Flashing EPST for CDMA carrier unlock...

Search This thread

otto325

Jun 25, 2014
I bought a used HTC evo3d phone from ebay in the U.S and it is a CDMA Sprint phone. Well, Sprint hasn't existed in Canada and since Rogers bought the Canadian division in 2005, and at that time they were only home phone and cable.

My question is, to have another CDMA mobile provider such as Bell activate the phone, it needs to be "unlocked" so to speak. I have learned that the EPST menu, which can be accessed by dialing ##778#. you can choose view, or edit. Editing requires MSL password(which I obtained by root app called MSL reader) I can edit many of the phone's CDMA receiver frequencies and NAM settings, Home SID/NID, modem settings, PRL, data parameters, M.IP settings etc etc I can even see the previous owner's old sprint phone #, her sprint email address....

I am 90% sure the new provider will just flash all these settings to optimize the phone for their network...Is there a way to wipe all the old Sprint EPST to create a blank slate in which a new carrier can flash their new EPST settings into the phone?

Last edited: