Need help getting into recovery

Search This thread

raichu1990

Dec 27, 2010
Hello

I just got my Xperia Z2 today and I need help getting into recovery mode. I was able to unlock the bootloader using flashtool and I used the "1-click-cwm-recovery-installer.bat" to install the recovery, which I think was successful. It says that when I turn on the phone, there should be a LED light when the Sony logo appears and then I should press volume up and down a number of times.

My problem is that there is no LED light when I turn on the phone and whenever I repeatedly press the volume buttons during the sony logo, it just boots up as normal. So does anyone have any idea how to access recovery a different way or am I just doing it wrong?

Thanks in advance

raichu1990

Dec 27, 2010
Okay I managed to fix the problem. Turns out the script uses "fastboot flash recovery" rather than "fastboot flash boot", which meant the kernel needed for the recovery was not flashed.

P.S Now that this is solved, how can I close this thread?

prazvt

Aug 9, 2011
SF Bay Area
Okay I managed to fix the problem. Turns out the script uses "fastboot flash recovery" rather than "fastboot flash boot", which meant the kernel needed for the recovery was not flashed.

P.S Now that this is solved, how can I close this thread?

I'm actually having the same problem; I used flashtool to flash the stock .55 image and kernel; I wanted to install root again, but i can't get into recovery - the light doesn't come on when the phone powers up so it just boots like normal. About the only thing I can do is get into 'fastboot' mode.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to re-enable / get into recovery, please?

thanks

Praz