Mic only works when switched to speakerphone?

Search This thread

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Weird issue here, when im in a call no one can hear me. They can only hear me fine when I press the speakerphone button. I tried using voice recorder as well and no audio recorded. I know there are two mics, but do they switch when you turn on speakerphone? So maybe one mic is blown?
Current setup
Latest firmware and radio, BadBoys 4.4.2 ROM,S-OFF

Spacemany3k

Jan 26, 2010
Austin
Weird issue here, when im in a call no one can hear me. They can only hear me fine when I press the speakerphone button. I tried using voice recorder as well and no audio recorded. I know there are two mics, but do they switch when you turn on speakerphone? So maybe one mic is blown?
Current setup
Latest firmware and radio, BadBoys 4.4.2 ROM,S-OFF

Adjacent to the USB input on the bottom of the phone will be the microphone. Try gently clearing it out with a safety pin to see if there's any gunk in there.

There's been known issues with the built in noise cancellation interferring with the bottom microphone. Try covering the back mic (the one that's top right of the camera) and talk into the bottom mic to see if you can hear anything. I don't believe there is a known fix yet for this issue for the Sprint HTC One if you have noise cancellation problems.

Viper ROM 5.7 has a setting to disable noise suppression, but that didn't work for me. I hear there's two noise cancellations. One built into Android and another for HTC. The Viper ROM setting disables only the HTC setting, not the android one.

I had this issue too and had to do a small "song and dance" with an HTC rep to trouble shoot the phone. They eventually agreed with my conclusion that the phone was broken. They sent me a replacement since I was under factory warranty and I haven't had any problems since. Best to call HTC and put in a trouble ticket.

bmwkeith

Nov 2, 2011
I have had that issue sporadically on my one since the latest firmware update. Happens for no reason occasionally.Never did it with old firmware. When I have time I want to try reverting to older firmware to see if the issue is resolved.

dacdd

Mar 17, 2011
I have had this problem for months. Speakerpho e works because it uses a separate Mic on the back of the phone on top.

The problem Mic is on the phone bottom near the charging port. Today I called my house pho e and screamed into the bottom Mic for two minutes and it's alive again for the fitst time in months!

How long I dunno worth a shot though since using speaker gets annoying.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have had this problem for months. Speakerpho e works because it uses a separate Mic on the back of the phone on top.

The problem Mic is on the phone bottom near the charging port. Today I called my house pho e and screamed into the bottom Mic for two minutes and it's alive again for the fitst time in months!

How long I dunno worth a shot though since using speaker gets annoying.

Sent from my HTCONE using xda app-developers app

Thanks that's what I need info on. I figured the speakerphone was the one on the back. oh well, i'll have to manage until April I guess.:D