[Q&A]{Evita/One XL} Noob Friendly Q&A + General Help - Ask Any Question!

Search This thread

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
beppomarx said:
so nothing I am doing to get my phone unlocked is working. at all. could I possibly trouble me to walk me through this? I'll paypal you some thanks but this just isnt going smoothly at all. I am fine and running on 2.20 rom, CID is 11111111, s-on, relocked. X-factor exploit says 'CID already changed.' I've tried changing my CID to 22222222 and it says it goes through ok but afterward checking it, i am still 11111111. htcdev unlock token simply will not work. my token is always different (see post) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2583422

my next try is to hex edit my version # to try and downgrade to 1.85 and see if those tools will do the trick. I know my word means nothing to you as I am jut a name on your screen, but if you can nudge me through this I will happily give you some thanks.

I'll try to help you, but I'm not interested in any monetary reward. Why are you trying the X-Factor method if you already have SuperCID? Also, it's normal for the unlock token to be different each time you generate it. Sometimes it can take multiple attempts at flashing the same token for it to work.

I wouldn't bother trying to hex edit the version number. All that'll do is change one line of text that says what version it is without actually changing any of the important stuff. It will still be version 2.20 so trying the 1.85 method will fail.

Do me a favour and issue this fastboot command:

Code:
fastboot getvar all

Please post the results, but edit the IMEI out.

Sent from my Evita.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
ruffain said:
messaging u after a while i have been trying to unlock my boot loader from an hour now
i went to ur link they had post a way for linux nd later update for windows a little programer whn i submit the token at htc dev i get this error
Error Code: 160.Error Reason: MID Not Allowed.
i have searched everything used other methods still get same error
can u help

What are your bootloader details? I'm assuming you're taking about the 3.18 root method. Have you tried doing it manually as instructed in the thread? The reason it's failing st htcdev is because you haven't successfully gotten SuperCID via the 3.18 root method.

Sent from my Evita.

ruffain

Nov 22, 2013
Srinagar
it was in the theard

What are your bootloader details? I'm assuming you're taking about the 3.18 root method. Have you tried doing it manually as instructed in the thread? The reason it's failing st htcdev is because you haven't successfully gotten SuperCID via the 3.18 root method.

Sent from my Evita.
yes the 3.18 method lol i am a noob i cant do it manually plus the auto script is posted in the thread and i am on windows the other script is for linux

ruffain

Nov 22, 2013
Srinagar
i will but

You can do it manually, you might think you can't but you can as long as you can read and type. You just need to enter the commands one at a time as they're listed in the instructions.

Sent from my Evita.
but somtimes it says fast command is not recong so i just need to connect my phone boot and launch the commands in cmd do i need to have nything installed on my computer before

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Here's a quick guide.

You must have adb/fastboot installed on your PC.

You must have HTC drivers installed on your PC.

You need to download the xpwn.tar.gz file and extract it into your fastboot folder.

You need to open a command prompt from within your fastboot folder. To do this navigate to the location where adb.exe and fastboot.exe are located, shift + right click, then select open command prompt here.

Command #1
Code:
adb push oneXchopper /data/local/tmp/xpwn

Command #2
Code:
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/busybox

Command #3
Code:
adb push ownage /data/local/tmp/phase1.sh

Command #4
Code:
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/xpwn /data/local/tmp/busybox

Command #5

Code:
adb shell ln -s /data/local/tmp/busybox /data/local/tmp/sed

Command #6

Code:
adb shell "/data/local/tmp/xpwn"

Command #7

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Sent from my Evita.

Last edited:

ruffain

Nov 22, 2013
Srinagar
thanks again

Here's a quick guide.

You must have adb/fastboot installed on your PC.

You must have HTC drivers installed on your PC.

You need to download the xpwn.tar.gz file and extract it into your fastboot folder.

You need to open a command prompt from within your fastboot folder. To do this navigate to the location where adb.exe and fastboot.exe are located, shift + right click, then select open command prompt here.

Command #1
Code:
adb push oneXchopper /data/local/tmp/xpwn

Command #2
Code:
adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/busybox

Command #3
Code:

Command #4
Code:
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/xpwn /data/local/tmp/busybox

Command #5

Code:

Command #6

Code:
adb shell "/data/local/tmp/xpwn"

Command #7

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Sent from my Evita.
i am downloading adb/fastboot idk if i have installed it alrdy whats the next step

ruffain

Nov 22, 2013
Srinagar
again block

You haven't extracted it. All of those files inside the xpwn folder should be in the fastboot folder.

Sent from my Evita.
G:\Users\Ruffain\Desktop\New folder adb push oneXchopper /data/local/tmp/xpwn
3378 KB/s (1283460 bytes in 0.371s)
after the commands the i would get this different for evryone till i reached
and i got "no such file or dic"
then i changed name of pwn.sh to phase1.sh and it worked
till
link failed file exists

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Why are you changing filenames? It doesn't say anywhere in the instructions to do that. You can't just start making things up, if you deviate from the instructions at all you could damage your phone. Reboot your phone and start again.

Sent from my Evita.

Reactions: ruffain

ruffain

Nov 22, 2013
Srinagar
i know i shdnt

Why are you changing filenames? It doesn't say anywhere in the instructions to do that. You can't just start making things up, if you deviate from the instructions at all you could damage your phone. Reboot your phone and start again.

Sent from my Evita.

i did it coz no file was with that name nywaz this is new i booted into the boot menu it shows *tampered* now shd i still continue ur steps
shd i be worried

ruffain

Nov 22, 2013
Srinagar
boot details

Tampered is completely fine, don't worry about that. Start again from the start. What are your bootloader details? I need the first five lines.

Sent from my Evita.

tampered
evta pvt ship s-on rl
hboot-2.14.000
radio-0.24p.32.09.06
openDSP-v34.1.0.45.129
eMMC-boot

i copied the token but for some reason whn i tried pasting it on htc dev i coudlnt past nything and this didnt happens just once

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+3]
    The n00b Friendly Evita Q&A Thread!
    [/SIZE]

[SIZE=+1]Why?[/SIZE]

OK, I noticed we don't have anything like this in our Evita forum so I've created this thread as a safe place for new members to ask questions.

If you're a new member you probably have a bunch of questions, this is a place for you to come and ask anything you want to without fear of persecution.

Even if you're not a new member, please feel free if there's something you want to know.

I'd also like to encourage some of our valuable knowledgeable members to help out with answering some questions here.

z7e6jQa.jpg

[SIZE=+1] What You Need To Do[/SIZE]

All I ask is that you search properly before posting, it is in our rules after all. It's more than likely the questions you want to ask have already been asked and answered before, it's just a matter of finding them. The Evita FAQ thread would be a good place to start. Also, this thread is at a point now where I've covered pretty much any question you could think of asking, so please use the search feature to find your answer because I can almost guarantee it exists here already. If you've searched thoroughly and can't find the answer, or if you don't understand the answer, please go ahead and post here. Please provide the following information if you're going to ask a question:

-The model of your phone (at&t, Telstra, Rogers etc).
    -Your bootloader details (the first five lines).
    -Your current ROM/kernel.
    -Your current recovery.
    -All events that lead to your current situation.
    -What you've tried already (detail please, don't say "I've tried everything").
    -Anything else that's relevant.​

Please don't ask which ROM is best/most stable/fastest/prettiest/can eat the most hot dogs. No matter which way you word it, the question is not allowed. To say one ROM is better infers that others are inferior in some way. This is disrespectful to the devs who spend their spare time bringing us these ROMs free of charge. Each user has their own taste anyway so there is no best ROM. Check out the available ROMs and flash a few, you'll find out pretty quickly which one is best for you, plus that's half the fun anyway.

z7e6jQa.jpg

[SIZE=+1]FAQ[/SIZE]

For frequently asked questions please see the FAQ thread here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2136172

There is a great deal of very useful information in this thread so I'd suggest having a read there before posting in here. If there's a question that hasn't been asked there, or if you don't quite understand one of the answers please feel free to ask here.

z7e6jQa.jpg

A huge thank you goes out to the following members who have very generously made donations to me. Donations aren't expected in return for my assistance, but they are greatly appreciated.
    @taomun
    @Aloysius496
    @HTCuser3
    @adamussg

aDlDoZJ.jpg

Donate To Me

Sent from my Evita.
    [SIZE=+1]Important Sections/Threads[/SIZE]

Evita forum main page
    http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1538

Evita Q&A Section
    http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1572

Evita Android Development (Mainly Sense ROMs)
    http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1541

Evita Original Android Development (AOSP ROMs)
    http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1726

Evita How-To Guide For Beginners by @timmaaa
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2593382
    A valuable thread detailing some helpful guides on flashing a recovery/ROM/kernel, plus more.

Evita Compilation Roll-Up Thread by @redpoint73
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671237
    This is the single most important thread in our forum, it contains links to basically everything here. If you're looking for something, this is the thread you want.

Evita Compilation Roll-Up Thread by @TonyStark
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2422477
    Another incredibly valuable thread containing many useful links as well as some very important rules and guidelines, please read.

Sent from my Evita.
    Mine.

Sent from my Evita.
    I have a very quick questions.

Will the modified TWRP version that, in my understanding, is made to flash KitKat ROMs also flash Sense 5 ROMs?

Many thanks!!

I restored back a sense 5 rom with no problems at all, using a 2.6.3 modified twrp for kk roms.
    I have question for you, while I'm sitting here waiting out the RUU process...

Once the RUU has run, and hopefully successfully updated my firmware, does it delete everything on my phone?

I know I have to reflash my recovery at that point, but will I still have root, and will my currently loaded ROM still be installed or do I need to install a new ROM right after I install my recovery?

Also, does the RUU process delete the contents of my SD card?

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

Well I found out that it doesn't,

I just finished updating the RUU and I am now on Bootloader 3.18/Hboot 2.14 w/S-off. It feels good.

I just installed my first KitKat ROM, and of course the wifi is broken on the latest (Beanstalk) so I just installed the previous version, so now I'm up and running.

Thanks to everyone who assisted in getting me back up to speed with flashing ROMS, etc... Especially Timmaaa! I've learned so much in the last 2-3 days just trying to get this device back up to speed.

Cool, glad to help. Please press the thanks button on any posts you find helpful on XDA (even if they don't help you directly). It's the way we show our gratitude here.

Sent from my Evita