Made a successful fastboot cable, I believe adb drivers work, stuck though!

Search This thread

chrisdku

Mar 15, 2014
Alright, so I was trying to follow the guide on using a custom rom on kindle fire 2. I got to the point where it asked me to issue a fastboot command to verify device and I got a bunch of numbers and letters followed by the word device, so all seemed well. I then rebooted out of fastboot and issued the adb command to back up my stock files. I can't get it to work at all. I've scoured the forum and as much as I appreciate everyones work and dedication, trying to find the right article is a mess! I don't know what guide to use, or how to backup my stuff. I literally just want jelly bean and google play store on my tablet, that's it. I assume rooting is also necessary. Can anyone point me in the right direction or help? 10.4.8 is my software version.

wire55

Feb 25, 2013
To use adb, root is required.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

chrisdku

Mar 15, 2014
To use adb, root is required.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I am almost positive I was rooted, had a super SU on the apps and everything. However, I tried the guide for KF2 and it bricked. I then fixed it with KF Firstaide by restoring back to 10.2.3. I then tried to root with the same program and got some weird kindle fire logo popping up like crazy while in the launcher and had to restore again. Stuck at this point again. What's the best way to root? This is the guide I was referring to: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2100963