Search This thread

Vancer

Mar 19, 2008
Thanks for the reply on that Haus ...

Next question,
Just for clarification... Mik's kernel doesn't have the Wireless N fix? Or they both do and you just posted them both?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

newtonetienne

Aug 6, 2010
question: after you flash the kernel (with 802.11n enabled), are we suppose to now see 802.11 b/g/n in Settings > About Phone > Hardware Information?

I flashed the kernel but still only see 802.11 b/g

cmonsterf50

Jan 26, 2011
Oregon
Extras
Standalone Kernel Zips:
Kernel - HTC#1 and18-2 (may04) w/ Wireless N Enabled - Thanks Chuckhriczko for the post on fixing wireless N
Kernel - HTC#1 and18-2 (may04) - Thanks Aamikam

Just an FYI, I'm sure this has been mentioned, but doesn't appear to have been fixed.

The download for the Wireless N Kernel doesn't download as a ZIP file, it doesn't have a file extension assigned to it. In order to flash, you'll need to add the ".zip" to the file name.

cmonsterf50

Jan 26, 2011
Oregon
question: after you flash the kernel (with 802.11n enabled), are we suppose to now see 802.11 b/g/n in Settings > About Phone > Hardware Information?

I flashed the kernel but still only see 802.11 b/g

This information is from dottat on themikmik.com forum.

"Now for the cosmetic change to match. Open root explorer and go to the /system directory. Mount as r/w and open Build.prop in text editor. Find the line that lists the wifi details (currently will show b/g). Edit that line to show b/g/n and save. Reboot phone.. enjoy!"

It's about 2/3 of the way down. It says:

# Following property will be reference by Settings.
ro.product.processor = 1GHz
ro.product.ram = 512MB
ro.product.display_resolution = 4.3 inch WVGA resolution
ro.product.main_camera = 8M
ro.product.front_camera = 1.3M
ro.product.bluetooth = 2.1 + EDR
ro.product.wifi = 802.11 b/g

Reactions: jagxj220

cmonsterf50

Jan 26, 2011
Oregon
Thanks for the reply on that Haus ...

Next question,
Just for clarification... Mik's kernel doesn't have the Wireless N fix? Or they both do and you just posted them both?

Mik's Kernel is extracted from the GB OTA. The new kernel disabled the wireless N feature. So no it doesn't fix it.

However, his new update ... available here ... does have the new kernel and wireless N fixed.

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida
Just an FYI, I'm sure this has been mentioned, but doesn't appear to have been fixed.

The download for the Wireless N Kernel doesn't download as a ZIP file, it doesn't have a file extension assigned to it. In order to flash, you'll need to add the ".zip" to the file name.

It looks like the direct download link cuts off the rest of the file name but the other mirrors appear to have the full one. The quickest for me is usually megaupload so I mostly stick with that one.

cmonsterf50

Jan 26, 2011
Oregon
Haus,

Are u planning to or do you know of any devs planning on using this as a base and making some custom roms with Sense 2.1 and/or 3.0 elements? I have tried all the diff speedy ports but something in all of them breaks my Golf Logix app :( which I use every week weather permitting. I know for sure it's not GB that breaks it because it works on this stock odex rooted version of yours... but the 2.1/3.0 stuff in the speedy ports is so cool it's hard to go back to 1.0

Do you have any idea or thoughts on why the Golf Logix app would work on this odex rom but not the speedy ports? ... something in build.prop maybe??

\

I saw Haus replied back about the Golf program, but not the Sense Elements. If you're looking for a GB Rom with the newer Sense integration; you should check out MikGinger. You can find info here

DarthBelan

May 18, 2011
Western Maryland
I have been in the rom since it came out as well. Other than netflix, the only other issue I've found is that the compass doesn't work in various apps such as maps, etc. Can you confirm that that is working in your setup? The only thing I haven't tested is Bluetooth. Other than netflix and compass, everything is working well for me. 4G works like a charm and battery life is improved.

I downloaded a compass from the Market, and I can confirm that the compass does not work for me. The needle always points between 317-325 degrees no matter where I turn.

sand1303

Dec 22, 2007
Mine hasn't changed as far as I can tell. What is the difference u are seeing?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

newtonetienne

Aug 6, 2010
App drawer stays open

Previously i was running stock rooted Sense rom

Ive flashed the odexed rom and all went well.

ive noticed now that when i open an app from app drawer, when i click "back" to exit out of the app, the app drawer is still open. Before i flashed this rom, the behavior was, click "back" to exit out of app and i would return to home screen (because app drawer was automatically closed).

Has anyone else experienced this?
If so, does anyone have a solution to go back to the previous behavior?

(note: i dont accept "hit home instead of back to exit out of app" as an acceptable solution).

Please advise. Thank you.

in case it helps...
I have no other launch installed (no LauncherPro, and no AWD Launcher)
I still have stock sense launcher

Vancer

Mar 19, 2008
\

I saw Haus replied back about the Golf program, but not the Sense Elements. If you're looking for a GB Rom with the newer Sense integration; you should check out MikGinger. You can find info here

Thanks but I have run MikG starting from v0.5 thru v1.02 ... also, OMJ, Leo's and MisFit's ... all of which are based off MisFit's speedy port and all of them have the same behavior w/reference to the Golf Logix app ... they all kill the data and cell svc immediately when the app is run which made me think it was a GB thing but contacted the the dev and they said it was good to go for GB ... turns out they were right because it works flawlessly on this stock rom so there is something in the speedy ports that is not playing nice with the app ... Hence why I'm hoping somebody takes this as a base and adds some 2.1/3.0 elements to it

randomxda

Dec 4, 2010
Previously i was running stock rooted Sense rom

ive noticed now that when i open an app from app drawer, when i click "back" to exit out of the app, the app drawer is still open. Before i flashed this rom, the behavior was, click "back" to exit out of app and i would return to home screen (because app drawer was automatically closed).

Has anyone else experienced this?
If so, does anyone have a solution to go back to the previous behavior?

I have the same thing. However, a quick test with Launcher Pro and it does NOT do this

reekotubbs

Nov 17, 2008
I have a question regarding the version info. The OP's initial post shows a screen shot with version 4.22.651.1, since the update on 6/5/11 has any one who installed the new release seen the version number change to 4.22.651.2 like the title suggests.
Also, are the issues with the Netflix, compass, app drawer and the camera from the official rom (6/3/11) issues or are they just issues with conversion to odexed and deodexed version created by OP.

pmoreau

Aug 15, 2007
Rocklin, CA
www.moreaus.us
It appears that the compass issue is a Google problem where the driver as some code errors. Many phones from many manufacturers are expierienceing this problem. I saw one site where there was a fixed driver but I have no idea how to patch my EVO.

Reactions: DCBC

bobonit

Mar 3, 2007
Lake Worth
I have a question regarding the version info. The OP's initial post shows a screen shot with version 4.22.651.1, since the update on 6/5/11 has any one who installed the new release seen the version number change to 4.22.651.2 like the title suggests.
Also, are the issues with the Netflix, compass, app drawer and the camera from the official rom (6/3/11) issues or are they just issues with conversion to odexed and deodexed version created by OP.

Mine shows 4.22.651.2

picture.php

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In order to cut down on the confusion I created a new thread for the latest update. Version 4.24.651.1 can be found here.

Stock 4.22.651.2 ROM, rooted and ready for your flashing pleasures. This is a completely stock ROM that has had nothing done to it outside of rooting, zip aligning and de-odexing. As always, create a nandroid before flashing.

Notes:
    -The Firmware (Radio, WiMAX and PRI) can be flashed by renaming the file to PC36IMG, placing it in the base folder of your sd card and then turning the phone on while holding volume down.
    -Odexed means faster first boot and smaller memory footprint but is not themable, de-odexed means a long first boot and slightly larger memory footprint but can be themed.

Stock Update
    Stock ROM with SU Fix - No Wipe Needed If Coming From A Stock Sense ROM:

4.22.651.2 Rooted & Odexed - updated 06/05/11
    4.22.651.2 Rooted & De-Odexed - updated 06/05/11

Firmware:
    Must be flashed through hBoot/Fastboot! Not Recovery.
    PC36IMG - Radio, WiMAX and PRI Updates (MD5: 2E5C63EA59891A69F6D55C257CF165D5)

Extras
    Standalone Kernel Zips:
    Kernel - HTC#1 and18-2 (may04) w/ Wireless N Enabled - Thanks Chuckhriczko for the post on fixing wireless N
    Kernel - HTC#1 and18-2 (may04) - Thanks Aamikam

Mods & Fixes:
    Flashable Super User Fix - Thanks to DrMacinyasha and ChainsDD
    4.22.651.2 Wipe - Can be used when flashing between some ROMs so data does not need wiped
    Unlocked WiFI Hotspot - Thanks to noimjosh
    1% Battery Icons and Clear Notification Background - Thanks Martijua
    Remove USB Debugging Notification - Thanks Martijua

Thanks To:
    zone23 for uploading the OTA update
    Mirrors are thanks to bjaxon
    Aamikam for the kernel zip
    Chuckhriczko for info about Wireless N
    Noimjosh for wireless hotspot fix
    Martijua for the Battery % and USB Debugging mods
    Everything below is from the previously leaked test ROM, not the update that just came out.

These are flashable copies of the rooted stock 4.12.651.1 ROM for the Evo. The only things that have been changed from the leak is the boot.img has been unlocked and SU & busybox have been added. You can find the partition folders these were made from in the original thread here.

Screen filter from the market can be used to adjust brightness for those with novatek panels. (Thank you to whoever posted about that first, sorry but I didn't catch who that was)

If you are already using a Sense ROM you should be ok wiping the dalvik-cache and flashing over top of it. Otherwise you will need to wipe your Data partition.

ROM only without the Radio

Stock 4.12.651.1 odexed (MD5 19752F454802D44EAAF22C0276E95F67)
    Stock 4.12.651.1 de-odexed (MD5 EB1301A4E34EC48C7526C3ED1D221867)

Standalone Radio PC36IMG (must be flashed through the hBoot/fastboot)
    Evo Radio Version 2.15.00.04.08 (MD5 1ECE6F6BC355AFB721BA7264F82DD1E7)
    As always, flash with caution and remember that you are the only one responsible for what you do to your phone.

Camera Fix for 720p Video FC

GBCameraFix.zip, mirrors

Thanks go to
    HTC for the ROM
    Sniper911 for posting the ROM
    wdfowty for the original thread
    here is a working zip with the kernel.... it dont have the ramdisk... its the lib files and the zimage... so it wont mess with your current rom boot sequence.

i posted it HERE

yes... wifi/4g works... have fun.

or... just Download it.
    Ok,I figured why I had error in apk tool when added battery %.Problem was in my icons.I had to use a layer based on original icon.
    Here is a 1% and 33 battery charging (animation) icons ported from win mo Tsowen taskbar.
    I also added anim.xmls from CM ROM (when you tap on world clock or back hardware key or dialer) it will make kinda zoom in&out effect similar to Launcher Pro
    I hate porting icons lol

Added my fave options panel.It will draw apps menu ("menu" hardware key) from center buttom to the sides and up
    Attached flashable zip.
    Thanks to Myn and Riptide :)
    My work around for getting into recovery was to install Rom manager, it has no other use to me with anon ra recovery, but it does let me get there without battery pulls or any other gayness.

Menu>settings>applications. Then disable the fastboot option. Then you can power off and get to recovery as normal. When fastboot is enabled, the phone doesn't really shut off. That's why you can't get to recovery without a battery pull.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App