BestSkinzEver (full body)

Based on my thread, what do you think?

• Definatly will buy this

Votes: 53 31.9%
  • Looks good, i 'might' buy this

Votes: 47 28.3%
  • Interested, but installation looks difficult

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Im not interested, but understand the appeal.

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • its not for me, i wont buy it

Votes: 14 8.4%
  • Hate it!

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
I find wet application protectors much easier to apply than dry ones, and they certainly stick down better.

You just need to not be afraid to wet your phone a bit.

I use one single drop of fairy liquid in a pint glass of warm water to create my solution, and I keep rinsing out the glass until all the white frothy bubbles have gone.

I make sure both hands of mine (especially my finger tips) are soaking wet before touching the protector.

Remove the protector from its backing,
I then soak my protector in the pint glass for 30 seconds.

Clean the phone as best as you can, (take your time) removing all dust and fluff.

Then remove the soaked protector from the glass, and allowing some excess water to drip from the protector.

And apply to the screen, checking even gaps from top, bottom and sides.

If you don't align proper first time, pull it off gently (so you don't stretch it) and re-soak in the glass.

Once it's aligned and your happy with its position, use a card (bank card, store card etc) and gently push out the water from the centre outwards.

... Don't not push hard on the protector with your card, it can create dents. (sideways gliding across the screen)

Once you have got most of the water out, remove excess water from the phone with a cloth (you can do this as you get the water out from underneath the protector)

Ok, once most of the water has gone, your protector will have some bubbles, and will look like crap, it will have have a dirty look - don't worry.

Hair dryer helps, but I tend to keep running GL Benchmark on all tests, it heats the screen up and drys the protector el-natural. Lol

Try to use the phone very little for at least an evening, and keep running the benchmarks.

And just allow it to stand, dry and cure itself to perfection (can take a few days, or as little as an evening)

.... That's my methods and have been for years.

If you get a bit of fluff under the protector, it's tough luck - I don't recommend AT ALL trying to remove it, it's near damn impossible as these protectors are seriously sticky.

Removal of protectors is really quite easy, lift a corner and keep pulling. lol - I've yet to try one that leaves residue.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Fancy coming over and fitting mine once it arrives? Only going for a screen one as I have a case

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Fancy coming over and fitting mine once it arrives? Only going for a screen one as I have a case

Lol follow my guide & you'll be Alreet.

Clean phone thoroughly (take your time)
Wet fingers at all times when touching protector
Peel off backing
Soak completely in home made solution
Apply & check even gap space
Use card from the centre outwards (only glide the card and try to push all bubbles to the edge so they vanish)
Remove water when it comes out of the sides

It will look a mess after application, just don't panic and don't over use the card because of how it looks.
Let it stand, run a ton of GL benchmarks & a bit of hairdryer use aswell if you have one.

Let it stand, be patient and wait.

... Make sure phone is off is obvious.

:)

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Lol follow my guide & you'll be Alreet.

Clean phone thoroughly (take your time)
Wet fingers at all times when touching protector
Peel off backing
Soak completely in home made solution
Apply & check even gap space
Use card from the centre outwards (only glide the card and try to push all bubbles to the edge so they vanish)
Remove water when it comes out of the sides

It will look a mess after application, just don't panic and don't over use the card because of how it looks.
Let it stand, run a ton of GL benchmarks & a bit of hairdryer use aswell if you have one.

Let it stand, be patient and wait.

... Make sure phone is off is obvious.

:)

What's best to clean the screen, just a decent cloth? I can get it to have no dust but obviously then need to act fast to get the SP on before any more can land! I'm sure I'll be OK once I get my head round getting the phone wet!

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
What's best to clean the screen, just a decent cloth? I can get it to have no dust but obviously then need to act fast to get the SP on before any more can land! I'm sure I'll be OK once I get my head round getting the phone wet!

Yeah, it's quite simple - the protector is soaking whilst you clean the phone, so no need to worry about acting fast.

I just use a decent microfiber cloth, I use the one that came with my glasses. Lol

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Yeah, it's quite simple - the protector is soaking whilst you clean the phone, so no need to worry about acting fast.

I just use a decent microfiber cloth, I use the one that came with my glasses. Lol

I got one with my Ray Ban's so will use that...thanks!

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
I got one with my Ray Ban's so will use that...thanks!

Good luck, I know it can be daunting for your first ever wet application screen protector.

I've been doing them for years, probably applied 20+

Let us know how you get on, once its cured a few days. :)

I'm certain you will never go back to dry protectors, even if you don't do a perfect job - look at the photos of the dry screen protectors and yours will still be 10x better.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

crazy88

Jun 18, 2009
Yorkshire
I think I need to get me a wet screen protector, but as above it seems so alien to use water with my beautiful phone :)

Think i'm going to go order a best skin. I currently use a leather pouch thingy for when I travel to work as I just throw it in my bag, but through the day I prefer not to use the pouch. I have a dry screen protector on at the moment, and while it's the best i've ever personally done there's still one spec of dust and it's already peeling at the edges.

I do have one question though, when you make your solution. Do you get a pint glass of warm water, add 1 drop of fairy liquid and then keep swilling it out until it;s not bubbly? I'm not 100% sure I understand that instruction :) Thanks in advance.

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
I think I need to get me a wet screen protector, but as above it seems so alien to use water with my beautiful phone :)

Think i'm going to go order a best skin. I currently use a leather pouch thingy for when I travel to work as I just throw it in my bag, but through the day I prefer not to use the pouch. I have a dry screen protector on at the moment, and while it's the best i've ever personally done there's still one spec of dust and it's already peeling at the edges.

I do have one question though, when you make your solution. Do you get a pint glass of warm water, add 1 drop of fairy liquid and then keep swilling it out until it;s not bubbly? I'm not 100% sure I understand that instruction :) Thanks in advance.

My solution method is:

Grab pint glass
Put one 'tiny' drop of washing up liquid in glass
Rinse glass until all bubbles have gone, leaving warm water in glass

It will look like all washing up liquid is gone, but its not. :)

The odd spec of dust can happen, it doesn't bother me that much (although I did my own screen pretty much perfect :) ) - but peeling and non-stuck parts really pee me off. - if done right, you shouldn't ever get these with wet screen protectors.

Reactions: JuanArg

crazy88

Jun 18, 2009
Yorkshire
Well I just ordered one, and an iPhone cover for the wifes phone too. :) I'll let you know how I get on with them. Thanks for clarifying the pint glass step!

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Mine has arrived, a lot more substantial then I was expecting in terms of weight - gives me confidence that it'll be good.

Gonna do it on the weekend as I want to give myself time to get my head around it all

alvtminghui

Jun 13, 2012
Melbourne
Wow everything looks so perfect on your HOX. Seems like it would take hours of dedicated effort to be able to put the skin on.

However just asking, can skins like this fully replace a case in terms of protection?

Also, does the phone become easier to grip on compared to a naked one which is slight slipper thanks to the polycarbonate back.

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Wow everything looks so perfect on your HOX. Seems like it would take hours of dedicated effort to be able to put the skin on.

However just asking, can skins like this fully replace a case in terms of protection?

Also, does the phone become easier to grip on compared to a naked one which is slight slipper thanks to the polycarbonate back.

Yes it does replace cases, and yes it's a bit easier to hold. - there is definitely some extra grip.

Once you have used a card to get most of the water out, (always from the centre outwards) you just have to be patient and leave it alone. - it will not be perfect after application.

Concentrate mainly on alignment, leaving the same gap size on all sides.

Use a card by gliding it across your protector, do not push too hard, it will leave dents (certainly don't use the corner of the card)

Then it's a waiting game, I constantly run GL Benchmark to heat up my screen - seems to cure much faster.

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
Mine has arrived, a lot more substantial then I was expecting in terms of weight - gives me confidence that it'll be good.

Gonna do it on the weekend as I want to give myself time to get my head around it all

I wish you the best, the first time with wet protectors is never nice, can even be stressful.

Follow my advice throughout this thread, and you should be OK - best of luck.

Reactions: EddyOS

nis-gens

Feb 4, 2012
How long did it take for you guys to receive it?
I live in The Netherlands ordered it on: 3 June
It got send on the 6th of June, after sending them en e-mail why my order wasn't being shipped out.
And now it's the 20th of June and still haven't received it. :( (10 business day have passed since 6 June)

jermx

Oct 10, 2009
Use scotch tape to remove dust! Some dust actually sticks on your microfibre cloth, rendering it useless! Scotch tape is more efficient. Clean one time with the cloth and use scotchtape then quickly start the application.

Northantrim

Oct 17, 2010
Well, gonna go for it. Ordering a total body one now :D

Edit:

Your photos also show off the phone's brilliant screen viewing angles too :p - Looks like the screen in printed on in some images!

I'll take some photos when it arrives, and after installation :)

Edit 2: do you have the body only one or the full body one (with screen too)? Also, I notice they sell versions for the LTE and GSM versions of the phone, are they actually a different shape? :confused:

Edit 3: Bought!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

I'm a sucka for trying different things,

Here's the pics:

02797009-25d6-8516.jpg

02797009-25e7-3083.jpg

02797009-2603-1464.jpg

02797009-2611-a419.jpg

02797009-2621-4902.jpg

02797009-2631-1eaf.jpg

02797009-2643-1c9f.jpg

02797009-2651-6f02.jpg

02797009-2684-a1fb.jpg

02797009-269e-3eb1.jpg

02797009-26a9-3801.jpg

02797009-26b4-b786.jpg

02797009-26c0-71a3.jpg

02797009-26cb-7c31.jpg

02797009-26d8-cfbf.jpg

02797009-26e4-3b3b.jpg

02797009-26f0-d437.jpg

02797009-26ff-4198.jpg

02797009-270e-cdb0.jpg

02797009-271c-6b68.jpg

02797009-2729-3a6e.jpg

02797009-2733-caec.jpg

02797009-2741-58db.jpg

The camera lens & it's metal rim are both protected by the skin.

Here are some photos taken after the application of BSE:

02797009-2c68-271a.jpg

02797009-2c7f-620c.jpg

02797009-2c93-e16a.jpg

All photos in my thread are un-edited, you either like the results or don't, but hope you guys appreciate the photos.

If your interested in purchasing, here is the link: http://www.bestskinsever.com/htc-one-x-skin

--------------------------

here is a video after 3 weeks. :D

its holding out very well, no bubbles, marks, scratches or dents.

& here are some 'after 3 weeks photo's

b0fd9a2f-d0cd-e63b.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d0da-9df8.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d0e5-f640.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d0f1-ae34.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d0fc-6ebb.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d5e7-6c5e.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d5f2-3db3.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d5fd-6766.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d608-7603.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d613-308d.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d620-0a7c.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d62b-3c80.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d636-7b9c.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d641-a11e.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d64c-bf20.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d657-0efa.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d662-6d40.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d66c-bd6d.jpg

b0fd9a2f-d679-3397.jpg

How does it actually apply?

Did you buy from there or anywhere in the UK selling them?

It applys very well, its extremely sticky - even when soaked. (More so than others I've tested for other phones such as zagg, phantomskinz, bodyguardz and skinomi)

The skins are not tacky on the non-adhesive side, and only a small amount of orange peel effect are visible.

I'm definately keeping this one on for a while.

Screen quality is awesome, colours are vivid & still pop.

Fitting is great, it can't be faulted.

Tip - regarding the large back piece, start with the speaker grill and pogo pins (not the camera and flash) - once they are aligned- the rest will fit into place nicely.

During installation, I received only bubbles after installation on the screen only, the back, sides top & bottom surprisingly didn't produce any bubbles which I was grateful for.

All bubbles from screen vanished after 3days.

It adds a nice some extra grip as expected, but is not tacky.

The screen does produce some finger smudges as does most film-screen protectors, but does Not produce the rainbow effect which is usually visible after sweaty fingers use the white-background browser. - these smudges are easily wipe-free.

I really like the back-piece, I think it looks stunning.

Word of warning, even if your phone looks clean before installation, if you own the white HOX - it might not be once you apply the protector. LoL

I do have a 3 'minute' bits of fluff under the back of the phone, but unless you know they are there - nobody would notice them. - its no more or less than what you get on the phone without any protector on, so this doesn't bother me - that's the problem with white phones, they show things. LOL

And.... these things are damn cheap to buy, I've never used them before but always will in the future - great quality at a much lesser price. The skins come with no extras, no squeegee, no solution, no box or instructions - this keeps the cost low.

Hope that helps.
    Never heard of these before, but I like the look of them!

Do you know how hard it is to remove from the phone, and if it leaves any residue on it, and is it hard to apply? I can hardly apply a screen protector without having to remove it and place it again because I think it's not applied straight! I'm currently using a cheap case I got for about £2.50 from eBay, but I plan to buy a ProPorta one is they make a nice leather one for the One X (I had a nice leather one from them on my Desire HD).

I find wet application protectors much easier to apply than dry ones, and they certainly stick down better.

You just need to not be afraid to wet your phone a bit.

I use one single drop of fairy liquid in a pint glass of warm water to create my solution, and I keep rinsing out the glass until all the white frothy bubbles have gone.

I make sure both hands of mine (especially my finger tips) are soaking wet before touching the protector.

Remove the protector from its backing,
    I then soak my protector in the pint glass for 30 seconds.

Clean the phone as best as you can, (take your time) removing all dust and fluff.

Then remove the soaked protector from the glass, and allowing some excess water to drip from the protector.

And apply to the screen, checking even gaps from top, bottom and sides.

If you don't align proper first time, pull it off gently (so you don't stretch it) and re-soak in the glass.

Once it's aligned and your happy with its position, use a card (bank card, store card etc) and gently push out the water from the centre outwards.

... Don't not push hard on the protector with your card, it can create dents. (sideways gliding across the screen)

Once you have got most of the water out, remove excess water from the phone with a cloth (you can do this as you get the water out from underneath the protector)

Ok, once most of the water has gone, your protector will have some bubbles, and will look like crap, it will have have a dirty look - don't worry.

Hair dryer helps, but I tend to keep running GL Benchmark on all tests, it heats the screen up and drys the protector el-natural. Lol

Try to use the phone very little for at least an evening, and keep running the benchmarks.

And just allow it to stand, dry and cure itself to perfection (can take a few days, or as little as an evening)

.... That's my methods and have been for years.

If you get a bit of fluff under the protector, it's tough luck - I don't recommend AT ALL trying to remove it, it's near damn impossible as these protectors are seriously sticky.

Removal of protectors is really quite easy, lift a corner and keep pulling. lol - I've yet to try one that leaves residue.

F-f-f-four hours?!

I think my patience will be tested too.. :crying:

I've applied many wet protectors over the years, took around an hour for me to get it how I wanted. (But it still tests my patience too, they always do - as imperfections are not acceptable for me)

Screen became 99% cured after the first evening.

The screen only takes a few minutes to apply and get most of the water out - around 5-10.

I guess most people will just go for the screen-only protection, and application of this part is pretty darn quick, don't overuse a card to get the water out, and certainly down push the card hard on the protector, just glide it across from the centre outwards. - you won't get all imperfections such as bubbles out with the card anyway - those vanish with heat and time.

Back piece took me up to half an hour, due to allowing the corners to dry a bit so they became more tacky to stick down (pushing the phone corner into your palm helps dramatically, but the corners won't stick immediately, they need to dry a bit before they become more sticky) , alignment is very easy though due to the big camera, flash hole, and pogo pins - align these 3 obvious features of the back, and the rest just all fits into place, as long as you don't stretch the skin.

The sides (left and right) can be tricky, best if you can get someone to hold the phone for you till you at least get it in place - the sides dont need any squeegee card action - wetter the better, so they slide into the position you want.

Top and bottom was pretty straight forward for me.

Whoever is still wondering what's the best screen protector for hox look no more. Tried pretty much all of them. But this is by far the best. It looks and feels like I don't have any protection at all, that's how great bestskinsever is. I ordered complete body skin but only applied screen protector as of now. Not sure if I want it all over the phone.
    The application was way easier than it sounded at first. That was my first application of wet screen protector. Application went perfectly well, after putting it on I had only one bubble which dissapeared about two hours later. The hardest part for me was alligning it :)
    Could not be any happier with this product. Thanks all member in this thread who convinced me by getting this.
    Cheers

Sent from my HTC One X