[Q] wifi wont turn on

Search This thread

S1L3nTShaDoWz

Dec 25, 2013
Hi guys
Please help , WiFi won't turn on on my m8

I've had this problem 2 remembered times I believe, once when first going to Kitkat on my Jellybean Galaxy S4 and once when I updated my custom ROM to the newest version on my M8. Have you recently flashed a new ROM or update to your phone? If so then the only thing I can recommend you at this immediate moment is to either try re-flashing it or reverting back to what you were previously on. I searched for quite a while on how to solve the "WiFi won't activate or endlessly activates" issue and never did find any solution. Anyways there may actually be a 'better' solution to this but I never found it, if there is then someone else will reply with it.

If that is not the case and your issue lies elsewhere then please further explain your problem and what you did leading up to it to cause it, thanks!

secanix79

Aug 31, 2012
I've had this problem 2 remembered times I believe, once when first going to Kitkat on my Jellybean Galaxy S4 and once when I updated my custom ROM to the newest version on my M8. Have you recently flashed a new ROM or update to your phone? If so then the only thing I can recommend you at this immediate moment is to either try re-flashing it or reverting back to what you were previously on. I searched for quite a while on how to solve the "WiFi won't activate or endlessly activates" issue and never did find any solution. Anyways there may actually be a 'better' solution to this but I never found it, if there is then someone else will reply with it.

If that is not the case and your issue lies elsewhere then please further explain your problem and what you did leading up to it to cause it, thanks!

hi
yes i just bought this M8 already rooted and with a custom Rom, so you think is because of that?
am gonna try to install new rom and see

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
How did you solve the problem?

Just some advice since you are new here: If you want help with a problem, best way to get it is to give as much information about your device as possible (carrier version, what OS version, OS version before you unlocked bootloader if applicable, if the phone is modded with custom ROM, and if so what custom ROM, etc.).

Problem with WiFi not turning on is common, and has been discussed on numerous threads. You probably need to update your firmware (hboot, radio, etc.), since if it's too old, it will not be compatible with current custom ROMs.

Also, please look at the dates of threads/posts before replying to (bumping) them. Digging up old threads is not recommended. This thread is over 2 years (going on 3 years) old. And the user you are asking, hasn't been active on the forum recently. So the chances of that person responded, is somewhat low. Even if he responded, the answer will probably not be completely relevant, as the OS versions, custom ROM versions, and a lot of other things have changed in the last 2 years. Meaning what that person did 2+ years ago, probably won't work for your today.

Although there are others here (such as myself) which will be happy to try to help, as long as you can provide more info as requested.