Glass Screen Protector?

Search This thread

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
If anyone finds a Glass Screen Protector for the Flex, please post it here...
I love those things, and, it may be impossible for someone to make one for our curved screens..

thanks!

Tornlogic

Dec 11, 2010
Nothing is impossible, just cost prohibitive.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

Tornlogic

Dec 11, 2010
I dont use screen protectors.

Sent from my Enormous G Flex.

How's that working out for you on the Flex? I was concerned that the screen on the Flex would be softer than a non flexible screen making it more probe to scratches and swirls.

Sent from my LG-D959 using Tapatalk

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I am clumsy, and tend to drop my phone, so I always have at least a cheapo screen protector, and some sort of case/skin on..so far, after 2 days, no drops on this one, but its so slick, its only a matter of time..

sweets55

May 25, 2009
If anyone finds a Glass Screen Protector for the Flex, please post it here...
I love those things, and, it may be impossible for someone to make one for our curved screens..

thanks!
Have you emailed any of the company's and asked if they're making a glass screen protector for the Flex? You could put the email in here maybe so we all can pester them. lol I've never had one but my friend loves them too.

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I contacted Nilkin, a Japanese company who made one for the one max, but haven't heard back yet.
I am not sure that anyone can/will make one, since it might be really difficult to get glass to adhere to a curved screen..

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I think its still too early to assume there wont be any. What most of these accessory companies do now, is wait and see how popular a new phone becomes, before they bother to make anything for it.
Assuming this phone becomes really popular in the next month or so, I think there will be alot more "stuff" for it.

Its really only been out a month or so in the USA..

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I'm kind of surprised what's out in stores already. I remember some stores wouldn't get cases for a month after the phone was out.

Geners

Oct 9, 2010
I got a Skinomi screen guard from Amazon. It Is the nicest protector I've ever used (and I've tried a lot of them). Crystal clear and virtually no orange peel effect. I paid like $5 plus $4 shipping which was super fast. I'm sorry, but i don't have a link. Just Google it. Should pretty easy to find.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I got a Skinomi screen guard from Amazon. It Is the nicest protector I've ever used (and I've tried a lot of them). Crystal clear and virtually no orange peel effect. I paid like $5 plus $4 shipping which was super fast. I'm sorry, but i don't have a link. Just Google it. Should pretty easy to find.
Front and back? Was it easy to put on and does the phone feel less slippery? I read that one of the protectors was coming up on the corners.

Geners

Oct 9, 2010
Front and back? Was it easy to put on and does the phone feel less slippery? I read that one of the protectors was coming up on the corners.

I only bought the screen protector as I'm using a case. I can definitely believe that the corners would peel up on a full body protector. I've experienced that every time I ever used one of those. It was fairly easy to install but try do it somewhere where there's no dust as these are very staticy and instantly attract dust, pet hair, etc. ( I put mine on in the bathroom ) Skinomi's website had a link for a YouTube video with installation instructions.

sweets55

May 25, 2009
I only bought the screen protector as I'm using a case. I can definitely believe that the corners would peel up on a full body protector. I've experienced that every time I ever used one of those. It was fairly easy to install but try do it somewhere where there's no dust as these are very staticy and instantly attract dust, pet hair, etc. ( I put mine on in the bathroom ) Skinomi's website had a link for a YouTube video with installation instructions.
I have 4 dogs yes 4 dogs so would have to go out in the car. lol Thanks

imitenotbecrazy

Nov 9, 2011
Hoping ZAGG comes out with one but I doubt it. Their glass ones for the iPhone and S4 are flexible so they wouldn't be out of the question for the flex. Really easy to put on too as I've done a bunch for customers

sent from the new G Flex

Dvoraak

Feb 14, 2013
Good news y'all. Bodyguardz has a tempered glass screen protector available now. I used their glass protector on my S4 and it was awesome. Already ordered one for my Flex.

Bodyguardz.com

Reactions: sweets55

Dvoraak

Feb 14, 2013
wow, 40 bucks, kinda expensive..
please post back when you get it/install it!

thanks

40's not so bad when you consider it's got all the benefits of glass without the fingerprints :good: Same price I paid for the S4. I'll post again after I get it installed. Just ordered yesterday. Don't know how long they'll take for shipping.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good news y'all. Bodyguardz has a tempered glass screen protector available now. I used their glass protector on my S4 and it was awesome. Already ordered one for my Flex.

Bodyguardz.com
    Did you ever receive your protector?

thanks

Yeah and used it for 24 hours now. It's not as good as it was on my S4. I don't think the surface of the Flex is completely even or uniform in it's curve. Have a couple of bubbles right on the edge where it should be the easiest to squeegee them out. Also it's attracting smudges like plain glass. On my S4 it acted like a matte anti smudge finish even though it was just clear glass. Not so much this time. Hope that helps and hope we get more options in the near future.
    thanks man, i dont need another smudge fest on my phone!
    I assume you do NOT recommend it then?

No.... surely you can find better things to use 40 bucks on. Good luck with the hunt. I'm looking at Boxwave protectors now.

As a sidenote.... this experience is gonna have me thinking twice about my next phone and whether to stick with popular models that are guaranteed a lot of quality accessories. Be so much easier if I wasn't disgusted with Samsung right now.
    Man please! did you guys notice its only rated at 3H on the hardness scale! As long as I have been using tempered glass protectors, they have all been 8H or 9H. For $40 bucks they are ripping people off with a average product at a premium price.
    no, but it looks interesting; especially the fact you can go to a kiosk in a mall and have them install it..
    If you try it, let us know, ok?

I had it on the my other phones like the hoxl and Sr but not the flex. Its pretty nice. It also have a lifetime guarantee but you have to pay like 20 bucks to get it fixed.

Sent from my LG-D950 using Tapatalk