Alert! Note 3 NFC is on the Battery, make sure you use authentic OEM replacements

Search This thread

3kgt

Jan 8, 2010
I love The nfc function. Beside the tags and automation
I use it with external spreakers at home. And my headsets

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

asaqwert

Apr 5, 2011
I love The nfc function. Beside the tags and automation
I use it with external spreakers at home. And my headsets

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

so how does the tag thing work? do you buy tags, then when you get in your truck you just swipe your phone over the tag and it knows to pair with your stereo bluetooth? then you get out and swipe it again and you're bluetooth goes off to save battery? i'm sure nfc is a lot less battery consuming than having bluetooth on all the time

would definetly be nice as hell to be able to just swipe my phone on my truck somewhere, or on my front door to turn on my wifi and turn off mobile data... lots of cool uses, if this is actually how people use it

if so do you just get tags from amazon? or use old debit cards that no longer work? lol or maybe steal the security tags from stores? :p

jollyjones

Aug 8, 2010
I've never used NFC, but I've been wanting to. If you have the tags you can put them all over the place to trigger different things. I don't think you have to swipe the tags, I think you just have to be in the vicinity. I would like to put one in my car, then make it so when I am in my car it automatically goes into hands free mode. I would love to automate everything, and the tags give you more ability to do that.

3kgt

Jan 8, 2010
so how does the tag thing work? do you buy tags, then when you get in your truck you just swipe your phone over the tag and it knows to pair with your stereo bluetooth? then you get out and swipe it again and you're bluetooth goes off to save battery? i'm sure nfc is a lot less battery consuming than having bluetooth on all the time

would definetly be nice as hell to be able to just swipe my phone on my truck somewhere, or on my front door to turn on my wifi and turn off mobile data... lots of cool uses, if this is actually how people use it

if so do you just get tags from amazon? or use old debit cards that no longer work? lol or maybe steal the security tags from stores? :p

The tags works as u said.
I got a tag in my car.. when i touch it it shuts down wifi, and bt on and music player pops upp and car mode etc
and a nother one for sleep, home ..
I even have one for my wifi passwords so when i get guest and if they have nfc so they need to only touch it and wifi pass is fixed.
beside that i love nfc for connecting to speakers.. you just touch it and it dose every thing for u

jsk23

Jun 30, 2010
All of the OEM batteries I saw on eBay were unpackaged, foreign sellers that I didn't trust. Any recommendations? Was hoping to have them on the Samsung site soon as I'm leaning for vacation in 2 weeks and would like a spare.

Last edited:

MANswers

Jul 2, 2013
Chicago, IL
Do people even use NFC? What's it good for? Does anyone use Google Wallet or do any payment things with their phones?

Cant live without NFC. One of the main reasons i switched to samsung. I use it for home automation, such as opening the garage, door locks, turning on off all the lights of the house, triggering events and tasks.

nabeelrazanaqvi

Nov 15, 2010
Rawalpindi
Note 3 SM-N900

NFC
Your device allows you to read near field communication (NFC) tags that contain information
about products. You can also use this feature to make payments and buy tickets for
transportation or events after downloading the required applications.
The battery contains a built-in NFC antenna. Handle the battery carefully to avoid
damaging the NFC antenna.
If the screen is locked, your device will not read NFC tags or receive data.
To activate the NFC feature, on the Applications screen, tap Settings ĺ Connections ĺ NFC.
Drag the NFC switch to the right.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Note 3 Sm-N900
NFC
Your device allows you to read near field communication (NFC) tags that contain information
about products. You can also use this feature to make payments and buy tickets for
The battery contains a built-in NFC antenna. Handle the battery carefully to avoid
To activate the NFC feature, on the Applications screen, tap Settings ĺ Connections ĺ NFC.

---------- Post added at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Alert! Note 3 NFC is on the Battery, make sure you use authentic OEM replacements, else you'll lose the NFC functionality.

Note 3 Sm-N900
NFC

tdamocles

Aug 11, 2009
my wife and I bump photos via NFC all the time. i use an NFC tag to set my phone for car use. every once in a while i see and NFC poster. NFC would replace QR codes so no need to open the bar code scan app. sadly, because apple refuses to adopt NFC, the industry that serves the idevices won't utilize it more. but apple will develop similar if not copied tech, make it proprietary, charge too much, and it will be revolutionary.

Just like finger print scanner. Does the payment function even work for the note3? I would use it if it did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

spiochu

Jun 2, 2007
I bought new battery and didn't know, that NFC antenna is in orginal battery. So after replacement I was surprised that NFC doesn't work. On Aliexpress I found NFC antenna for Galaxy Note 2 for about $1,5, free shiping. It was cheap so I bought it.
Today it come to me and I installed it. I needed to put something under connection dots, so they are little higher and have good connection with phone pins. And it works like a charm.
82540745eba49b95a11f813b751634f9.jpg

94847152f7310cec66629b9876ecaf4f.jpg

I know that this thread is very old but maybe someone will use this information.
And sorry for ma English :)

Wysłane z telefonu

TheRock40359

Oct 11, 2015
Owenton
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I bought new battery and didn't know, that NFC antenna is in orginal battery. So after replacement I was surprised that NFC doesn't work. On Aliexpress I found NFC antenna for Galaxy Note 2 for about $1,5, free shiping. It was cheap so I bought it.
Today it come to me and I installed it. I needed to put something under connection dots, so they are little higher and have good connection with phone pins. And it works like a charm.

I know that this thread is very old but maybe someone will use this information.

Wysłane z telefonu
you used this on your note 3?

SpideySpirit

Dec 22, 2008
Thanks very interesting info, this is how the antenna should come, of course Samsung probably want to make it as difficult as possible to copy their batteries. I purchased a battery for a Samsung S3, the battery is not original, however, it stated on the adhesive cover "Near Field Communications" so at the time of purchase I thought good it has the antenna chip, however, my phone NFC didn't work, & after peeling back the adhesive cover sure enough NO NFC chip!! This is false advertising at it best.... SO TO ANYONE READING BE WARNED...

Aug 30, 2010
Dera Ghazi Khan
Nfc is a must .

I ordered a battery from aliexpress . But it had no nfc . Been looking for oem batteries but they are nowhere to be found. The battery I got gave me good battery timing on my Note 3 n9005 . So I bought 2 new batteries (I use spare battery charger and replace the battery in my phone when I need to , best thing I ever done with my note 3) from same seller . This time with nfc . Each one is around 10$ (with nfc)
http://s.aliexpress.com/NFbEjIvm

This one I bought earlier had no nfc . Batteries are same though
http://s.aliexpress.com/3eu6jmEz
costs 7$

Sharing it , if it helps anyone . I have good experience with it

ThisIsGreg2.0

Apr 18, 2016
I purchased an extended battery from Anker on Amazon for not a lot of money. They also offer standard sized batteries as well. Both have NFC function working. Anker is one of the best moble battery companies. I have not had a single problem with mine, and I would recommend them if you want a well known brand.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alert! Note 3 NFC is on the Battery, make sure you use authentic OEM replacements, else you'll lose the NFC functionality.

Wysłane z telefonu

Wysłane z telefonu
    you used this on your note 3?
    my wife and I bump photos via NFC all the time. i use an NFC tag to set my phone for car use. every once in a while i see and NFC poster. NFC would replace QR codes so no need to open the bar code scan app. sadly, because apple refuses to adopt NFC, the industry that serves the idevices won't utilize it more. but apple will develop similar if not copied tech, make it proprietary, charge too much, and it will be revolutionary.
    Do people even use NFC? What's it good for? Does anyone use Google Wallet or do any payment things with their phones?

It's not only used for payments.. as a matter of fact, I'd say the payment portion of the nfc ability is used the least. It's used to automate things such as pairing devices and trigger events.