Originally Posted by Eric Karz
I was able to use the nabi lab but i must admit i had problems
the first was adb\adb.exe start-server stays on when not even using the program. the problem that this caused for me is just way to much to type ...lol
so i added adb\adb.exe kill-server at the bottom of the bat file so it looks like this
The next one i uninstalled pdanet
2nd (Probably the most important step) the install of drivers "android_winusb.inf"
this one is not anything new to me
"right click and install' and i got "The INF file you selected does not support this method".
So my work around was to install it manually.
Now in the Device Manager i see Samsung phone with "Fuhu Nabi 2 ADB Interface" in it (Q is this what we suppose to see?)
3 is a question
after also installing the driver in this state . i see in the device manager Samsung phone with "google galxy nexus ADB Interface" (Q is that correct?)
I ask because i can also change it to " Fuhu Nabi 2 BootLoader Interface "
Make a built in test for both modes before proceeding
1) press to make sure you can boot to bootloader mode
Stop here if it didn't work
2) press to make tablet Reboot (when in bootloader mode)
IF its a success you can proceed to the next option .
thanks for the hard work you are doing , Much thanks
Ok I really need to make a thread for Nabi Lab.
Was that a hint? haha. Excellent feedback as always.
1. Yes you are correct that it should be added. I will add it.
2. What version of windows are you using? Also 32bit or 64bit? I had no issues with 7 and 8 64 bit after disabling windows driver signature enforcement, are you sure it took the "disable driver signature enforcement" after the reboot? That's the only thing that I know that would cause that. XP worked but I did manual mode as you did while testing. It's a modified Samsung driver so it might display that.
3. Also possibly related to the above. However I don't think so... It's possible that installing PDA net doesn't remove driver store/inf(depending on windows version). For example on Windows 7 open /windows/system32/driverstore/filerepository and search for "android" there is likely extra ones. So it just reinstalled the PDA net one. It should say Fuhu Nabi 2, so I think you are using the old driver. Both drivers are so you see the option for Nabi labelled one. You would have to unisntall in device manager and then remove all of android infs. Then reinstall.
4. Useful feature. That's not too hard to add since it detects the mode based off of it can run the getprop command. Give me an example when you would want it to do this so I can add it logically. Just really adding "fastboot reboot" and detecting. Are you thinking automatic detection like refreshing on it own?
Thanks for the feedback. You were already credited in the readme, but maybe you need some more credit