FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] [how to] CREATE OWN ROM [FOR ANY ANDROID DEVICE] [FOR N00B] [EASIEST METHODS]

1,777 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,036

By lokeshsaini94, Senior Member on 28th July 2012, 06:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th August 2012, 05:23 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Behind you!!!

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fro5tie

Had a quick read through, seems fairly easy to get started, so thanks for that!

What I want to achieve is to be able to take an existing ROM, and customise it for my organisation. I want to be able to remove the initial set up that you get when you flash a new ROM, e.g. name, Google account etc. Do you know how I would achieve this, or the files I would need to edit?

I also want to remove some APKs and preload some APKs, I think I know how to do this its just a case of replacing them in the system folder?

Also I want to preload some Wifi settings on so set it to know our SSID and PSK, is this something which is possible?

Thanks for your help!

1st for rom you will use as base, get permission of its developers before doing it...
2nd the setup wizard you are talking about(i guess where we have to touch android) is by app in system/app named SetupWizard.apk but i think you should not delete it. it also controls few other things.
3rd replace/delete app you know about...(system/app)
4th i don't know much about preloaded settings... all i know is you will need to edit smali files of apk....
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lokeshsaini94 Ad-Free
14th August 2012, 11:38 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Hi

I've been playing around with this, I've extracted the ROM to a working folder and made a few changes, e.g adding and removing APKs. Then I've repackaged the ROM, but when I copy the .zip onto my SD card and try flashing it, I get an error:

Install /sdcard
Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying Update package
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I can't install CWM on this device so its just using the Android System Recovery 3e

Is there something else I have to do to get it flashable?
The Following User Says Thank You to fro5tie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fro5tie Ad-Free
14th August 2012, 01:14 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Behind you!!!

More
hiii
okay.. so first get cwm recovery as you say you dont have cwm... then while making a zip with android kitchen make sure when it ziplangs all apks then it signs your rom zip... make sure you press enter or press y and then enter...
while flashing rom with cwm you get this error again then in 'ïnstall zip from sdcard' select 'toggle signature verification' then try again if still no luck rply back....
and it seams like you used this guide and you found it helpful i guess and you dint even pressed a thanks button... i don't know why you guys enjoy all stuff and don't even press thanks button.. i am not asking you for money... it wont cost you anything...
Quote:

Hi

I've been playing around with this, I've extracted the ROM to a working folder and made a few changes, e.g adding and removing APKs. Then I've repackaged the ROM, but when I copy the .zip onto my SD card and try flashing it, I get an error:

Install /sdcard
Finding update package
Opening update package
Verifying Update package
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I can't install CWM on this device so its just using the Android System Recovery 3e

Is there something else I have to do to get it flashable?

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lokeshsaini94 Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 11:25 AM |#14  

More
Hi

Thanks for this, I've got it sorted now.

I can't install CWM as its not compatible with my device, but it was just that the zip needed signing for my device. I found info on another forum to sign it properly, and its flashing fine now.

Thanks for your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to fro5tie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fro5tie Ad-Free
15th August 2012, 04:49 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1,185

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi

I can't install CWM as its not compatible with my device, but it was just that the zip needed signing for my device. I found info on another forum to sign it properly, and its flashing fine now.

Thanks for your help.

Wich device you have?
15th August 2012, 05:14 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Behind you!!!

More
use this to make your own cwm recovery.... http://builder.clockworkmod.com/
Quote:

Hi

Thanks for your help.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lokeshsaini94 Ad-Free
16th August 2012, 10:43 AM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androsamace

Wich device you have?

Its an Ainol Novo 7 Elf 2 (chinese tablet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokeshsaini94

use this to make your own cwm recovery.... http://builder.clockworkmod.com/

I'll take a look.
20th August 2012, 12:36 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
HTC One X
- no ROM support, but de-odexing only! (Here is the guide to de-odex)

So i wanted to start building a ROM the easy way, guess I have to find the manual method..
21st August 2012, 07:46 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Behind you!!!

More
i dont know what are you talking about... here is link for htc one x roms
http://onexroot.com/category/one-x-roms/
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSilv85

HTC One X
- no ROM support, but de-odexing only! (Here is the guide to de-odex)

So i wanted to start building a ROM the easy way, guess I have to find the manual method..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lokeshsaini94 Ad-Free
22nd August 2012, 12:02 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Oh i mean the kitchen.. not suited for htc one x is stated in the op.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
22nd August 2012, 09:04 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Behind you!!!

More
okay then you can add things do changes manually....
Quote:
Originally Posted by xSilv85

Oh i mean the kitchen.. not suited for htc one x is stated in the op.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lokeshsaini94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lokeshsaini94 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ace plus, custom rom, easy, make rom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)