FORUMS

View Poll Results: Was this thread helpful?

Yes, I am happy with the replies.

1,191 Vote(s)
59.17%
Yes, kind of.

476 Vote(s)
23.65%
No, needs improvement.

346 Vote(s)
17.19%

[Ask Any Question][Newbie Friendly]

13,827 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,909

By Droidriven, Senior Member on 29th April 2013, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2019, 11:45 AM |#29191  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help with HiSuite Backup to PC - cant unpack "TAR" files
Hi guys!

We recently sold our HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro - before that we did a full backup on PC using HiSuite.
After that we sold the phone and bought a Samsung S10+, most of the recovery did the google-account automatically but we found some problems on the way.
- whatsapp chats were missing, no backup account were set. I know this was on us, but then I looked 1st time in the HiSuite backup and ALL "db-files" and everything was packed in TAR.

unextractable TAR

the problem here is that we I cant extract those TARs with any program I know, is there any way or does anyone here has experience with HiSuite?

When I am starting HiSuite it always asks for a HUAWEI phone to connect before be able to browse any backups, is there a way to FAKE or EMULATE a HUAWEI Phone connection??

Thank you for your help in advance.

KR

Niko
19th June 2019, 06:21 PM |#29192  
Quote:
Originally Posted by komakippe

Hi guys!

We recently sold our HUAWEI Mate 10 Pro - before that we did a full backup on PC using HiSuite.
After that we sold the phone and bought a Samsung S10+, most of the recovery did the google-account automatically but we found some problems on the way.
- whatsapp chats were missing, no backup account were set. I know this was on us, but then I looked 1st time in the HiSuite backup and ALL "db-files" and everything was packed in TAR.

unextractable TAR

the problem here is that we I cant extract those TARs with any program I know, is there any way or does anyone here has experience with HiSuite?

When I am starting HiSuite it always asks for a HUAWEI phone to connect before be able to browse any backups, is there a way to FAKE or EMULATE a HUAWEI Phone connection??

Thank you for your help in advance.

KR

Niko

You can certainly extract the .tar using Cygwin or Linux.

Sent from my Amazon Tate using Tapatalk
20th June 2019, 04:22 PM |#29193  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Phone specs
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootandroids

How do i post screenshots? I'm trying to let you guys help me but it feels like im jumping through all these hurdles just to get the information lol

https://ibb.co/5RF8zwM
https://ibb.co/QfkH7hG
https://ibb.co/frmc86t
20th June 2019, 08:39 PM |#29194  
Flag Bandarlampung
Thanks Meter: 1

More
"Restoring" Phone Performance Without Resetting
Hi guys.
Just wondering here, got a Redmi 5A with MIUI 11 from xiaomi.eu
I'm using this phone for a year + 4 months, and just got xiaomi.eu's MIUI for 3 months (works nicely, even better no ads on system lol)

Question here is, as like other Android phones (especially the low-end one), must suffer from what's 'lag' after few moments after resetting the phone.
Is there any kind of way to get the same performance back without even resetting it back? Just too lazy for reset the phone every months and so.

If you guys ask what I use for my phone? Normal social use that only 2% gaming.
And it's currently at 1 GB remaining of internal storage (it's usually way more worse than this before I root and using my external as 'linkable' app storage), and 44 GB of external ones. RAM are usually at 600-800 MBs ftee when idling. (I can't even multitasking smoothly without Android actually force closing my apps).
20th June 2019, 10:42 PM |#29195  

More
Hello
Is it possible to change the processor architecture somehow? I have a arm64-v8a processor (exynos7570) it is 64 bits but on antutu benchmark it shows that is running as a 32 bit processor. Because it is running as a 32 bit architecture i cant play games like ark survival evolved or life is strange.does a build.prop edit can change this or custom kernel?
21st June 2019, 03:58 AM |#29196  
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 6,590

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenicerusPlayer

Hello, Is it possible to change the processor architecture somehow?.........

This is tied to the Firmware and cannot be accomplished by a custom kernel.

The only way to utilize the ARM64 capabilities of the device is to have an ARM64 Firmware installed.

~ Removed... Bad Example... LOL! ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 04:20 AM |#29197  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

The only way to utilize the ARM64 capabilities of the device is to have an ARM64 Firmware installed.

~ Removed... Bad Example... LOL! ~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

You said that is like there is a 64 hardware running in 32 os on windows.
Then you readjusted,that is not the way it actually is on android looks like
How it works?i know samsung stock firmware runs as 32 bit even with the hardware being 64 for better perfomance. I actually want to change with custom rom/firmware to be able to run some apps only compatible on 64 bit devices but theres so little things about my device is there a way to change a firmware or build.prop to it works as a 64 bit without emulation like VM?
The Following User Says Thank You to SelenicerusPlayer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SelenicerusPlayer Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 05:59 AM |#29198  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 2,437

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenicerusPlayer

You said that is like there is a 64 hardware running in 32 os on windows.
Then you readjusted,that is not the way it actually is on android looks like
How it works?i know samsung stock firmware runs as 32 bit even with the hardware being 64 for better perfomance. I actually want to change with custom rom/firmware to be able to run some apps only compatible on 64 bit devices but theres so little things about my device is there a way to change a firmware or build.prop to it works as a 64 bit without emulation like VM?

There is no simple "switch", it requires you to replace the whole firmware. You may be really really lucky and are able to find a custom 64b ROM for your device, but if the manufacturer has not released a 64b version ROM, then sources (including the proprietary stuff that hooks into your 64b hardware) would most likely not be available, so your chances are not good.
The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondJohn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DiamondJohn Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 06:25 AM |#29199  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

There is no simple "switch", it requires you to replace the whole firmware. You may be really really lucky and are able to find a custom 64b ROM for your device, but if the manufacturer has not released a 64b version ROM, then sources (including the proprietary stuff that hooks into your 64b hardware) would most likely not be available, so your chances are not good.

Done thank you

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to karolina80kielar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift karolina80kielar Ad-Free
21st June 2019, 07:14 AM |#29200  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondJohn

Thanks for the help clarifying this.actually i couldnt even find any custom rom for my exact device so the chances are likely impossible,tried to search lineageos and ressurrection remix there arent even unofficial builds for this type of phone.the only way is if a nice soul waste lots of time building a rom for samsung galaxy j4.anyway thanks for the help
21st June 2019, 08:38 AM |#29201  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Hello,

I want to know that if any respected dev worked on Oppo F7 custom ROM Developement and TWRP recovery.. i tried search but couldn't find any rom or twrp recovery and how to flash guides etc..

So we need to be on stock rom for always
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ask any question, bricked phone, cwm roms and kernels, help thread, noob, noob friendly, question, rcs in action

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)