[Q] How to enable some features with S-Pen ?

Search This thread

Khashayar jan

Apr 16, 2010
Hi
I recently bought a Galaxy Note 10.1
I saw some videos that people pressed the button on the s-pen and then draw on the screen and then it would capture the picture inside that drawing and they could import that into s note or message or email or ... . I googled it and unfortunately I didn't find anything . Does anyone know how to enable that feature ? does it require a software or something ?
also I saw some other clips that people would draw a circle around a day in s planner and write Mike's Birthday , and the app would detect that and add an event that the day is birthday . I can't do that either !
there is one more thing . in S-Note when I press the button on S-Pen , it doesn't toggle between pen and eraser . how can I enable that ?

thanks ( in advance ) for your answer
( sorry for bad english )

ldcn

Feb 25, 2011
Hi
I recently bought a Galaxy Note 10.1
I saw some videos that people pressed the button on the s-pen and then draw on the screen and then it would capture the picture inside that drawing and they could import that into s note or message or email or ... . I googled it and unfortunately I didn't find anything . Does anyone know how to enable that feature ? does it require a software or something ?
also I saw some other clips that people would draw a circle around a day in s planner and write Mike's Birthday , and the app would detect that and add an event that the day is birthday . I can't do that either !
there is one more thing . in S-Note when I press the button on S-Pen , it doesn't toggle between pen and eraser . how can I enable that ?

thanks ( in advance ) for your answer
( sorry for bad english )

You click on the button and then you push on the screen (long push). You will capture the screen.

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Push button and double tap screen opens floating note...
Download the note 10.1 users digest from the app store - free - and it explains a few features to you for ICS 4.0.4...

Last edited:

bert269

Jul 17, 2007
GB
meettomy.site
Same issue....S-pen screen selection does not work.

I had the Note 10.1 (N8013) for about 3months now. I bought one for my partner for Christmas and when we try to select a portion of the screen with the S-Pen, it does not work. (full screen capture works fine - but we need partial selection)
The new device are on 4.0.4 (it was ALGB and got an update to ALI3) a couple of hours back, but still we cannot do a selective screen capture.
The double-tap with the button pushed, brings up the SNote mini-app.
Press and hold, dragging from top to bottom, brings up the menu for that particular app
The Press-button and hold on screen, captures the whole screen - but we need the partial-selection on the screen to work.

What are we missing?
My device is working fine. I have rooted mine (a few minutes after I got it, three months ago and in the mean time upgraded to JB (4.1.2) and can for the life of me not remember if it was a feature of later versions than ALI3 that introduced this selective screen capture?

Any help?
Thanks

cyberhat

Dec 27, 2012
Partial Screenshot advice

I had the Note 10.1 (N8013) for about 3months now. I bought one for my partner for Christmas and when we try to select a portion of the screen with the S-Pen, it does not work. (full screen capture works fine - but we need partial selection)
The new device are on 4.0.4 (it was ALGB and got an update to ALI3) a couple of hours back, but still we cannot do a selective screen capture.
The double-tap with the button pushed, brings up the SNote mini-app.
Press and hold, dragging from top to bottom, brings up the menu for that particular app
The Press-button and hold on screen, captures the whole screen - but we need the partial-selection on the screen to work.

What are we missing?
My device is working fine. I have rooted mine (a few minutes after I got it, three months ago and in the mean time upgraded to JB (4.1.2) and can for the life of me not remember if it was a feature of later versions than ALI3 that introduced this selective screen capture?

Any help?
Thanks

Hi Bert!

I also have the 8013 device and experienced similar problems.

When I first rooted and installed the Jellybean update, the jellybean version was from the international 3g/wifi version when the unofficial update was released. I suspect you may have the same.

When you try a partial screen capture, do those dashed lines still appear? If so, look in your gallery under screenshots( I think). They should be there. Unfortunately, I don't think this version of the jellybean gave you the application prompt at the bottom of the screen when you finished the partial screen capture.

If you haven't already, I would update to the official (4.1.1) jellybean for the German OTA wifi models. You will enjoy all the premium suite benefits you see in the videos.:D