FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Post Reply Email Thread
The price on Amazon has dropped to $229. Trying to decide if I should pull the trigger now or wait until it drops to $200.
16th April 2012, 05:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
I went to Radio Shack and got mine for 199.99 they price matched some store in Texas.... I'm in Ohio lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
16th April 2012, 07:05 PM |#3  
Flag Portland, Oregon
Thanks Meter: 447

Donate to Me
More
I think the number of people buying it might decline now. Galaxy SIII is being announced on the 3rd
16th April 2012, 11:52 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon Mushroom

I think the number of people buying it might decline now. Galaxy SIII is being announced on the 3rd

Very true statement... I've progressively meditated away the temptation of buying the Note so far... But out of curiosity, has anyone gone out today & gotta price match @ this amazon price yet?
26th April 2012, 12:17 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroon Mushroom

I think it will decline a bit but probably not much. I know I personally bought the Note for the screen and the GSIII will still be like 5" inches smaller will it not? I think most people were drawn to the Note for the screen and that will still be a big selling point.

Loving my Note so far!! Absolutely loving it coming from a GSII!
3rd May 2012, 04:21 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Great Amazon Deal - Tip to keep Grandfathered Unlimited Data
I shop Amazon a lot and this is a really good deal IMHO. Especially, if you plan on keeping the Note for the term of your contract (or the first 181 days at least).
  • Pros:
  • Amazon do not charge tax (in most states right now),
  • you get free 2 day shipping,
  • free a Micro USB Universal Car Charger
  • $25 in free apps.
  • no restocking fee if you return the device within 30 days.
  • Cons:
  • after the first 30 days, they will charge you $250 if you cancel your new/upgrade contract within the first 181 days. (small print)

NOTE:- If you are upgrading and have a grandfathered AT&T smartphone unlimited data plan that you wish to keep read on...

You will be required to pick a new data plan with your Amazon order. Just pick one so that the order goes through. Once you get the phone you have to call AT&T BEFORE activating it.

AT&T have built Grandfathered Unlimited Data Plans specifically for LTE which cannot be backdated. They can put you on this plan but only if the phone has NOT been activated on the tiered data plan you picked during ordering, so BE WARNED

If you have any issues with AT&T be persistent. PM me and I will tell exact AT&T Data Plan code to be used.
16th April 2012, 07:08 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nique0201

I went to Radio Shack and got mine for 199.99 they price matched some store in Texas.... I'm in Ohio lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

Thanks OP!!

and
link for $199 store in TX please
16th April 2012, 09:46 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
+ 1 on the link for the $199 note!
17th April 2012, 07:33 PM |#9  
Flag St Louis
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I called 611 on my phone to talk to Customer Service this past Saturday to tell them that Frys was selling the Note for $199 and they credited my account $100. I was just three days shy of my 30 day purchase date. All they asked me was when did i buy my phone. I didn't have to prove that the price had dropped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA
17th April 2012, 11:02 PM |#10  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlp

I called 611 on my phone to talk to Customer Service this past Saturday to tell them that Frys was selling the Note for $199 and they credited my account $100. I was just three days shy of my 30 day purchase date. All they asked me was when did i buy my phone. I didn't have to prove that the price had dropped.

I have called multiple times and they keep telling me they can't do it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)