System Update 5/29/13 - Build Number 10.6.1.14.8-20130514

Search This thread

DarsVaeda

Nov 24, 2008
Tokyo
I had a problem with wallpapers, where it would suddenly change back to the ASUS Dayscene. Or I could not set a custom wallpaper image.
That seems to be fixed.
I'm now trying to setup a second user, that did also not work till now. Only resulted in the system to be slow and instable.
Hope they fixed that too.

EDIT: Unfortunately both unfixed :(

Last edited:

xRevilatioNx

Jul 15, 2012
Have no clue what changed . doesn't feel any different...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

KinetiClutch

Apr 9, 2013
URGENT

Could someone post the dlpkgfile ota file saved in cache before someone updates and upload it and post it?

basically, once the OTA update comes up and finishes downloading before you install it can you grab the dlpkgfile and then take it and upload it or just copy it to microsd anything before you install please?

would be really helpful

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I doubt this update adds much. The number version is so small from the previous it would be good to inspect the update. Anyway as just said if anyone can post a WW dlpkgfile that would be great as I can have a play.

Reactions: KinetiClutch

xRevilatioNx

Jul 15, 2012
They disable the camera? I can't find the app icon.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Billw129

Jan 1, 2013
Raleigh
where is the update stored? i want to install so please let me know so i can upload it before i do so. btw i am not rooted. dont know if that stops me from getting to the location.

nurrwick

May 24, 2010
URGENT

Could someone post the dlpkgfile ota file saved in cache before someone updates and upload it and post it?

basically, once the OTA update comes up and finishes downloading before you install it can you grab the dlpkgfile and then take it and upload it or just copy it to microsd anything before you install please?

would be really helpful

Here's a US dlpkgfile. There are patches to a LOT of files, but I haven't decoded the blob so I don't know what else is there. It takes a long time to apply this update, considering its size.

http://db.tt/7iQNz3eA

Reactions: _that

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
Here's a US dlpkgfile. There are patches to a LOT of files, but I haven't decoded the blob so I don't know what else is there. It takes a long time to apply this update, considering its size.

http://db.tt/7iQNz3eA

Thanks for the file.
The blob contains the usual images for bootloader, recovery and kernel.
The bootloader is bitwise identical to 10.6.1.14.4 except version number and build date.

Now I hope for someone to upload the WW version, which is the one I can actually use. :)

becomingx

Mar 22, 2010
www.absolutedigital.net
The bootloader is bitwise identical to 10.6.1.14.4 except version number and build date.

Well, and the last 261 minus 5 bytes. Do those not count? (Seriously. If you know what's significant about those bytes, please do tell :))

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

It's kind of funny...no one knows what the patch is for. Do think Asus knows? :)

lol! There's mods to a whole bunch of Android apps and native libs. Looks like there is new camera firmware as well. I imagine it's mostly bug and stability fixes like the update notice window says.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Full ROM is available on the Asus website. That is really quick even for Asus.
    So far no more SOD and the battery doesn't drain nearly as fast when in standby...could this help fix those issues? Please I hope so!
    Downloaded and installed system update this morning. Not sure what changed. Did not loose root.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I doubt this update adds much. The number version is so small from the previous it would be good to inspect the update. Anyway as just said if anyone can post a WW dlpkgfile that would be great as I can have a play.
    I haven't bothered with this update yet, since nobody seems to know exactly what it does. I'm rooted but not unlocked and performance is pretty good except when updating apps or just after I turn on WiFi (it goes into app syncing mode and lags horribly for a few minutes).

My major gripe right now is Chrome. It's horribly slow and often reports being unresponsive. I usually tell the system to wait for the app and it eventually becomes responsive, but I don't want to wait for a minute before I can even type a URL. I doubt this system update will do much about that, but did anyone have the same problem, and is it better now? If not, I may ditch Chrome altogether and go back to the stock browser.

I suggest applying the update. Chrome and other apps haven't been hanging. Whatever they did with the kernel fixed my Infinity for sure.

Also, after charging it yesterday, using it a bit last night, and letting it sit on the table overnight my battery is still at 87% this morning! On the previous update it would have been below 50% for sure.

Sent from my MB886 using xda premium