[Evo 3D] Android 4.0 Update Discussion Thread [News/Rumors/Info] [WORKING LEAK]

Search This thread
J

JohnM

rOZh8.png

I've noticed that a bunch of threads about ICS have been popping up lately, most with emails that give little-no information or just people that are asking questions. Since there's been so many of these threads, I decided to make this to help reduce clutter.

Post any news/info/rumors/etc. of our official ICS in this thread.

FACTS/Confirmed

-ICS Confirmed for June release [Source - Engadget/Sprint] (Thanks, t4d73)
-ICS has been leaked
-We will receive Sense 3.6 rather than 4.0

Info on the ICS Leak

An ICS ROM from the Virgin Mobile Evo 3D has been leaked!

Now working on both CDMA and GSM

Installation (once its fixed):
1. Wipe system and data (system recommended, data wipe needed)
2. Flash Firmware: Download Firmware
Note on flashing firmware: It can seriously **** you up. Try flashing without firmware first and see if you have problems. Only flash firmware if it is completely necesarry.
3. Flash ROM
4. Boot

GSM:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/21226-evo...6-android-403/
CDMA:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1634506

Working:
- Everything

Last edited:
K

knowledge561

If it doesn't come out by June/July, it never is. That's my opinion.

K

knowledge561

of course we are going to get it. they have to support our phones for 2 years. there is no question...we will get it. the only thing is, when?

They don't actually HAVE to. They can leave you guys cut and dry for all it matters. If that's the case, I'd be done with HTC.

fade2black101

Jun 18, 2006
North London
We can't be certain about exactly when ICS will come out for our device, but one thing we can be certain of is that a high percentage of the losers/whiney annoying trolls congregate in the EVO 3D section of XDA.

meme405

Dec 2, 2011
Vancouver
There was another one of these and it didnt work. What makes you think this one will stop the trolls from posting a new thread every time they get the same general response to one of their emails to HTC.

Astrikz

Mar 27, 2012
This is the first helpful ICS thread I've found.
Other people keep asking the same questions.
"When will it be released"
Will we get sense 3.6/4.0"
"How long will they take to unlock it"
Pointless threads that just give no actual fact. Lets hope this stops people from posting even more.

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
worst
thread
ever.....

haha jkjk

Glad someone did this. As I mentioned before in one of the others, I was very close to doing one...just keep reporting the other ones that pop up and pstevep or one of the other mods will take em out. Good to have a central location for the info on it and rumors whenever they pop up. Just keep the OP updated...

anyone get ICS yet btw? lol

Reactions: ckoadiyn
M

Montague Fortiscue

I hope everybody knows that this topic is not very different from the past 1000+

I really can't understand what the op wanted to accomplish.

This thread has not added any new information to the table.

I reccomend a quick close/delete.

Last edited:

Lothaen

Jun 4, 2010
plus.google.com
if it helps a colleague just got the ICS update on his o2 branded Sensation this morning... :p

as long as the OP thread title can be updated when its out I can just look at this thread title - so I'm all for having one thread with all the cra... news etc. included, saves me reading about 18,000 threads of the same/misleading info

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 AM ----------

I hope everybody knows that this topic is not very different from the past 1000+

I really can't understand what the op wanted accomplish.

This thread has not added any new information to the table.

I reccomend a quick close/delete.

close and delete ALL other threads and keep one - As far as I can read that is the purpose of this thread - to keep all the stuff to ONE thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    At least a leak or a "We are hoping to have it out by **/**/** but we're not sure.

I see that you've never held a job in a software company before. Doing this would be suicide unless they already have it finished.

Do you people really think there is some sort of conspiracy and they are just holding it back to piss us off? Are you that ignorant? They will release it when its done, and they want it to be finished just as much as we do.
    From Australia Optus website, ICS for EVO 3D in June

http://optus.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/102
    Lol typical yanks think they are the only ones on the planet although we have been here 1000% times longer.. Who gives a **** about American networks....
    News flash: there will be far more unbranded evo 3d's in the wild! Like mine......

Int
    Sent via smoke signals

We "yanks" give a **** about our networks and some of us do care about about those other than Americans....me included. Also, I'll bet if the numbers can be found, you would see there are twice as many CDMA 3ds than GSM......

And seriously? What purpose did this remark even serve! Just goes to show that Americans are not the only ones that can be asses.....
    The one thing that is for certain is the same people that keep making these ridiculous threads are going to be the same people that make threads complaining about ICS when it comes out!
    After this phone, i'll never buy an htc again. The stock rom is smooth like the one i had on my Legend (2 years ago).
    Dual core processor lagging with two widget and a static background means that they didn't work on optimization at all.

I agree, i'm so let down by this phone. I'm really considering going to a nexus s to get me by until i have an upgrade again. Thats what i was gonna buy anyway but the sprint store guy talked me into my evo3d

Agreed. I might just go for SGSIII when its out since HTC made ICS take this long.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

These posts amuse me.

"Meh, I don't like HTC anymore because they don't give me an update! Meh!"

"Herp Derp, I'll never buy another HTC phone, because everyone else gets updates first!"

Do you take the time to understand that the EVO 3D isn't exactly like EVERY OTHER PHONE out there? First of all, it's on Sprint. Sprint will get the update months in advance, and will sit on it to add their stuff to it and/or release it when they feel it needs to be released. Second, it's a 3D phone. It requires just a little more work than your every day smartphone with only a single rear-facing camera. You don't see the LG Thrill (the other 3D smartphone competitor) with Ice Cream Sandwich, do ya?

I'm just as unhappy with the turn around of getting the update as the next person, but do you really think that buying another phone, or going with another brand all together, is really going to hurt HTC? There are people out there right now that bought the EVO 3D, and have absolutely no idea what ICS is, or could even care. Business still goes on as usual.

</rant>