Thanks Meter: 1,965

Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2016, 06:03 PM |#761  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elgin, IL

Donate to Me
More
The Following User Says Thank You to elginsk8r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elginsk8r Ad-Free

27th July 2016, 06:05 PM |#762  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elgin, IL

Donate to Me
More
I've made it this far, runs, but i get a hard reboot from time to time. camera is borked and thing seems choppy. Audio works however!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elginsk8r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elginsk8r Ad-Free
1st August 2016, 03:49 PM |#763  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi,
Thanks for your nice ROM. May I know which ROM for android 4.4 HTC Glacier? I want to try. Many thanks

Regards
1st August 2016, 06:33 PM |#764  
Flag Underwater, no Sh!t
Thanks Meter: 1,042

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elginsk8r

I've made it this far, runs, but i get a hard reboot from time to time. camera is borked and thing seems choppy. Audio works however!

Wow, it's so awesome that you are keeping this alive!

I still have a couple of old faithful glaciers that we use in the family every time one of those flashy new devices cracks a screen or some other hardware problems .. they don't make them so robust anymore.
2nd August 2016, 04:14 AM |#765  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elgin, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaibar

Wow, it's so awesome that you are keeping this alive!

I still have a couple of old faithful glaciers that we use in the family every time one of those flashy new devices cracks a screen or some other hardware problems .. they don't make them so robust anymore.

It required me to repartition the device, I dont think i will be pressing to support it. I'm just surprised I was able to get it past the boot screen in less than a day. The cpu can't handle it very well either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elginsk8r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift elginsk8r Ad-Free
3rd August 2016, 04:23 AM |#766  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Out of curiosity, regardless of whether or not marshmallow is in a usable state why are there no downloadable builds listed for this device on the evervolv page? Does this rom require that it be built from source individually?
3rd August 2016, 06:28 PM |#767  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elgin, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlego

Out of curiosity, regardless of whether or not marshmallow is in a usable state why are there no downloadable builds listed for this device on the evervolv page? Does this rom require that it be built from source individually?

We have all the older builds in http://archive.evervolv.com/, it's too messy of a page to link all legacy devices to. It's all sorted by build date
3rd August 2016, 06:40 PM |#768  
Flag screwston, texas (houston)
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:

We have all the older builds in http://archive.evervolv.com/, it's too messy of a page to link all legacy devices to. It's all sorted by build date

Man, your great. Still my favorite device(above my HTC One). Thanks for giving it some life back. Isn't there a way to make it run any version of Android? Seeing that the HTC HD2 has had a good run till now which I believe is an older device

Sent from my latest and greatest HTC One M7 UL

-¤-¤-TIP FROM THE NOOB-¤-¤-
1. enable USB Debugging before flashing custom recovery.
2. Create system back-up before granting apk's root permission, editing system files, and flashing a new rom.
😃 better safe than sorry 😃

👼May the Angels lead your way Tom (Tony Stark) . You will be missed bud 👼
3rd August 2016, 07:45 PM |#769  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elgin, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony the noob :D

Man, your great. Still my favorite device(above my HTC One). Thanks for giving it some life back. Isn't there a way to make it run any version of Android? Seeing that the HTC HD2 has had a good run till now which I believe is an older device

There are ways, but the amount of hacks required greatly outweighs the desire for me to really progress. I handle a few other devices (Shamu, Hammerhead, a few more up and coming) that break at almost every attempt to bring functionality to this device. I still keep the code updated somewhat for others to resume my work in hopes that I inspire someone else to take the mantle. But it's at the point to where stock partitions are no longer enough to house the system without a bunch of hacks.
3rd August 2016, 08:12 PM |#770  
Flag screwston, texas (houston)
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:

There are ways, but the amount of hacks required greatly outweighs the desire for me to really progress. I handle a few other devices (Shamu, Hammerhead, a few more up and coming) that break at almost every attempt to bring functionality to this device. I still keep the code updated somewhat for others to resume my work in hopes that I inspire someone else to take the mantle. But it's at the point to where stock partitions are no longer enough to house the system without a bunch of hacks.

I been inspired but my crapy PC kills the vibe. Any info on the minimum hardware requirements?

2. Create system back-up before granting apk's root permission, editing system files, and flashing a new rom.

3rd August 2016, 08:28 PM |#771  
OP Senior Member
Flag Elgin, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony the noob :D

I been inspired but my crapy PC kills the vibe. Any info on the minimum hardware requirements?

You would have to check http://source.android.com to find out
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)