[HOW-TO] Revert HBOOT 0.35.0017 to 0.33.0012

Search This thread

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
I CAN'T RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER!!!

This only reverts your SPL/HBOOT back to 0.33.0012 after you've installed the Korean FRF91 files and ended up stuck with 0.35.0017 SPL.

Thanks to the guys in the Desire forums and help from the Nexus Q&A, I have reverted my phone to the original HBOOT so I can apply custom roms again.

First you need to root the Korean FRF91 that's on your phone using Paul's instructions for superboot FRF83.
If you are rooted already, skip this step.
http://android.modaco.com/content/g...-erd79-frf83-superboot-rooting-the-nexus-one/

You need to download the EPF30 update, save it to your SD card as PASSIMG.zip.
http://shipped-roms.com/shipped/Passion%20(Nexus%20One)/PASSIMG_Passion_Google_WWE_1.14.1700.1_EPF30_release_signed.zip

Create a new mtd0.img file through this site
http://ks33673.kimsufi.com/misc/
I used the values, CID: 11111111 and Rom version: 0.22.997.0
Save the mtd0.img file to you PC.

Download the flash_image binary (right click, save as)
http://benocharm.lensworks.org/flash_image
Make sure it's saved as flash_image, and not flash_image.txt
If it has a Notepad icon, then it's not saved right.

With mtd0.img and flash_image in the same folder, type these commands from within that directory:
Code:
adb push flash_image /data/flash_image
adb push mtd0.img /data/mtd0.img
adb shell
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd0.img

NOTE: After flashing the MISC partition with the MTD0 from the Desire, you will notice that you have an HTC logo on your phone.
No worries, this goes away after reflashing the EPF30 Nexus One PASSIMG.zip package.

Power off your phone, then turn it on by holding VolDown and pressing Power.

It will start up in HBOOT mode and will prompt you to flash the EPF30 PASSIMG.zip update.

Once this is finished you can root the EPF30 system through Paul's superboot instructions above, then use Rom Manager from the market to apply a custom recovery again.

Now, remember not to flash the new HBOOT again.

I'd recommend flashing the 5.08 radio for the N1 through other means. Search the forum to find the instructions.

Last edited:

rommelin

Feb 15, 2006
Thanks a lot cursordroid.
Finally I managed to downgrade my hboot.

I could save several steps as my phone is unlocked.
So I just needed to:
- make a nandroid backup
- Go through the steps of flashing mtd0.img
- Apply PASSIMG.zip file
- Through fastboot re-install a custome recovery image
- Nandroid restore

Thanks!

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
Thanks a lot cursordroid.
Finally I managed to downgrade my hboot.

I could save several steps as my phone is unlocked.
So I just needed to:
- make a nandroid backup
- Go through the steps of flashing mtd0.img
- Apply PASSIMG.zip file
- Through fastboot re-install a custome recovery image
- Nandroid restore

Thanks!

That sounds like it should work, except I'm not sure fastboot accepts unsigned recovery images, you might still need to use Rom Manager to flash one.

YMMV

death1246

Jan 24, 2010
Florida
WTF! This can relock the bootloader? :D

Where is the link to the latest HBOOT?????????????

Last edited:

rommelin

Feb 15, 2006
That sounds like it should work, except I'm not sure fastboot accepts unsigned recovery images, you might still need to use Rom Manager to flash one.

YMMV

Just did it :)
You can definitely flash the recovery directly from bootloader when the phone is unlocked.

I forgot to mention one extra step I took.
Delete through adb the PASSIMG.zip file from the sdcard before trying to enter in bootloader and flash the recovery.

For that, I just needed to boot the stock firmware, enable usb debugging mode and:
#adb shell rm /sdcard/PASSIMG.zip

death1246

Jan 24, 2010
Florida
So if I upgrade I loose root? then i root and reflash stock PASSIMG.zip with original HBOOT after flashing Desire hboot I can get stock bootloader meaning? Security gets disabled when using HTC HBoot? so i can relock my bootloader then update using PASSIMG??????????????

I dont think youve realized how happy you made everyone on this forum is you figured out you can relock the bootloader lol!

Last edited:

cursordroid

Jul 20, 2009
Edmonton
I CAN'T RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER!!!

This only reverts your SPL/HBOOT back to 0.33.0012 after you've installed the Korean FRF91 files and ended up stuck with 0.35.0017 SPL.

evank418

Feb 19, 2009
seoul
i'm getting an error saying incorrect cid. i actually have korean nexus one. i've been following all the steps but stuck when i try to flash the rom with passimg. big error msg saying incorrect cid. what to do now?

Last edited:

nomadism

Jun 23, 2010
I can also confirm that this method worked with me. Initially screwed by the Korean ROM, but now back to the old bootloader. Thanks!!

evank418

Feb 19, 2009
seoul
i have tried all the method there and followed all the stuff, but it just won't let me flash passimg.zip. i keep getting cid incorrect. any solution people?

evank418

Feb 19, 2009
seoul
Yes and it didn't work. Also tried Googl001 but didn't work either. I actually do have Korean nexus one maybe that's why???? Any solution?

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

Jul 17, 2010
@cursordroid help me

i'm a newbie, i don't know much about these, but i have installed Korean FRF91

After seeing u'r post i was happy that i could revert back now, but i don't know how to do

i have followed u'r post but i'm stuck in the middle.................

i have created that two files and downloaded EPF30 update.............

where to enter these commands

adb push flash_image /data/flash_image
adb push mtd0.img /data/mtd0.img
adb shell
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd0.img

i have windows 7..............

please help me

my emailid tryingto.findout@gmail.com

rommelin

Feb 15, 2006
Yes and it didn't work. Also tried Googl001 but didn't work either. I actually do have Korean nexus one maybe that's why???? Any solution?

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App
Well, if you have a korean one, i'm not sure if there is anything different in that version.
Can you write down all the details from the bootloader screen?

Top Liked Posts