[APP][4.0+] NFC Tools : Read, write and program tasks on NFC Tags

Search This thread

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
Hi,

We can't test any of the pro features and they are not really well described.
I think it would help buying the app if we can somehow test them in a limited way, or at least see the options menu, or have them described in detail somewhere !

Anyway, I have a question about HTTP get.
Is it purely conditional ? I would like to display the response in a popup, like NFC Retag httpget feature. Would there be any other command to show the result of a request ? (Launching the browser is too heavy, it takes more time to load and display the response) Nfc retag get feature matches my needs, but miss conditions that you support very nicely !!

Hi there,

Yes, it's a good suggestion, I will work on it.

Currently, HTTP GET allow to send a URL in background, but you can't show result into a screen.
But you can put a conditional block on a HTTP GET request.
You can see in the screenshot here :

screen_httpget_cond.png

In the future, I would like to add variables management (eg: put a HTTP return into a var).
But I'm alone on this project and It's lot of work ;)

mweissie

Jan 8, 2015
password protection

Write protecting failed with my 216 Tag
I then set a password for the tag expecting it to fail also. It worked but now I have no access to the tag through any application.
What does the password protection do?
How can I enter a password so that it is readable or writeable? You have no "Enter Password" that I can see.

Thanks for your help. The application is really very accurate and helpful.

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
In fact, password protection avoids to permanently block your NFC tag.
(You can set a password instead of block definitely your tag).
it's only write protected, if you want write again on your tag, you need to remove password protection.

Thanks for your compliment :)

InvalidCast

Sep 7, 2008
Nantes
hi! I'm evaluating the possibilities of your app and there's one task i'd like to do: open a file, either on smb or ftp protocol.
the tag would contain the smb or ftp url, and then would open the file.
for example, i manage to directly open a txt file on a ftp by giving the url to chrome, but, giving the url to nfc taks does not open chrome.
how can i do this? thank you

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
hi! I'm evaluating the possibilities of your app and there's one task i'd like to do: open a file, either on smb or ftp protocol.
the tag would contain the smb or ftp url, and then would open the file.
for example, i manage to directly open a txt file on a ftp by giving the url to chrome, but, giving the url to nfc taks does not open chrome.
how can i do this? thank you

Hi there,
Maybe you can test with a FTP URL like this :
HTML:
ftp://user:password@mydomain.tld/mydirectory/myfile.txt

Let me know if it's work.
Have a good day.
Kindest regards.

InvalidCast

Sep 7, 2008
Nantes
Hi there,
Maybe you can test with a FTP URL like this :
HTML:
ftp://user:password@mydomain.tld/mydirectory/myfile.txt

Let me know if it's work.
Have a good day.
Kindest regards.
thank you, but this is already the way i enter the url (including user / password to have a "one shot" url, not to have problem if url is handled without user interaction)
can i know how do you handle the url? because, if i try the same url in the default browser, i'm said that the url scheme is not known.
so, if you silently use this broswer (or a class that calls the same apis) that would explain the problem: the tag is recognized, a message appears ("url exécutée") but nothing else after.
in your app, we cannot pass an argument to an app when opening it. i cannot say "open chrome, with this url". would it be possible to add this kind of task?
or maybe, somewhere, i can register ftp protocol to be opened with chrome? for example, if you're in any browser an click a link to the playstore, android ask you if you want to open with playstore app. is something similar possible with ftp?

thank you

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
thank you, but this is already the way i enter the url (including user / password to have a "one shot" url, not to have problem if url is handled without user interaction)
can i know how do you handle the url? because, if i try the same url in the default browser, i'm said that the url scheme is not known.
so, if you silently use this broswer (or a class that calls the same apis) that would explain the problem: the tag is recognized, a message appears ("url exécutée") but nothing else after.
in your app, we cannot pass an argument to an app when opening it. i cannot say "open chrome, with this url". would it be possible to add this kind of task?
or maybe, somewhere, i can register ftp protocol to be opened with chrome? for example, if you're in any browser an click a link to the playstore, android ask you if you want to open with playstore app. is something similar possible with ftp?
thank you

It's weird because I use directly a simple URL "intent".
By default I think is chrome that be used for FTP URL
Therefore normally you can open a FTP URL.

Can you try with a record (not a task) -> URL/URI (FTP).
Also if you have some special characters in the user name or password, it's could be the problem.

InvalidCast

Sep 7, 2008
Nantes
It's weird because I use directly a simple URL "intent".
By default I think is chrome that be used for FTP URL
Therefore normally you can open a FTP URL.

Can you try with a record (not a task) -> URL/URI (FTP).
Also if you have some special characters in the user name or password, it's could be the problem.

no special character (only letters)
record does trigger nfc task, but a system nfc app. see screenshot.
there's a space in the path, but it's replaced with the good characters and open fine in chrome.
i see you're french: did you had the opportunity to test ftp on a freebox? on which ftp server did you test?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-12-11-10-28.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-12-11-10-28.png
    30 KB · Views: 225

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
Hi there,

NFC Tools has been updated with 12 new tasks and more improvements.
I hope you will like these new tasks.

Download on Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wakdev.wdnfc

nfctools.preview.3.4.png

Release notes :
- Added an address field in contact record
- Added delivery report option for SMS task
- New task: Google Music - Media control
- New task: Enable / disable an app (root)
- New task: Interrupt mode (root)
- New task: Generate a beep
- New task: Send an Intent
- New task: Driving mode (Samsung)
- New task: Power saving mode (Samsung)
- New task: Blocking mode (Samsung)
- New task: Multi Window (Samsung)
- New task: Toolbox (Samsung)
- New task: Air View (Samsung)
- Fix root tasks : Kill an app, Mobile data
- Interface improvements

wakdev

Jun 24, 2014
Dijon
www.wakdev.com
Hi there,

NFC Tools has been updated with new conditional blocks and new tasks for Samsung.
Download on Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wakdev.wdnfc

nfctools.preview.3.6.png

Here is the release notes :
New conditional blocks :
- Wi-Fi Hotspot,
- Airplane,
- GPS,
- Car mode,
- Mobile data,
- Sync,
- Brightness mode,
- Notification light,
- Haptic feedback,