6.2.1 User Unrooted Needed (Finished Root Done!)

Search This thread

Shuyin

Dec 22, 2011
Log cat of force close please

Sorry Jcase,

I jumped the gun!
I used the Su-v2 from the SuperOneClick and thought it worked..

Edit: Bah, I tried to update it and it closed on me "The application Superuser (process com.noshufou.android.su) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again)

Edit:

Does this aid in anything?

I/Process ( 2153): Sending signal. PID: 2153 SIG: 9

E/InputDispatcher( 1393): channel '40866f90 com.noshufou.android.su/com.noshufou.android.su.Su (server)' ~ Consumer closed input channel or an error occurred. events=0x8

E/InputDispatcher( 1393): channel '40866f90 com.noshufou.android.su/com.noshufou.android.su.Su (server)' ~ Channel is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!

I/WindowManager( 1393): WIN DEATH: Window{407f26b8 com.noshufou.android.su/com.noshufou.android.su.preferences.PreferencesActivity paused=false}

I/ActivityManager( 1393): Process com.noshufou.android.su (pid 2153) has died.

I/WindowManager( 1393): WINDOW DIED Window{40866f90 com.noshufou.android.su/com.noshufou.android.su.Su paused=false}

I/ActivityManager( 1393): Start proc com.noshufou.android.su for activity com.noshufou.android.su/.Su: pid=2239 uid=10027 gids={3003, 1015}

W/WindowManager( 1393): Failed looking up window

W/WindowManager( 1393): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Requested window android.os.BinderProxy@40812eb0 does not exist

W/WindowManager( 1393): at com.android.server.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:8177)

W/WindowManager( 1393): at com.android.server.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:8168)

W/WindowManager( 1393): at com.android.server.WindowManagerService$WindowState$DeathRecipient.binderDied(WindowManagerService.java:7027)

W/WindowManager( 1393): at android.os.BinderProxy.sendDeathNotice(Binder.java:381)

W/WindowManager( 1393): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

I/WindowManager( 1393): WIN DEATH: null

I/ActivityThread( 2239): Pub com.noshufou.android.su.provider: com.noshufou.android.su.provider.PermissionsProvider

Last edited:

troydog

Jan 2, 2010
I got root and it works but also get a error once closed it still works fine error reads

the application superuser (process com.noshufou.su) has stopped unexpectedly please try again
force close

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
Can you email the su and superuser.apk that you used, to jcase@cunninglogic.com so I Can update the package.

Sorry Jcase,

I jumped the gun!
I used the Su-v2 from the SuperOneClick and thought it worked..

Edit: Bah, I tried to update it and it closed on me "The application Superuser (process com.noshufou.android.su) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again)

Edit:

Does this aid in anything?

I/Process ( 2153): Sending signal. PID: 2153 SIG: 9

E/InputDispatcher( 1393): channel '40866f90 com.noshufou.android.su/com.noshufou.android.su.Su (server)' ~ Consumer closed input channel or an error occurred. events=0x8

E/InputDispatcher( 1393): channel '40866f90 com.noshufou.android.su/com.noshufou.android.su.Su (server)' ~ Channel is unrecoverably broken and will be disposed!

I/WindowManager( 1393): WIN DEATH: Window{407f26b8 com.noshufou.android.su/com.noshufou.android.su.preferences.PreferencesActivity paused=false}

I/ActivityManager( 1393): Process com.noshufou.android.su (pid 2153) has died.

I/WindowManager( 1393): WINDOW DIED Window{40866f90 com.noshufou.android.su/com.noshufou.android.su.Su paused=false}

I/ActivityManager( 1393): Start proc com.noshufou.android.su for activity com.noshufou.android.su/.Su: pid=2239 uid=10027 gids={3003, 1015}

W/WindowManager( 1393): Failed looking up window

W/WindowManager( 1393): java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Requested window android.os.BinderProxy@40812eb0 does not exist

W/WindowManager( 1393): at com.android.server.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:8177)

W/WindowManager( 1393): at com.android.server.WindowManagerService.windowForClientLocked(WindowManagerService.java:8168)

W/WindowManager( 1393): at com.android.server.WindowManagerService$WindowState$DeathRecipient.binderDied(WindowManagerService.java:7027)

W/WindowManager( 1393): at android.os.BinderProxy.sendDeathNotice(Binder.java:381)

W/WindowManager( 1393): at dalvik.system.NativeStart.run(Native Method)

I/WindowManager( 1393): WIN DEATH: null

I/ActivityThread( 2239): Pub com.noshufou.android.su.provider: com.noshufou.android.su.provider.PermissionsProvider

kbiz01

Dec 21, 2011
Palo Alto
I think you need to use the superuser from pre 6.2.1 root methods since I think Jcase mentioned he didn't have a Fire and he used the one from his phone. That's what I did and I am a rooting n00b and this worked exactly as advertised on my Fire 6.2.1 update, even easier than the steps on previous updates. Everything is working, Currents, Calendar and ES File Explorer in root mode.

Jcase Thanks a bunch!!! Just bought your app on the market and if they update again, please keep them coming!

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
I think you need to use the superuser from pre 6.2.1 root methods since I think Jcase mentioned he didn't have a Fire and he used the one from his phone. That's what I did and I am a rooting n00b and this worked exactly as advertised on my Fire 6.2.1 update, even easier than the steps on previous updates. Everything is working, Currents, Calendar and ES File Explorer in root mode.

Jcase Thanks a bunch!!! Just bought your app on the market and if they update again, please keep them coming!

Can someone send me a confirmed set of working su/superuser.aok.

I have another root lined up for next update already.

troydog

Jan 2, 2010
Easy way to get superuser to work and it was easy.

Go to market and superuser click uninstall
then re install

reboot kindle and it works

Nov 21, 2011
Mine worked perfectly (thus far)

AWESOME!!!!!! I'm now rooted with superuser permissions granted to my apps that require it (such as virtual button bar...which I cannot live without!). Are people contributing via paypal?

Interesting that is works for some, and not others. I was rooted and I had superuser and all the proper adk drivers installed on my computer before the OTA update hit me (then unrooted). Stock ROM.

The only noteworthy thing that I can contribute in my experience using this...is that when I tried to push the superuser app onto my KF (per the instructions), it told me that superuser was already installed. Thus, I ignored the push, rebooted, and it works perfectly. Specifically, this didn't work, but it didn't matter: adb install C:\[path]\com.noshufou.android.su-1.apk

Good luck!!!

jcase

Feb 20, 2010
Raleigh NC
AWESOME!!!!!! I'm now rooted with superuser permissions granted to my apps that require it (such as virtual button bar...which I cannot live without!). Are people contributing via paypal?

Interesting that is works for some, and not others. I was rooted and I had superuser and all the proper adk drivers installed on my computer before the OTA update hit me (then unrooted). Stock ROM.

The only noteworthy thing that I can contribute in my experience using this...is that when I tried to push the superuser app onto my KF (per the instructions), it told me that superuser was already installed. Thus, I ignored the push, rebooted, and it works perfectly. Specifically, this didn't work, but it didn't matter: adb install C:\[path]\com.noshufou.android.su-1.apk

Good luck!!!

Only way I take contributions is the market https://market.android.com/details?id=net.andirc.jcasedonate for now, funds are used for devices.

That error just means you already had superuser installed

Serial_Noob

Dec 15, 2011
Tennessee
Thanks all, got all the help we needed.

With the help of Jcase of TeamAndIRC, I spent a good bit of the night bothering / learning from him and he was able to beat 6.2.1. He will be releasing it tomorrow morning over at Rootzwiki.

Once posted, I will have a new KFU ready to flash TWRP, and allow users to flash the rooted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1402440

Please take the time to thank him when it is posted, and make a few donations after you check it out and get your fire back to root :) Let's get him his own fire to break haha.

Code:
tools\adb install kindleroot.apk
3676 KB/s (15060 bytes in 0.004s)
        pkg: /data/local/tmp/kindleroot.apk
Success
tools\adb shell
$
tools\adb kill-server
tools\adb root
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
restarting adbd as root
tools\adb shell
error: device not found
tools\adb shell
tools\adb shell
tools\adb shell
tools\adb shell
#

Link will be posted tomorrow.
OK, first --- Thanks VERY much for the exploit/root. It worked perfectly.

Second, an issue that may be of interest for those who rooted 6.2 with SuperOneClick and got broken by the OTA - android market comes back up during root, but force closes immediately. I figure reinstalling it or the framework or both will fix it. I hope.

Third, I get stuck at fastboot in your TWRP Installer script.

Press any key to continue . . .

Waiting for Root ADB...

Setting boot into Fastboot (4002)...
<idme> Invalid permission

Restarting in Fastboot (4002)...
reboot: Operation not permitted

Installing TWRP...
If we get stuck here for awhile, power the kindle on and off a few times.

< waiting for device >

Stumped here. I'm new to Android, so I have no idea why the invalid permission.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks all, got all the help we needed.

With the help of Jcase of TeamAndIRC, I spent a good bit of the night bothering / learning from him and he was able to beat 6.2.1. He will be releasing it tomorrow morning over at Rootzwiki.

Once posted, I will have a new KFU ready to flash TWRP, and allow users to flash the rooted here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1402440

Please take the time to thank him when it is posted, and make a few donations after you check it out and get your fire back to root :) Let's get him his own fire to break haha.

Code:
    tools\adb install kindleroot.apk
    3676 KB/s (15060 bytes in 0.004s)
            pkg: /data/local/tmp/kindleroot.apk
    Success
    tools\adb shell
    $
    tools\adb kill-server
    tools\adb root
    * daemon not running. starting it now *
    restarting adbd as root
    tools\adb shell
    tools\adb shell
    tools\adb shell
    tools\adb shell
    tools\adb shell
    #

Link will be posted tomorrow.
    Can someone confirm that the androidpolice root works???

I wrote it, yes it works.
    So those with 6.2.1 will be able to root their devices?

;)

Yep.
    "BIG THANK!!! to Justin Case, Vashypooh"

Fantastic!

I'm very APPRECIATE those thing you guys did done. Could you please help me say "BIG THANK!!! to Justin Case, Vashypooh"

You're my SANTA CLAUS!

Regards,
    Hung

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

To help people easier understand since there is some noob like me. I write down convert step which I did done to make KF be rooted:

Step 1: kindleroot_androidpolice.apk from Justin Case guide
    and install it on KF

Step 2: Run it you will get some message box ask you a few question:

Choose: I agree
    Choose: Case is rock (of course!!)
    Choose: Root.

Then click exit:

Step 3: Download superuser.zip from Justin Case guide
    and unzip it on C:\yourfoldername

Example: C:\RootKF621

Step4: Start >> Run >> cmd

Step5: Type

cd \

Android/platform-tools/

adb kill-server

adb root

adb remount

adb push C:\RootKF621
    \su /system/xbin/su

adb shell chown 0.0 /system/xbin/su

adb shell chmod 06755 /system/xbin/su

adb install C:\RootKF621
    \com.noshufou.android.su-1.apk

adb reboot

Again BIG THANK to Justin Case!!!

Regards,
    Hung
    C:\Users\Pierluigi\Desktop\android\android-sdk\platform-tools>adb root
    * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *

Help me
    ?????????????

Means your adb drivers are not setup properly, or your kindle isnt connected