[q] flashed tot now no efs!!!

Search This thread

pitbull8265

Dec 3, 2013
I have the efs info saved to my pc from a previous backup, but cant get it into the phone.. Anyone with some info on how to maybe sideload it via adb sideload in stock recovery???

baublitz

Jun 21, 2012
This is my last ditch effort. Small back story: I somehow wiped EVERYTHING on my G2. EFS partition, ESN, data, SIM info., everything with dialer codes. All of my network information reads "unknown". I tried many methods from here on the forums to get this data back and it turns out I have lost my EFS partition- DNA for the network? I sent it to LG to get it fixed, having done a hard reset and leaving no trace of root. They sent it back without even asking and did no repairs. The note said "board bent". WTF?? How does the user bend the main board, especially when I never opened it? They voided my warranty and ripped off my IMEI/MEID sticker from the back of the phone.

Anyways, I am here with a brick. No network still. Here is what I have done:

1) .tot method to ZVC. Several more times... once to ZV7 where I lost touch capability. Luckily saved my arse with a micro->usb cable and a mouse.

2) attempted to root with ioroot25. Failed because the phone WILL NOT find recovery mode. adb, voldown+pwr then again from power off, and apps are unable to force the phone into recovery mode. I assume it is possible that my recovery mode is deleted?

3) Would have tried all of these "rewrite your efs/imei/etc" things but I can't do any without root. Can't root without recovery, can I?

4) Spent the last two weeks scouring the internet for a fix and going back to my Epic 4G temporarily.

Please help me, has anyone seen this before? Can anyone help me fix it? I am to the point where I would pay to have it fixed. Any experts out there? XDA has yet to let me down... I just need to know if I can fix it or if it is a brick so I can go searching for an old Sprint GS3.

Thanks all,

baublitz

James7Bond007

Aug 30, 2012
This is my last ditch effort. Small back story:...

Please help me, has anyone seen this before? Can anyone help me fix it? I am to the point where I would pay to have it fixed. Any experts out there? XDA has yet to let me down... I just need to know if I can fix it or if it is a brick so I can go searching for an old Sprint GS3.

Have you tried the recovery method detailed in this thread? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

Assuming you can get the file system partitions outlined in this thread to appear on a Linux PC, you should be able to write the partition images here http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/LS980/Stock_Firmware/zvc_partitions and recover your phone (particularly if you have an EFS backup).

baublitz

Jun 21, 2012
Have you tried the recovery method detailed in this thread? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

Assuming you can get the file system partitions outlined in this thread to appear on a Linux PC, you should be able to write the partition images here http://downloads.codefi.re/autoprime/LG/LG_G2/LS980/Stock_Firmware/zvc_partitions and recover your phone (particularly if you have an EFS backup).

I will try it out and update you. Did not try it since the 1st condition of the post said that your phone ought to be rooted, which I am not.

James7Bond007

Aug 30, 2012
I will try it out and update you. Did not try it since the 1st condition of the post said that your phone ought to be rooted, which I am not.

Rooting doesn't matter for purposes of that recovery method; the reason it is mentioned is because rooting can cause you to get into the soft-bricked situation if you happen to take an over-the-air (OTA) update while you're rooted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That is strange, no recovery ?
    So phone completely off, power and volume up doesn't put you into stock recovery?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk