Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
bannur6.png
FAQ @ GitHub
Package comparison @ GitHub
Advanced Features and Options @ GitHub
Development Repository @ GitHub

About The Open GApps Project
Open GApps is a Google Apps package completely developed by writing buildscripts which allow for the automated creation of new up-to-date packages automatically.
The development process is completely open-source (GPLv3) and the goal is to have multiple contributors involved, to secure and reinforce the sustainability of Open GApps development.
Builds are generated every (European) night automatically (if there are any changes) and uploaded to GitHub.

Links that will Auto download the latest version of the one you selected

Android 5.1.x Gapps (Lollipop)
Super ([What's included)
Stock (What's included)
Full (What's included)
Mini (What's included)
Micro (What's included)
Nano (What's included) This was what Zenfone Gapps was
Pico (What's included)

Experimental Android 6.0 Gapps (Marshmallow)
Super ([What's included)
Stock (What's included)
Full (What's included)
Mini (What's included)
Micro (What's included)
Pico (What's included)

Characteristic of Open GApps:

• All platforms and and all android versions are supported
  • DPI-optimized support for ALL packages (unlike all the other GApps out there)
  • Frequently updated Google Apps: Packages are updated daily (if there are any updated google apps released)
  • Strong compression, which allows for relatively small downloads of even the most complete packages
  • All apps are untouched, we do not change or modify Googles' applications but deliver them as-is
  • Automatic Backup: It is not necessary to re-flash Open GApps or modules when you flash a ROM update. Most ROMs support this function
  • All installers measure your device's system partition size and will notify you, BEFORE making any changes, if it finds any problems
  • We offer several variations from a Google Stock Package (based on what Google ships on Nexus devices) to smaller, minimalist packages.
  • All packages can be customized to your individual preferences using our exclusive Advanced Features and Options
The idea behind this project:
I believe a big source of the problem for many GApps packages to stay up-to-date (or not be forfeited) is the lack of time for developers to do labour-intensive repetive every time a new google-app apk is released.
That is why I have taken it upto myself to write some Linux shell scripts to automate the packaging and to share these efforts with the world with the goal to create a team to continue this package together under the name Open GApps.

This project should not be managed by a person, but by a team, so volunteers willing to help are more than welcome!
Team management and projectleader: @MastahF
Writing of the scripts: @MastahF & @Rapper_skull & @eugenesan or check the team on GitHub
Updating GApp sources: @MNBooZe & @DJAlik & @bgiesing & @mc1100 & @deadman96385 or check the team on GitHub
Website: @raulx222 & @MastahF hosted by GitHub and created with Material Design Lite and JQuery
Artwork: @Yeti12: Yeti-Designs website
The team will need contributors to help with the FAQ and other Documentation Everybody a bit at the moment. We can use YOUR help though! PLEASE PM @MastahF! or just start writing at the GitHub Wiki

Open GApps is originally based on the now discontinued PA GApps package of @TKruzze and @osm0sis
Open GApps also includes some code and features from the TK-GApps package of @TKruzze and @osm0sis

Last edited:

deadman96385

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2011
Saint Paul, Minnesota
I have converted Zenfone gapps to x86 Open Gapps, because i was contacted by @MastahF about working on Open Gapps for x86 because there are so few devices with intel chips. I agreed to help with it, initially it took some work to get all of the apps updated but once that was done Mastah and i talked about including arm apps in the packages because we have LibHoudni which allows arm apps. Which has now been implemented in today's build. The only thing that does not currently work is Face lock because this does not have a x86 version and arm one does not work.

Last edited:

jfsat

Before you ask i will not release a cm build, wait until @jrior001 or @crpalmer release it (or build it yourself like i do)

So... question for you then. Backstory: I signed up for Github a couple of weeks ago to watch our CM project, and I even took a tutorial on Git (hoping that I could learn how to contribute (hasn't gone all that well)). So the question is: How do I build it myself?
http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Development#Learning_To_Build_CM
Do I just need to dig through this for a weekend or two until I get it, or is there a simpler answer?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bannur6.png
    FAQ @ GitHub
    Package comparison @ GitHub
    Advanced Features and Options @ GitHub
    Development Repository @ GitHub

About The Open GApps Project
    Open GApps is a Google Apps package completely developed by writing buildscripts which allow for the automated creation of new up-to-date packages automatically.
    The development process is completely open-source (GPLv3) and the goal is to have multiple contributors involved, to secure and reinforce the sustainability of Open GApps development.
    Builds are generated every (European) night automatically (if there are any changes) and uploaded to GitHub.

Links that will Auto download the latest version of the one you selected

Android 5.1.x Gapps (Lollipop)
    Super ([What's included)
    Stock (What's included)
    Full (What's included)
    Mini (What's included)
    Micro (What's included)
    Pico (What's included)

Experimental Android 6.0 Gapps (Marshmallow)
    Super ([What's included)
    Stock (What's included)
    Full (What's included)
    Mini (What's included)
    Micro (What's included)
    Pico (What's included)

Characteristic of Open GApps:

• All platforms and and all android versions are supported
    • DPI-optimized support for ALL packages (unlike all the other GApps out there)
    • Frequently updated Google Apps: Packages are updated daily (if there are any updated google apps released)
    • Strong compression, which allows for relatively small downloads of even the most complete packages
    • All apps are untouched, we do not change or modify Googles' applications but deliver them as-is
    • Automatic Backup: It is not necessary to re-flash Open GApps or modules when you flash a ROM update. Most ROMs support this function
    • All installers measure your device's system partition size and will notify you, BEFORE making any changes, if it finds any problems
    • We offer several variations from a Google Stock Package (based on what Google ships on Nexus devices) to smaller, minimalist packages.
    • All packages can be customized to your individual preferences using our exclusive Advanced Features and Options
    The idea behind this project:
    I believe a big source of the problem for many GApps packages to stay up-to-date (or not be forfeited) is the lack of time for developers to do labour-intensive repetive every time a new google-app apk is released.
    That is why I have taken it upto myself to write some Linux shell scripts to automate the packaging and to share these efforts with the world with the goal to create a team to continue this package together under the name Open GApps.

This project should not be managed by a person, but by a team, so volunteers willing to help are more than welcome!
    Team management and projectleader: @MastahF
    Writing of the scripts: @MastahF & @Rapper_skull & @eugenesan or check the team on GitHub
    Updating GApp sources: @MNBooZe & @DJAlik & @bgiesing & @mc1100 & @deadman96385 or check the team on GitHub
    Website: @raulx222 & @MastahF hosted by GitHub and created with Material Design Lite and JQuery
    Artwork: @Yeti12: Yeti-Designs website
    The team will need contributors to help with the FAQ and other Documentation Everybody a bit at the moment. We can use YOUR help though! PLEASE PM @MastahF! or just start writing at the GitHub Wiki

Open GApps is originally based on the now discontinued PA GApps package of @TKruzze and @osm0sis
    Open GApps also includes some code and features from the TK-GApps package of @TKruzze and @osm0sis
    I have converted Zenfone gapps to x86 Open Gapps, because i was contacted by @MastahF about working on Open Gapps for x86 because there are so few devices with intel chips. I agreed to help with it, initially it took some work to get all of the apps updated but once that was done Mastah and i talked about including arm apps in the packages because we have LibHoudni which allows arm apps. Which has now been implemented in today's build. The only thing that does not currently work is Face lock because this does not have a x86 version and arm one does not work.
    Mine just in case
    8/16 Build is in the op

Google Search 4.9.22.19.x86 --> 5.1.17.19.x86
    Google play services 7.8.95 --> 7.8.99