[FLASHABLE ZIP][KK] iOS emojis for your KitKat device!

Search This thread

erickr13

Sep 17, 2013
Bronx, NY
Have you ever said: "This emojis look kinda weird" or "I dont like Android's emojis"? Fear not my friend because XDA member erickr13 have created a solution for you!

This simple mod consist on changing the emojis font files of your system and replace it with the emojis seen in iOS. The installation will maximum take 4 seconds! (Based on my dual-core Galaxy Nexus)

Here are some screenies:​

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

To download this mod please click here

Installation:

-Download file
-Reboot into recovery
-Flash
-Reboot
-Enjoy

Please share your sceenshot using the emojis, I will be glad to see them! ;) :laugh: :highfive:

Huge thanks to Jare Rummler, better known as @jrummy16 for his app that helped me create the flashable zip. Checkout his app at The Play Store

Last edited:

erickr13

Sep 17, 2013
Bronx, NY
What font are you using in the screenshots?

There are two different type of screenshots. The screenshots don't have the same type of font. The most recent screenshot (Two of them) I took are those that I am showing the keyboard with the emojis on the Hangouts app. The other one was taken a long time ago but I can find the font file for you.

Specifically which one are you referring to?

Lazereth

Sep 1, 2008
Dekalb
Thank you so much for this, my GF uses an Iphone and I use Android, and I once sent the "dancing man" icon to her but showed up as a "dancing woman"... needless to say i had some explaining to do.. Thank you for saving me for anymore embarrassment...

Reactions: erickr13

Oktasus

Sep 23, 2013
Oooooh thx realy now the emoij on my phone and in the sms app look much better, the default on lg are ugly

Reactions: erickr13

surferboi636

Feb 28, 2011
There are two different type of screenshots. The screenshots don't have the same type of font. The most recent screenshot (Two of them) I took are those that I am showing the keyboard with the emojis on the Hangouts app. The other one was taken a long time ago but I can find the font file for you.

Specifically which one are you referring to?

image 2 and 3

Aniket.t20

Aug 17, 2012
Mumbai
emoji in notification bar

Does this also provide ios emoji in notification bar like when you get a notification from whatsapp?
because otherwise it might come as a empty box. Can anyone confirm?

warfexion

Dec 14, 2011
Great job! Not a huge fan of the M8 emojis, this mod has most emojis but is missing some like the flags. Not a problem for me just I'd let everyone know.

kelzology

May 11, 2014
got it to work!

BnVf5O1CMAAK7ax.jpg

got it to work w/o root. use the app iFont Donate and just use the ttf file. works on hangouts, snapchat, my notes, instgram, my twitter timeline but for some reason it reverts back to the samsung emojis in the twitter compose box.
is there anyway you can just use the emojis and not the font? I've been using Roboto Light for some time and I feel like it better suits the 4.4 design. the font that comes w/ the ios emoji ttf files is ugly.

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
Missing Preview of Smileys

So from the link given above I downloaded the file under /system/fonts/AppleColorEmoji.ttf and flashed it via Philz touch recovery 6.25.0 and this is what it shows on my keyboard.Smileys Preview are missing for many but when i click on the question mark the smileys do show up in the message box .I deleted the applecoloremoji.ttf from /system/fonts on my phone,rebooted and i was able to see the default emojis that come with samsung keyboard.So anyone got any ideas why the smiley previews are missing on mine?I see a bunch of other files from the download link,would i need to get one of those as well?

Attachments

• 2014-05-11-19-07-23.png
    2014-05-11-19-07-23.png
    188.6 KB · Views: 380
  • 2014-05-11-19-07-58.png
    2014-05-11-19-07-58.png
    213.5 KB · Views: 372

erickr13

Sep 17, 2013
Bronx, NY
BnVf5O1CMAAK7ax.jpg

got it to work w/o root. use the app iFont Donate and just use the ttf file. works on hangouts, snapchat, my notes, instgram, my twitter timeline but for some reason it reverts back to the samsung emojis in the twitter compose box.
is there anyway you can just use the emojis and not the font? I've been using Roboto Light for some time and I feel like it better suits the 4.4 design. the font that comes w/ the ios emoji ttf files is ugly.

Unfortunately no, as far as I know. If anyone here has a work-around for this, please share!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you ever said: "This emojis look kinda weird" or "I dont like Android's emojis"? Fear not my friend because XDA member erickr13 have created a solution for you!

This simple mod consist on changing the emojis font files of your system and replace it with the emojis seen in iOS. The installation will maximum take 4 seconds! (Based on my dual-core Galaxy Nexus)

Here are some screenies:​

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

To download this mod please click here

Installation:

-Download file
    -Reboot into recovery
    -Flash
    -Reboot
    -Enjoy

Please share your sceenshot using the emojis, I will be glad to see them! ;) :laugh: :highfive:

Huge thanks to Jare Rummler, better known as @jrummy16 for his app that helped me create the flashable zip. Checkout his app at The Play Store
    Samsung

I'm not a big fan of the iOS emoji and not into the whole Samsung touchwiz so I figured a way to move the touchwiz emoji. Here's the zip if anybody else wants it. And if you do take it, thumbs up is cool.
    Works great! Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
    What font are you using in the screenshots?
    Yes there is i will upload the tft.
    Just copy it to /system/fonts and set the right permissions.
    NotoColorEmoji.ttf
    Please don't forget to backup your original ttf!