[RECOVERY][MOD][1-June-2012] RA-supersonic-v4.3-smelkusMOD

Search This thread

smelkus

Nov 19, 2011
i must be an idiot cuz i dont see the download files i get an error no file found message

Seriously, there is no need to share this kind of post in a thread. I don't want to be a jerk, but it is just not necessary. See my previous post and work at it. I'd like to see feedback and valid criticism. You know where I post stuff. Work at it until you download it. Hundreds have already got that far. Thanks.

drlzanej

Feb 23, 2011
Well,,,**** man, for the first time in my life im speechless,,,,This is absolutely incredible, i love it . Thanks man,,,Later:cool:

ShagNasty2

Feb 21, 2010
Central Florida
SD

I love the recovery. Something i would like to see that i havnt seen in any recovery ive used is maybe listing the format entire sd card option (maybe would save an oops) in a Seperate category under wipe (maybe something like "sd tools")and include sd partitioning in the same, but leave the less destructive sd wipes where they are.

smelkus

Nov 19, 2011
I love the recovery. Something i would like to see that i havnt seen in any recovery ive used is maybe listing the format entire sd card option (maybe would save an oops) in a Seperate category under wipe (maybe something like "sd tools")and include sd partitioning in the same, but leave the less destructive sd wipes where they are.

If you've moved up to v4.2, the sd card wipe is in its own category now and I moved it. That was done based on another users feedback from TCD. So, one would have to click down 12 times or up 4 to get to it. It says:
***Entire SD Card!!*** and if you click it the confirm message says :

"Wipe ENTIRE SD Card!!
This is Irreversible!!"

Who would agree someone who got that far and hit confirm would deserve a full SD wipe? It would be a good lesson for that person in my mind in all seriousness. Sometimes it takes a few bonehead mistakes to get people to start reading about what they're doing instead of just clicking away.

That said the SD wipe is just like the other wipes calling erase_root. The sd partitioning menu uses the sdparted script along with other binaries. Different actions. (Plus, I don't want to work in the wipe menu any more ;) )

What about an option for auto reboot in flash menu? When selecting the last item to flash you could check auto reboot instead of going back twice for reboot. Just throwing it out there, not sure if its even possible.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

I'd love to have a flash menu where you could queue up everything you want to flash in a specific order and autoreboot on complete. Probably out of my capability at this point. BTW, I'm pretty sure you only have to go back twice if you went into the flash menu and didn't flash anything. If you successfully flash something, you should only have to go back once to the reboot option if I remember right.

Last edited:

ShagNasty2

Feb 21, 2010
Central Florida
SWEEEEEEEET I will definitely update. You rock man.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

If you've moved up to v4.2, the sd card wipe is in its own category now and I moved it. That was done based on another users feedback from TCD. So, one would have to click down 12 times or up 4 to get to it. It says:
***Entire SD Card!!*** and if you click it the confirm message says :

"Wipe ENTIRE SD Card!!
This is Irreversible!!"

Who would agree someone who got that far and hit confirm would deserve a full SD wipe? It would be a good lesson for that person in my mind in all seriousness. Sometimes it takes a few bonehead mistakes to get people to start reading about what they're doing instead of just clicking away.

That said the SD wipe is just like the other wipes calling erase_root. The sd partitioning menu uses the sdparted script along with other binaries. Different actions. (Plus, I don't want to work in the wipe menu any more ;) )

I'd love to have a flash menu where you could queue up everything you want to flash in a specific order and autoreboot on complete. Probably out of my capability at this point. BTW, I'm pretty sure you only have to go back twice if you went into the flash menu and didn't flash anything. If you successfully flash something, you should only have to go back once to the reboot option if I remember right.

I am sorry that you feel if people dont get it the first time they need to read more clearly:confused:. With that said..... My only point was that a great majority of flashers are new and may not understand what they are reading.
But i still think this recovery is the best to date.:D

smelkus

Nov 19, 2011
I am sorry that you feel if people dont get it the first time they need to read more clearly:confused:. With that said..... My only point was that a great majority of flashers are new and may not understand what they are reading.
But i still think this recovery is the best to date.:D

That's exactly my point. When I first got into Linux I read this article. What I'm talking about is Problem #4 from that article (particularly the fifth paragraph).

Presumably, in the case of this sd wipe topic, we would have a user who...

1) wanted to root their phone (that's huge)
2) rooted their phone
3) Understood what a recovery was
4) Found this recovery
5) INSTALLED this recovery
6) Went to the WIPE menu
7) and faced a decision

If they made it through all of those steps and looked at an option with six asterisks, ALL CAPS, exclamation points and confirmation dialogues and STILL clicked GO, they're going to get what's coming to them. That option has to be put somewhere and it comes with its risks.

Hopefully, the person who DID wipe their SD card would say, "What the hell happened?" and then spend some time learning more about this recovery or about their SD card or anything really.

I'm not wishing for someone to wipe their SD card. But anyone who made it through steps 1 and 2 above should consider learning more even if it's only one little thing a week. Read an update-script from a flashable zip, read some source code, etc. Probably won't make any sense at first, but it doesn't to anybody at first either.

Hope that explains my thoughts better.

ShagNasty2

Feb 21, 2010
Central Florida
That's exactly my point. When I first got into Linux I read this article. What I'm talking about is Problem #4 from that article (particularly the fifth paragraph).

Presumably, in the case of this sd wipe topic, we would have a user who...

1) wanted to root their phone (that's huge)
2) rooted their phone
3) Understood what a recovery was
4) Found this recovery
5) INSTALLED this recovery
6) Went to the WIPE menu
7) and faced a decision

If they made it through all of those steps and looked at an option with six asterisks, ALL CAPS, exclamation points and confirmation dialogues and STILL clicked GO, they're going to get what's coming to them. That option has to be put somewhere and it comes with its risks.

Hopefully, the person who DID wipe their SD card would say, "What the hell happened?" and then spend some time learning more about this recovery or about their SD card or anything really.

I'm not wishing for someone to wipe their SD card. But anyone who made it through steps 1 and 2 above should consider learning more even if it's only one little thing a week. Read an update-script from a flashable zip, read some source code, etc. Probably won't make any sense at first, but it doesn't to anybody at first either.

Hope that explains my thoughts better.

Point taken. And very informitave i might add. Please take no offense to my post, this "is" my new recovery. I just tried some newbie mistakes and found it very easy to wipe the sd thats all. Of coarse i keep a back-up:D

Reactions: smelkus

sharkytm

Jul 10, 2009
Yet again, this recovery is awesome. The haptic button use and the auto-reboot is a huge time saver. Thanks!

drewmonge

Jan 2, 2012
Just wanna say, this recovery rocks hard. Hands down, best recovery I've ever used on my Evo. Thank you, Smelkus!

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

MizzouBrent

Feb 19, 2011
Olathe, KS
Need to update to 4.2 but really loving this. Has caused me zero problems and the added functionality is great

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    This is an Amon Ra style custom recovery based on drellisdee's (aka getitnowmarketing) source with a few changes added by me.

The "nandroid" script includes code to auto-reboot your phone upon completing a backup, which could be especially useful after a long, compressed backup, but it's never been an option in the UI. I wanted this feature to be included in the backup and restore menus simply for convenience, i.e. restore a nandroid before going to bed so the phone is ready for you in the morning, make a backup while you're mowing the yard so the phone is ready for you when you come inside, etc.

Accordingly, I modified nandroid-mobile.sh to include autoreboot on restore and modified and built a new recovery binary to offer autoreboot in the backup and restore menus. While tinkering with it, I decided to modify the font color and background graphics. Themes and features explained below.

Change Log

Code:
    v4.3 - Add Get Current ROM Version to Other menu
    Add initial dalvik wipe to Superwipe to ICS and AOKP themes from v4.2.1

v4.2.1 - Very minor
    Update mason theme to new logo
    Add initial dalvik wipe to Superwipe (forgot it on v4.2)

v4.2 - Add Roboto font (from CEnnis91)
    Reorganize and clarify wipe menu, add Calkulin's Clear Temp (wipe Temp Files in recovery) and Superwipe
    Center main recovery screen header and switch to all caps

v4.1 - Added two new choices to the top of the wipe menu:
    Combined cache & dalvik wipe
    Combined boot, cache, data, system (aka Calkulin's FORMAT ALL) wipe
    Changed auto-reboot message from "Rebooting recovery..." to "Rebooting phone..."

v4.0.1 - Fixed symlinks  to dump_image and flash_image, which should correct any restore issues from v4.0 (thanks drellisdee)
    Modified nandroid-mobile.sh and extracommands.c to allow recovery to handle autoreboot versus the script (thanks drellisdee)
    Added message and three second delay before autorebooting (thanks drellisdee)

Features
    All features from v3.11 + autoreboot + improved wiping options + roboto

Known Issues
    None at this time

Important Notes
    1. To autoreboot, just select that option along with your other backup/restore choices and run as normal. Upon completion, you will see a reboot message along with a three second delay before rebooting.

2. The AOKP theme is just that-- a themed recovery-- not officially endorsed/supported by the AOKP team so please don’t bother them with anything related to this recovery.

3. Compatible with nandroids made under previous versions of Amon Ra (and probably CWM... dunno, never use it. Someone else that tries- Chime in!)

Download
    All versions available here:
    http://d-h.st/users/smelkus/?fld_id=5397#files

Latest versions mirrored here:
    http://goo.im/devs/smelkus

Install
    Using fastboot (using .img)
    fastboot flash recovery /path/to/<recoveryname>.img

Using bootloader (using .zip)
    Rename file to 'PC36IMG.zip' and place on root of sd card, reboot to bootloader, allow bootloader to scan, volume up to accept update

Special Thanks/Credits
    drellisdee (HUGE help- thanks! <-- buy him an energy drink)
    Amon_RA (Donate link)
    pensive
    Koush
    Cyanogen
    Brainaid and infernix
    CEnnis91
    Ropodope for testing
    Awesome!

Great job, love the new wipe menu.
    Thought I'd mention, I'm no longer working on this recovery (if you couldn't tell ;) ). The base is pretty dated now and beyond my ability to bring to new devices. TWRP is an awesome recovery, so I'd look for that on your new phones and tablets. Zip queues are sweet and while there is no auto-reboot it's not that big of a deal since it backs ups and restores so fast. You can check them out here or in your respective device forum. I really appreciate everyone who liked this recovery. I went from bugging drellisdee to learning how to make it on my own and that was a really great experience.

Right now, I'm trying to pitch in on ParanoidAndroid for the Nexus 7 when possible and hope to upgrade my phone soon (waiting for my contract to expire late November and for what Google has to say on 10/29). Thanks again everybody!
    So wanted to come by slap your thanks for my daily limit and personally say thanks for this awesome recovery. Its such a time saver and piece of art man. Great job.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Thanks for the compliments. Just cracked 4,000 downloads today for all versions and themes. Not bad for a recovery!
    There IS no better recovery than this for the evo. No way, no how. It's a pleasure to have this on my phone bro. Thanks for letting me test it. All of the greatness of amonra and so much more. Now xda members get it! Even better.

ropodope

Change, nothin' stays the same. Unchained, and ya hit the ground runnin'.