrooted LJC or MC2. You will want to use reset the flash counter while your at it. Once done see how your phone acts. If the problem continues then I'd go to your closest corporate Sprint store that has a service center. Hopefully you have TEP. At that point id have to assume you have a hardware problen. If you repair your phone's partitions using odin to flash it back to stock, that should do the trick. If not you'll need a new phone in my opinion.

Keep us posted on your findings.

ComradeZ

May 5, 2012
Try this: Remove your micro sd card then backup everything on your internal storage to your computer. Then use odin to return to stock unrooted LJC or MC2. You will want to use reset the flash counter while your at it. Once done see how your phone acts. If the problem continues then I'd go to your closest corporate Sprint store that has a service center. Hopefully you have TEP. At that point id have to assume you have a hardware problen. If you repair your phone's partitions using odin to flash it back to stock, that should do the trick. If not you'll need a new phone in my opinion.

Keep us posted on your findings.

Yeah, thats what I'm afraid of. I've used Odin to bring it back to MC2 but not LJC.

I thought TriangleAway did not work on note 2?

Also I replaced the USB board thinking it was that.

Same thing happens. Runs perfect on battery, soon as I plug it in, bam restart. No charge led or anything.

Problem is that this phone was a gift from a friend. It's clean ESN Sprint phone being used on a local MVNO.
I do not know how warranty stands on this phone then.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I don't know what MVNO is but I assume its a different carrier where you live. Since you didn't buy the phone from Sprint or an authorized retailer then you don't have any type of warranty to fall back on and you obviously don't have sprint's insurance so you're basically sol in that dept. Hopefully you can figure out what's causing the problem. I'd try putting in a different battery to see if your battery is bad. Borrow a battery at a sprint store, Verizon, AT&TT, etc. Pop it in and see what happens. Are you using the original Samsung charger? I bet it's your battery.

ComradeZ

May 5, 2012
I don't know what MVNO is but I assume its a different carrier where you live. Since you didn't buy the phone from Sprint or an authorized retailer then you don't have any type of warranty to fall back on and you obviously don't have sprint's insurance so you're basically sol in that dept. Hopefully you can figure out what's causing the problem. I'd try putting in a different battery to see if your battery is bad. Borrow a battery at a sprint store, Verizon, AT&TT, etc. Pop it in and see what happens. Are you using the original Samsung charger? I bet it's your battery.

I'm pretty sure this is the exact same thing that happens to like 80% of the note 2 after exactly 6 months or a year. Replaced the USB board and used different batteries. Even JTAGed it to see if all the binaries were correct.

It comes down to the charging IC being piss poor in combination of a crap designed USB charge board.

I would not recommend anyone buy a Note 2 or 3 based on many many many people having the no charge / reboots issue.

Scumbag Samsung.

tx_dbs_tx

Jan 19, 2009
Texas, USA
I've never had a problem with my charge port. Bought my note 2 the week it was released. Maybe your phone wasn't exactly pampered before you got it. Lol

ComradeZ

May 5, 2012
I've never had a problem with my charge port. Bought my note 2 the week it was released. Maybe your phone wasn't exactly pampered before you got it. Lol

When I opened it up, there was no dust no lint nothing. Never was used beyond a wifi hotspot. =P

Got the USB board replaced, same thing. =(

Funny how thousands of people have this phone but apparently no one else on earth has the same problem as I.