[KERNEL] GALAXIAN [344MB][JVU][Voodoo Sound][EXT4][BLN][COLOR]

Search This thread

Lukiqq

Jul 19, 2007
Lubań
Asus Zenfone 9
Galaxian_logo.png

Galaxian kernel was made to improve your Galaxy S usage experience.
If you are looking for fast and stable kernel, this one is for you!

beznazwy3m.jpg

img_question_mark.jpg
Why Galaxian?

• Based on latest source from Samsung Open Source Release Center and always latest initramfs
  • 344MB RAM memory without side effects like loosing HD capabilities
  • EXT4 and RFS support with autodetection
  • ClockWorkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5
  • Ondemand governor with tweaked up/down scaling
  • Voodoo Sound v10
  • Slightly increased charging current limits for both AC and USB charging modes
  • Improved touch sensitivity
  • Front camera is working (no snapshot when recording support)
  • Video calls are working
  • Modules compiled with -O2 flags
  • LZMA kernel compression, GZIP initramfs compression
  • Low Memory Killer levels are just perfect
  • Unbelivable colors and sharpness
  • Brightness levels are now fixed (no more red tint on each)
  • Fixed MDNIE profiles (outdoor mode can now work together with selected color temperature).
  • Light sensor driver fine tuned
  • WiFi driver buffer is now bigger
  • New jpeg compression mode from Galaxy TAB
  • Read A Head parameter increased to 512KB
  • BLN support
  • Optimized compile flags
  • CPU clock speed switch is now faster
  • Custom bootanimations support! just name yours as sanim.zip and place in /system/media/
  • Minor tweaks

img_question_mark.jpg
Where to get it?

Click here!

img_question_mark.jpg
How to apply?

Please use Odin and choose Galaxian....tar in PDA section (without pit file, repartition or bootloader update!)

img_question_mark.jpg
Want to convert your RFS -> EXT4?

There are two simple ways to do that:

img_question_mark.jpg
Any sources?

Click here!

thanksa.jpg

I would like to say thank you to everyone
who helped me with this project!

*Logo is a trademark of NAMCO BANDAI.

Last edited:

reneimas

Sep 30, 2009
Peterborough
No, sorry, I've tried voodoo colors and I'm not happy how it performs. Check this version, I've applied Speedmod color fix with my own changes, all is sharp and vivid.
I am using your kernel right now. The colours are not bad but still wish i could control the contrast through the voodoo app. :) P.s does this kernel automatically converts everything to EXT4 or is it manual because weirdly i get really rubbish quadrants scores on [F1 Galaxy S2 V3.1] rom :/

Last edited:

lpy

Aug 12, 2010
Nice.

Couple of things to note, OC WILL freeze on some phones, including mine... every phone is different.

Ondemand sample rate of 40000 may cause music to stutter and will need to be raised to something like 60000+.

Nice work though.

Lukiqq

Jul 19, 2007
Lubań
Asus Zenfone 9
Nice.

Couple of things to note, OC WILL freeze on some phones, including mine... every phone is different.

Ondemand sample rate of 40000 may cause music to stutter and will need to be raised to something like 60000+.

Nice work though.

Thank you! I've tested it on 3 phones and didn't noticed any problems with OC, but you have right, things may happen. If so, tell me, I'll tune some voltage values.

Reactions: bududroid

Lukiqq

Jul 19, 2007
Lubań
Asus Zenfone 9
I am using your kernel right now. The colours are not bad but still wish i could control the contrast through the voodoo app. :) P.s does this kernel automatically converts everything to EXT4 or is it manual because weirdly i get really rubbish quadrants scores on [F1 Galaxy S2 V3.1] rom :/

Read carefully 1st post :) There is something about EXT4, even attached apk to do so.

Reactions: bududroid

lpy

Aug 12, 2010
Thank you! I've tested it on 3 phones and didn't noticed any problems with OC, but you have right, things may happen. If so, tell me, I'll tune some voltage values.

Unfortunately, raising/tuning voltages can sometimes make things more unstable. Some CPU's simply can't handle it no matter what you do. That's just my experience though, we'll see how it goes for others.

bududroid

Nov 4, 2010
Tangerang
the spica master from samdroid.net come back to here ..hhe..
i'll test your kernel.. ;)
Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Galaxian_logo.png

Galaxian kernel was made to improve your Galaxy S usage experience.
    If you are looking for fast and stable kernel, this one is for you!

beznazwy3m.jpg

img_question_mark.jpg
    Why Galaxian?

• Based on latest source from Samsung Open Source Release Center and always latest initramfs
    • 344MB RAM memory without side effects like loosing HD capabilities
    • EXT4 and RFS support with autodetection
    • ClockWorkMod Recovery v3.0.0.5
    • Ondemand governor with tweaked up/down scaling
    • Voodoo Sound v10
    • Slightly increased charging current limits for both AC and USB charging modes
    • Improved touch sensitivity
    • Front camera is working (no snapshot when recording support)
    • Video calls are working
    • Modules compiled with -O2 flags
    • LZMA kernel compression, GZIP initramfs compression
    • Low Memory Killer levels are just perfect
    • Unbelivable colors and sharpness
    • Brightness levels are now fixed (no more red tint on each)
    • Fixed MDNIE profiles (outdoor mode can now work together with selected color temperature).
    • Light sensor driver fine tuned
    • WiFi driver buffer is now bigger
    • New jpeg compression mode from Galaxy TAB
    • Read A Head parameter increased to 512KB
    • BLN support
    • Optimized compile flags
    • CPU clock speed switch is now faster
    • Custom bootanimations support! just name yours as sanim.zip and place in /system/media/
    • Minor tweaks

img_question_mark.jpg
    Where to get it?

Click here!

img_question_mark.jpg
    How to apply?

Please use Odin and choose Galaxian....tar in PDA section (without pit file, repartition or bootloader update!)

img_question_mark.jpg
    Want to convert your RFS -> EXT4?

There are two simple ways to do that:

img_question_mark.jpg
    Any sources?

Click here!

thanksa.jpg

I would like to say thank you to everyone
    who helped me with this project!

*Logo is a trademark of NAMCO BANDAI.
    Most recent update (V3):

DOWNLOAD HERE!

- fixed video calls (bad front camera driver used)
    - 344MB of RAM without loosing video calls and hd recording capability
    - slightly brighter overall image
    - reduced red tint on low brightness setting
    - about 5% quieter built in internal speaker to prevent of distortions at max. power

update.jpg
    Last version of GalaxianEE is now ready and will be uploaded soon. USB tethering problems (disconections) has been fixed. Also voltage table of the CPU, OLED, RAM has beed adjusted for energy saving purposes. Last version is stable as stock kernel is. GT version will be uploaded probably today. Galaxian project will be suspended for some time because of personal reasons.

EDIT:

GalaxianEE is now ready, look @1st post.
    Sad, just sad. There is no one here who personally knows me, you don't know my education progress and occupation so I can stay calm because you throwing things which are simply not belongs to my person :) Maybe I'm not programmer, I do not work for Samsung or any big company but I know some things and you can't call my product like a "mix" from other great devs work, because that is what you used to call GPL. Do you know what GPL stands for? It was made to help people by giving them sources of already made things to avoid them doing the same thing twice when it is already done. So every kernel here is like a "mix" of the best involved things till now. I do not force anyone to use Galaxian, if you think it may be harmful for some other devices and you can prove it - which is very important, simply post it here and explain without flaming. Some of you are still in middleage where by announce of something new/sometimes revolutionary you could be killed. And you are "trying to save lifes" here? I expects medics or firefighters to save my life, not you. Im out of words now, and just sad. Probably working idea of porting SGS2 framebuffer driver which eliminates irritating 1px green line on the top-left side of the screen is also "mad and could be potencially dangerous", ehh.
    New version is here.