FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,190 Vote(s)
59.15%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.66%
No, needs improvement.

346 Vote(s)
17.20%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,785 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,885

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th October 2016, 02:44 AM |#19171  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Nevemind on cf bc it doesn't have the download for this phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

If CF Autoroot isn't what you were gonna flash then you don't need to worry with it.

What is it you are gonna flash in Odin? Are you downgrading to a certain firmware in order to root it?

Im not sure.....lol i knowi sound like an idiot right now but i watvhed a youtube video to do it to my other phone so can you just tell me how and what to use??? i tried a couple other ways so far besides odin or whatever and it didnt work it says device found.... infuse root unlock??? and i can just open this in my regular documents right? under downloads? then i exract it and then run it with my phone plugged in and it says device not found....

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

oh im sorry i switched from my phone to my labtop so i missed this reply!!!!! myphone is soooooo slow!!! i was so used to that galaxy phone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony the noob :D

https://autoroot.chainfire.eu

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using XDA mobile app

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

You got the Samsung Infuse 4G? there is a forum dedicated to it requires a specific older odin version. The newer ones won't work as I faced issues with that exact device. Let me scroll around for the correct forum to send you off

4th October 2016, 04:29 AM |#19172  
Flag screwston, texas (houston)
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful4life

Nevemind on cf bc it doesn't have the download for this phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Im not sure.....lol i knowi sound like an idiot right now but i watvhed a youtube video to do it to my other phone so can you just tell me how and what to use??? i tried a couple other ways so far besides odin or whatever and it didnt work it says device found.... infuse root unlock??? and i can just open this in my regular documents right? under downloads? then i exract it and then run it with my phone plugged in and it says device not found....

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

oh im sorry i switched from my phone to my labtop so i missed this reply!!!!! myphone is soooooo slow!!! i was so used to that galaxy phone!!!

My recommendation would be to get an other device as the infuse is slow with root or a slimmed rom. So just save yourself the time

4th October 2016, 06:59 AM |#19173  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hey everyone,
I have a problem with the facebook app. While playing music (play music) and browsing through the favebook app, when I press the comments, the music pauses for a while then continues to play as normal. It happens everytime I check any comments on any posts. Its very annoying. Now normally I would blame the hardware since it looks like a ram management problem. But I'm using a fricking s7 edge so I'm sure that's not the case.

So anyone experienced this and found a solution? I'm all ears. 😔

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_aldwin

Hey everyone,
I have a problem with the facebook app. While playing music (play music) and browsing through the favebook app, when I press the comments, the music pauses for a while then continues to play as normal. It happens everytime I check any comments on any posts. Its very annoying. Now normally I would blame the hardware since it looks like a ram management problem. But I'm using a fricking s7 edge so I'm sure that's not the case.

So anyone experienced this and found a solution? I'm all ears. ��

Nevermind guys I found the solution. Just disable the in app sounds. The in app sounds interrupt the playing music instead of it playing simultaneously.
4th October 2016, 02:31 PM |#19174  

More
Help restore account Facebook
Hello everybody
I use facebook, using real name. But not using real photo
I used that account was 4 years (4 years using Facebook without real photo)
Today.
Facebook reports that account using fake name.
Facebook asked me to send the identity card contains the name and photo.. Photo must match the photo was posted on timeline
How to restore the account now?
Thank all.
Sorry for my bad english
4th October 2016, 03:18 PM |#19175  
Flag Kochin
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSchumi

What happens, if you boot up the existing ROM on your phone?

Sent from my SM-G350 using XDA-Developers mobile app

When i boot up with the rom fot coolpad note3 flashed onto my device, it does boot up and get into android setup enviornment as i can hear the bootup sound and clicks when i touch the screen. But tye screen is completely black. Not wntirely dark. A slight greyiah black like the screen is on. But nothing visible on it.
4th October 2016, 04:09 PM |#19176  

More
acer liquid x1 (s53)
hello
my acer liquid x1 isa stuck on boot and cant go to recovery mode after i install TWRP via unclemoblie ? what im going to do ?
4th October 2016, 04:18 PM |#19177  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 649

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mckevin13

hello
my acer liquid x1 isa stuck on boot and cant go to recovery mode after i install TWRP via unclemoblie ? what im going to do ?

I will always recommend using fast boot ...u will have to flash ur stock firmware again using fastboot and then flash the twrp ...an alternative can be to use sp flashtools ...
Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to KingRaheel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KingRaheel Ad-Free
4th October 2016, 05:09 PM |#19178  
Flag saltlake city
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Quick question I've been wondering how much flashing and wiping can a phone take before it's starts to take a tole?... is there anything like an SD card that had heavy swapping and eventually fails?... there's been days I've probably flashed and white my phone 25 to 30 times.. and was just kind of curious what kind of damage I could possibly be causing

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
4th October 2016, 06:15 PM |#19179  
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinilu27

Quick question I've been wondering how much flashing and wiping can a phone take before it's starts to take a tole?... is there anything like an SD card that had heavy swapping and eventually fails?... there's been days I've probably flashed and white my phone 25 to 30 times.. and was just kind of curious what kind of damage I could possibly be causing

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Supposedly, the average solid state storage medium can be flashed 1000's of times but that number wasn't reached by testing the theory, it could quit after 1 more flash or after another 1000, one never knows, all you can do is hope yours is one that can take 1000's of flashes. I suppose it would vary depending on the quality of the materials and assembly, manufacturers with high quality control standards are better than manufacturers with low standards.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
4th October 2016, 06:23 PM |#19180  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I am assuming this will be the first place to start.

Hello, I am new to the forum and new to Android and rooting.

I have been an iPhone user for a long time and have had many jailbroken phones over the year, but I think it is time to make the switch. I have really only had an iPhone for jailbreaking purposes, but it is getting old having to wait for the newest jailbreak.

Any way, I have ordered the Galaxy Note 7 and I am excited to get it. I want to learn how to root and get the full potential out of the phone. I know nothing about it, but I am hoping someone will show me the way and guide me to the correct tutorials. One thing I would love to have, but don't know if it is available is a tweak for Pandora to be able to have unlimited skips/no ads/save songs. Hopefully something like this is available because it was my favorite tweak with the iPhone.

Thanks in advance!
4th October 2016, 07:07 PM |#19181  
Flag screwston, texas (houston)
Thanks Meter: 84

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfMan90

I am assuming this will be the first place to start.

Hello, I am new to the forum and new to Android and rooting.

I have been an iPhone user for a long time and have had many jailbroken phones over the year, but I think it is time to make the switch. I have really only had an iPhone for jailbreaking purposes, but it is getting old having to wait for the newest jailbreak.

Any way, I have ordered the Galaxy Note 7 and I am excited to get it. I want to learn how to root and get the full potential out of the phone. I know nothing about it, but I am hoping someone will show me the way and guide me to the correct tutorials. One thing I would love to have, but don't know if it is available is a tweak for Pandora to be able to have unlimited skips/no ads/save songs. Hopefully something like this is available because it was my favorite tweak with the iPhone.

Thanks in advance!

The Pandora mod I'm assuming is prohibited on the forums as it's stealing from the developer by giving you the Pandora one features without paying for the subscription

The Following User Says Thank You to Tony the noob :D For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tony the noob :D Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)