ActiveSync Issues/Questions

Search This thread

rizoh66

Apr 23, 2007
Salt City, Utah
Connecting To Activesync Via Bluetooth

:confused:
I had to buy a bluetooth dongle for my laptop so I could access activesync via bluetooth. For some reason it wont sync. It seems to be the ports. In activesync I have 3 choices, 3, 4 and 5. My dash only lets me choose from 6 and 7. How do I create a port on either device so I can sync them correctly? Or any other tips will help. Thanks in advance. :confused:

Chillin

Sep 2, 2006
Can't sync folders on Activesync with WM Standard?

I have 2 WM6 devices, the WM Pro Universal and the WM Standard Excalibur.

My Microsoft Exchange account fully syncs all folders on my Universal, but only my inbox with my Excalibur.

Any way to "fix" that?

werk

Feb 28, 2006
In Outlook on the Excalibur, go to menu (right button), folders, menu, manage folders. You can select which subfolders to sync. This is how you set sent item sync as well...kind of a pain.

Chillin

Sep 2, 2006
In Outlook on the Excalibur, go to menu (right button), folders, menu, manage folders. You can select which subfolders to sync. This is how you set sent item sync as well...kind of a pain.

Sweet, you rock.

I thought I checked all the options, but I didn't think you would have to go right into your message list to be able to change that option.

Thanks.

grim1234

Jan 23, 2008
Dash won't connect to computer at all...

In device manager I can get an unknown device (under USB devices...), for which Window's believes it is installing the right driver. I have tried using the drivers in the Program Files/Activesync folder, but it won't use them.

It didn't work on the Rodgers ROM, and yesterday I went to Rick's hoping it would help the problem.. It didn't.

It still works on my other computer.

I have, of course, played with my profiles, reinstalled activesync, and disabled/enabled advanced network functionality in connection settings. It had worked before, but stopped. It is not my antivirus.

By the looks of it I need a driver of some sort...

XP SP2

Last edited:

Lukeed

May 22, 2007
San Diego
Sync data from one dash to another???

I received a replacement Dash from T-mobile with WM6 and want to move all my contacts/files/voice tags from my old phone (which is WM5) to the new one, is there an easy way to do it? I was hoping to beam all the data but can't get it to work.

Thanks!

pudgedaddy

Retired Moderator
Nov 6, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
I received a replacement Dash from T-mobile with WM6 and want to move all my contacts/files/voice tags from my old phone (which is WM5) to the new one, is there an easy way to do it? I was hoping to beam all the data but can't get it to work.

Thanks!

no way to do this unless you do a bluetooth beam from one to another.
however the easier way to do this is to make sure you use activesync to save your contacts. they will pull back up in your new phone when you re-sync with your PC. i dont think voice tags can be transferred (anyone with different opinion) lastly just backup your files on your PC and driop them back on your phone. If they are programs you will need to re-install those unless you try and use a backup program like sprite backup, but i know it has some adverse effects when resotring data from one rom version to another.

Lastly, all of this is assuming only that all of your data is only on your phone itself. If it's on your storage card intead just remove your storage card and place it into the new phone

fdlazarte

Feb 9, 2007
how to remove contacts thru activesync? lcd is broken

my lcd broke out last night and now i'm just waiting for the insurance phone (hopefully it is new) to come before I switch sim cards.

i believe my contacts are inside the phone because i copy it using windows mobile/activesync. they are still in the phone even with the sim card removed.

with the device connected to activesync, does anyone know how to delete my contacts through Windows Explorer?

any specific file i should delete before i send this damaged phone to the insurance company?

i dont want them to fix the lcd and see all my information.

thanks in advance!

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
Turn off the phone...

Turn it on while pressing the two softkeys down. Let go after you see the keyboard light up. Press the Send key. It should completely wipe the phone and make factory fresh (without your contacts.. lol).

Or I suppose you could just delete the pim.vol database. That's your contacts database :)

fdlazarte

Feb 9, 2007
Turn off the phone...

Turn it on while pressing the two softkeys down. Let go after you see the keyboard light up. Press the Send key. It should completely wipe the phone and make factory fresh (without your contacts.. lol).

Or I suppose you could just delete the pim.vol database. That's your contacts database :)

what are softkeys?

where is the pim.database located?

thanks!

fdlazarte

Feb 9, 2007
Softkeys are the two top keys with white dashes on them - next to the send and end keys.

thanks... now which is the SEND key? left or right? my lcd is damaged and i dont see anything.. it's all red, white, and, blue bleeding the entire screen...

btw, im using Kavana WM 6.1 :) so would that be the factory refresh install?

funkydude101

Oct 13, 2007
Toronto, ON
Automatic Bluetooth ActiveSync?

I've spent AGES looking through Google and these forums but I can't find a RECENT answer to this problem. Is there any solution that allows you to automatically sync whenever in range of a computer via bluetooth?

A couple years ago there was this software called BTAutoSync but that has gone by the wayside and I don't believe it works with WM6....

I think this feature is important and underrated. Bluetooth does not really drain the battery all that much. I run Salling Clicker from my phone all day long and have no problems with the battery.

What I would like to do is have my phone connect so I have internet access on it to update my Dashwire account online persistently. I do not have an unlimited data plan (as they are ungodly expensive where I'm from) so this is my only real way to get consistent online updates without using the cumbersome WiFi.

NRGZ28

Retired Senior Mod & Senior RD
Apr 6, 2007
XDA-Developers
I belive vijay555 makes a tool for that. His website's URL escapes me now, but I'm sure you can Google it :)

serialtoon

May 25, 2006
Active Sync on WM 6.1 and Vista.

Anyone have a work around yet? I love this part of the phone but cant get it to work!

BTW, works fine in WinXP tho :-/