[Q] How to root my phone

Search This thread

Do6ermann

Jan 14, 2013
Mexico City
Ok, it's not like I didn't had search how to do it, it's just that so far my search has been very frustrating.

First, my phone has stock rom, v. 12.1.A.1.201 with JB 4.3. And I just want to flash a stock rom (maybe a little tweak to make it smooth and faster) + root.

So I searched (maybe not too good) how to do it, and I found this: to install any rom, you need to have an unlocked bootloader, so far so good, but then when you search on how to unlock it, surprise! you need to be root to backup drm keys :eek: ... Ok then, I tried another aproach, maybe flashing from custom recovery, but then again to install a custom recovery you need to be rooted :( ... back to the begining.

So if anyone can enlighten on how to fulfill my very reasonable request, I would be sooo happy.

mrhnet

Jan 2, 2012
No need to unlock bootloader in order to flash stock based ROMs or for rooting. But for flashing custom kernels/ROMs that need a custom kernel, unlocked BL is a must.

There are many guides. Check through this index.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2618222
It's sticky btw ;)

Basically you have to (because you're locked BL),
1. Downgrade to 4.1.2
2. Root with DoomLord method.
3. Install recovery.
4. Flash a pre-rooted 4.3 ROM (.201) through recovery. Flash SuperSU update at the same time. Shutdown phone (NOT reboot).
5. Flash stock 4.3 kernel (.201) via flashtool.
6. Done. On rooted .201. Then install a recovery (because previous recovery got erased with ROM flashing).

#Details in guides. Good one here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2727143

**Optional: Do a TA partition backup and keep it safe. Someday you can unlock the BL :p

Vforvanadium

May 11, 2014
Kolkata
Can someone please help me..
I have an Xperia SP currently running 4.1.2 rooted, bootloader locked.
My aim is to upgrade to 4.3.3 and root, for which i will have to unlock the bootloader. To do so I need a TA partition backup , for which again, root is required.
So, my question is that is it okay if I take a TA Backup now [in 4.1.2] and then upgrade OTA and unlock bootloader, root and then restore the 4.1.2 TA backup onto 4.3.3 in order to restore DRM keys and Relock the bootloader?
Has anyone done this?
is it safe?

Sent from my C5302 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Nanostray

greek_assassin

Apr 23, 2014
Why don't you install a recovery and after that flash a pre-rooted 201???;)

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app

Nanostray

Oct 30, 2012
My aim is to upgrade to 4.3.3 and root, for which i will have to unlock the bootloader. To do so I need a TA partition backup , for which again, root is required.
So, my question is that is it okay if I take a TA Backup now [in 4.1.2] and then upgrade OTA and unlock bootloader, root and then restore the 4.1.2 TA backup onto 4.3.3 in order to restore DRM keys and Relock the bootloader?
Has anyone done this?
is it safe?

You don't have to unlock bootloader. You can flash a prerooted rom with built in 201 stock kernel

Verstuurd vanaf mijn C5303 met Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can follow mrhnet's post that helped me solve my dilemma! You can downgrade your phone, exploit root, flash recovery, flash SuperSU and then backup TA. Once TA backed up, the freedom is finally yours! :D

Here's a link: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51005416&postcount=10
    Has anyone done this?
    is it safe?