[ROM][PRE-ALPHA] Evervolv Kitkat 4.4 - Pre-alpha 1 [19.11.13]

Search This thread

ironjon

Reactions: gregbrooker

SJAirWolf

Jun 19, 2011
Hi Nikez!
Nice Rom! and thank you for your great work!

This is my review for JB P11.

What we have:

Stable phone
Nice A2SD script

What we need:

HW improvements:
- H.264 codec - youtube application doens't work well. Video is choppy and slow.
- more speed on default launcher, Taskbar and windows animation (exit animations) aren't so fluid.
- Sometimes Google chrome have graphical issues (navigation bar).
- Android Keyboard is very slow and unreactive.

Facebook Contact Sync doesn't work.

Led notifications and colours on Sms, Mail, Skype,

All screen off and lock applications doesn't work. Only Screen Off FX works but phone reboots.

Display is very slow to turn ON with incoming calls

-------------------------------------------------
tested on
HTC Desire Bravo - Installation with full wipe.
governor Ondemand @1113 Mhz
A2SD script - GApps

Last edited:

laving1977

Sep 18, 2009
Big thanks to all the desire community...
Will be reading this thread and updatin my old love, but most of the times will spend in s3 forums now.

Btw, still missing original JB :) so thanks to Nikez desire offers more advanced experience.

Last edited:

Iryon

Apr 10, 2011
Cagliari
Hi, while search function on this thread doesn't work, i need to know what i have to do before flashing INT2EXT4+.zip because i already tried but phone didn't boot. Have i to delete something about A2SD from Rom? where and how?

kartnite

Sep 29, 2010
Chennai/Delhi/London
I've stepped out. Will attach logcat when I have access to a PC.

Apart from dialer force close while attempting to access settings, here's something else I noticed.

While on a call, I cannot access the dialpad in case I need to conference someone in or even press a number in response to automated voice responses.

Another 'bug': despite accepting calls (or even during a call), the phone screen shows the three options you get when you receive a call- i.e. options to accept, reject or reject with text. This screen stays.

The only way to disconnect is to hit the back button, pull down notification menu and hit 'end call'.

Will post a logcat once I reach home. In the meanwhile, could anyone else confirm these instances, or am I the only person affected.

Done a full wipe, BTW. A2sd with yny, 1 GB ext4 partition.

- Desirously swyped. $xda$
Back home for the weekend and flashed the Rom twice since morning.

Rather surprisingly, the bugs I mentioned have mysteriously disappeared (except the 'crash' while accessing call settings from the dial-pad). Can accept/make calls without a problem. Will keep an eye out, although I hope it doesn't recur.

Last edited:

kartnite

Sep 29, 2010
Chennai/Delhi/London
This is one of the rare glitches I've noticed over the past few versions. And no, this is not meant to be in the priority list. Just mentioning what the issue is. Sure many of you would have observed...

Email client (default)- open mail, bottom right on the screen, the 'settings' and 'right arrow to move to next email' are merged. Clicking it shows only setting options. So, you need to go back to email list to proceed to the next email.

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349532235187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349532235187.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,104

Bojan155

May 3, 2012
Amsterdam
This is one of the rare glitches I've noticed over the past few versions. And no, this is not meant to be in the priority list. Just mentioning what the issue is. Sure many of you would have observed...

Email client (default)- open mail, bottom right on the screen, the 'settings' and 'right arrow to move to next email' are merged. Clicking it shows only setting options. So, you need to go back to email list to proceed to the next email.

Screenshot attached.

I just found out that this is caused by the softkeys, regardless if you use the 3 button default ones or the one with enabled menu button. Not sure how that happened all of the sudden, so got no fix yet. :/

EDIT:
just saw you are using that other theme, that overwrites my softkeys so it looks like a more general bug when softkeys get enabled.

Last edited:

kartnite

Sep 29, 2010
Chennai/Delhi/London
I just found out that this is caused by the softkeys, regardless if you use the 3 button default ones or the one with enabled menu button. Not sure how that happened all of the sudden, so got no fix yet. :/

EDIT:
just saw you are using that other theme, that overwrites my softkeys so it looks like a more general bug when softkeys get enabled.

Oh really!?! I have been using your soft-keys since time immemorial! And now that the hardware back button is hardly responsive (dunno how it conked off! I've hardly used it ever since I figured I needed to press it slightly harder!), I am totally dependent on the on-screen keys. :)

No worries, mate. Like I said... If at all you get a workaround, great. Otherwise, no big deal. Didn't even think for a moment it is due to the soft-keys. :)

PS: Ha ha, just noticed myself that the soft-keys have changed because of the theme!!! :D

Iryon

Apr 10, 2011
Cagliari
Why INT2EXT4+ and INT2EXT+ don't work? Plz help me. I tried to delete 10a2sd from system/etc/init.d

Last edited:

LaidbackNikez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
Why INT2EXT4+ and INT2EXT+ don't work? Plz help me. I tried to delete 10a2sd from system/etc/init.d

Take it elsewhere. This is not the right place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope I make myself clear with this (this is to everyone):

If you have trouble with the things I release, go ahead and ask. If it's about amarullz, int2sd or "magiclyGiveMyDevice2GbSpaceScript" do NOT post about it here. I ONLY support stuff that comes stock with the ROM.

If you guys would want me to, I could start a new thread in general. The purpose of this thread would be for instance, questions about other 2sd scripts. Or how to get that nice looking widget or whatever, I don't care really. Just leave this thread alone of it.

ilya.glants

Aug 1, 2010
installed the p11 today. nice rom, good speed with a2sd set on y/n/y but have a problem:

home button doesn't work and as well the settings button in the status bar.

LaidbackNikez

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 17, 2011
nikez.nu
I seriously could use some testers right about now. Is anyone ready to test?
What I hope to get out of this test build:
Working Notification LED.

I already have that dialer-settings thingy fixed.

Me and Drewis have been looking into that 3G/GPS issue but we honestly can't seem to find what the issue is.

ilya.glants

Aug 1, 2010
FYI: I use an app called "Camera ICS" (free and looks the same as the original) instead of the included camera, and it doesn't have the preview glitch.
Just wanted to share that, if anyone else experiencing these preview glitches and doesn't know what to do.

Doublewise

Aug 5, 2011
Oh really!?! I have been using your soft-keys since time immemorial! And now that the hardware back button is hardly responsive (dunno how it conked off! I've hardly used it ever since I figured I needed to press it slightly harder!), I am totally dependent on the on-screen keys. :)

Button Saviour from play store is my favorite soft key to prevent excessive wear Desire's hard keys.

Top Liked Posts