[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] OmniROM 5.1.1 [HOMEMADE] [T959] [06/11]

Search This thread

epicboy

Nov 21, 2013
cropped-omnirom_logo_layout.png

IT HAPPENED!
Welcome to the Omnirom lollipop thread for vibrant. I would like to thank @humberos without him this wouldn't have been possible. He put a lot of work into bringing lollipop to the Galaxy S1.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

Coming from Omni Kit Kat
NOTE: I'm not responsible of crashes due kernel changes.
1. Flash the ROM zip.
2. Reboot.
3. Wait the upgrading android dialog.
4. Enjoy!

Download
ROM
SuperSU for root access

Google Apps

How to Install
1. Enter recovery
2. Wipe "Factory Reset" (Unless you know what you are doing!)
3. Flash ROM zip
4. Reboot
5. Enjoy

Sources
Omni's GitHub

Useful Links
Website
Gerrit

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] OmniROM 5.1 [HOMEMADE] [T959] , ROM for the T-Mobile Vibrant

Contributors
epicboy, humberos
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-03-01
Last Updated 2015-06-11

Last edited:

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
So the back button is working now? On humberos latest vibrant build it was the other way around. Just making sure before I flash it.

Sent from the inside of my bong

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Sorry but I really don't know what's wrong. I just wrote what thantho said. Can you test for me please?

Yes I will lol, that's why I mentioned you in my comment in the i9000 thread. Feel free to put me down as a tester for future releases. Just let me backup my current LP setup real quick.

Edit: @epicboy everything works except for the back button, re assigning them doesn't help either. Looks like we'll have to settle for enabling the soft keys till a more suitable fix is found. None the less thanks for your efforts.

Last edited:
Reactions: epicboy
T

Thanhtho96

epicboy's build feel little smoother than humberos's build everything OK. Hope next build will sovle our problem and lollipop 5.1 will better.

Audiracecar90

Oct 18, 2014
Tuticorin
hmm yes Thanhtho96 thankyou for your help i'm just waiting for help to get lollipop for my device:confused::confused:

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

sorry im not understand what u asking? Im for eclai 2.1 ill just flash this rom cm11 and tried slimkat but no use.

T

Thanhtho96

hmm yes Thanhtho96 thankyou for your help i'm just waiting for help to get lollipop for my device:confused::confused:

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

sorry im not understand what u asking? Im for eclai 2.1 ill just flash this rom cm11 and tried slimkat but no use.
You should reply him in Q/A ;)

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
Has anybody had any luck with this and Xposed? I just can't get it to install for some reason no matter how many times I flash the file.

mcselasie

Mar 20, 2014
Accra
Apps to SD help

I still can't move apps to SD card. Is there a certain build.prop edit that can fix this .... ? I get an error "not enough space on SD card" I am not talking about an external SD card but the internal emmc .....and yes there is enough about 2.4GB free memory

Last edited:

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Yes like usual, I even tried doing a fresh install of the ROM hoping it would help but ended up with the same results. Probably still too early for us vibrant owners to use xposed on LP.

Hey Dzee, why do you need Xposed for now? Is it...the patcher? Contact me via PM if yes.

Reactions: dzee206

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cropped-omnirom_logo_layout.png

IT HAPPENED!
    Welcome to the Omnirom lollipop thread for vibrant. I would like to thank @humberos without him this wouldn't have been possible. He put a lot of work into bringing lollipop to the Galaxy S1.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Coming from Omni Kit Kat
    NOTE: I'm not responsible of crashes due kernel changes.
    1. Flash the ROM zip.
    2. Reboot.
    3. Wait the upgrading android dialog.
    4. Enjoy!

Download
    ROM
    SuperSU for root access

Google Apps

How to Install
    1. Enter recovery
    2. Wipe "Factory Reset" (Unless you know what you are doing!)
    3. Flash ROM zip
    4. Reboot
    5. Enjoy

Sources
    Omni's GitHub

Useful Links
    Website
    Gerrit

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM] [UNOFFICIAL] OmniROM 5.1 [HOMEMADE] [T959] , ROM for the T-Mobile Vibrant

Contributors
    epicboy, humberos
    ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-03-01
    Last Updated 2015-06-11
    ATTENTION!!!!

I am officially resigning from the position of being the maintainer for this device. I've become very busy and am no longer able to update roms in a timely fashion, and so far all my roms haven't been able to boot. I borrowed a friends vibrant to test on but I haven't been able to fix the bootup issues. I do not want to risk bricking your devices completely. There are a few other devs keeping this device alive, and @jeffreyvh said he can update and maintain some roms, but he has his own device to build for. Jeff also has a better machine than me so he can get updates out faster :p
    Lastly I just want to thank this community. You guys have been the best! I started building roms as a hobby, but I took it as serious as a job. Even after getting other devices I still tried my best to churn out updates for you guys. But sadly my time as your maintainer has come to an end.
    Goodbye Vibe community!!
    New build 5.1.1

Happy Cinco de Mayo to anyone who celebrates this day.
    I just finished building 5.1.1 omnirom on my pc. uploading now. Any bugs you find please report to me.
    I am officially resigning from the position of being the maintainer for this device. I've become very busy and am no longer able to update roms in a timely fashion, and so far all my roms haven't been able to boot. I borrowed a friends vibrant to test on but I haven't been able to fix the bootup issues. I do not want to risk bricking your devices completely. There are a few other devs keeping this device alive, and @jeffreyvh said he can update and maintain some roms, but he has his own device to build for. Jeff also has a better machine than me so he can get updates out faster :p
    Lastly I just want to thank this community. You guys have been the best! I started building roms as a hobby, but I took it as serious as a job. Even after getting other devices I still tried my best to churn out updates for you guys. But sadly my time as your maintainer has come to an end.
    Goodbye Vibe community!!

The next plan is a new version of CodeROM 5.1.1 :)
    I will make it for the :

GT-I9000
    GT-I9070
    T959

We expect new builds within a month...
    So. Prepare for a shock :p
    New build uploaded

So I just finished another compilation. This update brings latest omni sources. Hopefully the "stuck on vibrant logo" is gone now. I've also changed the value to have the back button, thanks to @Thanhtho96 for bringing that fix to my attention. Lastly I've added in some "speed" mods and tweaks to hopefully bring a better experience to you peeps. Enjoy. Link is in op :)