SM-P905V (VERIZON) Rooted!!!!

Search This thread

rogerwalker22

Sep 15, 2008
Tampa, FL
If I do this will it keep the tablet from taking updates. In the past I did not care to much since there were always Roms out there but with this Tab it seems no Roms are coming anytime soon.

Yeah I have the same problem. Hopefully the ball will get rolling soon with some development

Sent from my RAW Samsung Galaxy Pro 12.2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
astonished, this works!! awesome.....i donated a little as well. Thank you for doing this. Now we just need TWRP. I'm sure the peeps that love making ROMs even without the device as long as they know it has a working recovery will build something if we take up a pool or something. I am very grateful. I got it day 1 and was waiting for this.......1 down...I want to use darkhorse apps and I need a custom recovery to flash them. I look forward. thank you

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
My tablet P905v Verizon just updated. Now I had previously rooted via towel root V3 when I was on the previous firmware. All was well. When I was messing with pen window, trying to add all apps, I someone soft brick it, so I reOdined the original software then accepted the recent update which happened to be the NE4. I have rerun towel root v3 and all is working. No issues, official and no Knox trip. I used Wanam to alter the multi window apps. All is good. I don't have the firmware by itself, sorry if I was misleading. I guess I should have explained.

TWRP would be nice.

I have unzipped some of dark horse apps and just manually pasted the apk in priv-app folder and changed permission in root explorer and have had some small success.

We need custom recovery at the least to install adblockers, custom s-pen, and custom themes. I know a themer willing to work on this for us

Sent from my SM-P905V using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Tigerstown

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
My tablet P905v Verizon just updated. Now I had previously rooted via towel root V3 when I was on the previous firmware. All was well. When I was messing with pen window, trying to add all apps, I someone soft brick it, so I reOdined the original software then accepted the recent update which happened to be the NE4. I have rerun towel root v3 and all is working. No issues, official and no Knox trip. I used Wanam to alter the multi window apps. All is good. I don't have the firmware by itself, sorry if I was misleading. I guess I should have explained.

TWRP would be nice.

I have unzipped some of dark horse apps and just manually pasted the apk in priv-app folder and changed permission in root explorer and have had some small success.

We need custom recovery at the least to install adblockers, custom s-pen, and custom themes. I know a themer willing to work on this for us

So when u rooted it. All u do is download towelroot apk an then open it click make it rain?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
Yes, press 3 times. You need to add 738 before the 0, before 4. Somehow that was left out of the code that pops up. Once you enter the code correctly all works fine.

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
Yes, press 3 times. You need to add 738 before the 0, before 4. Somehow that was left out of the code that pops up. Once you enter the code correctly all works fine.

I see. As I definitely didn't change no code but I did tap 3 times an a white box came up with numbers in it. An it just shut down my device. Lol. I'll try that when I get home. Thanks.....maybe you help this longgg time HTC contributor/user with one more question.. HTC I have to s-off to enable write-protection is this not the case with Samsung? Also with HTC I can pull the firmware.zip from ota an update firmware myself via fastboot if I root this can manual install new firmware/radios etc on Samsung?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
Download Towelroot version 3 from http://towelroot.com/

Install and open, click "welcome to towelroot v3" 3 times and enter text: 1337 0 1 7380 4 0

Install Super User https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu

Firmware is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d...NB1_617169_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.zip

you will then have root:

Just do it again, no need to wait. Mine rebooted until I noticed the full code wasn't populated for me.

1337 0 1 7380 4 0

You are probably missing the 738, so add it in the correct spot and you are good to go

kest874

Oct 14, 2011

TWRP would be nice.

Can you screen capture the "About" screen and post it?

rogerwalker22

Sep 15, 2008
Tampa, FL
This is mine

Sent from my SM-P905V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1405554123563.jpg
    1405554123563.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 905
Reactions: aburns7487

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
Here's my about device screenshot. Newest Verizon firmware and rooted without tripping knox (just delete knox stuff in titanium back up, freeze SDM and free security updates) after you root with towelroot v3

Attachments

• 1405568306836.jpg
    1405568306836.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 651

kest874

Oct 14, 2011
Here's my about device screenshot. Newest Verizon firmware and rooted without tripping knox (just delete knox stuff in titanium back up, freeze SDM and free security updates) after you root with towelroot v3

Must not be patched to fix the vulnerability. I'll download the firmware and post it.

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
Great post...well someone else posted the original firmware so if by chance you jacked it up then restart, that's what I did when I decided to mess with pen window manger and try and make all apps avail.

Now I'm able to make all available on MultiWindow via wanam. All works

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

kest874

Oct 14, 2011
Great post...well someone else posted the original firmware so if by chance you jacked it up then restart, that's what I did when I decided to mess with pen window manger and try and make all apps avail.

Now I'm able to make all available on MultiWindow via wanam. All works

I posted the original firmware. Just the ANE4 firmware is not avaliable for download.

aburns7487

Mar 14, 2011
Some shared the ne4 update zip along with the firmware you provided so that is best we can do if something goes wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download Towelroot version 3 from http://towelroot.com/

Install and open, click "welcome to towelroot v3" 3 times and enter text: 1337 0 1 7380 4 0

Install Super User https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu

Firmware is located here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d...NB1_617169_REV02_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.zip

Firmware update to ANE4: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yilad35edwsju1n/ANE4_update.zip

you will then have root:
    Protect Root

To protect Root:

Rename or freeze SDM and Security policy updates SPD_v2_1312_2_1
    Using Kies I have the Verizon firmware downloaded now in case anyone needs it.
    Flashed fine and still nothing. I had a beam of hope when it rebooted at 15%, which it didnt do before. Still nothing though. Maybe over the weekend I'll play with it more.

Mine rebooted twice at 15%. The third time I opened the app after reboot and it got to 17% is when I obtained root.
    Note Pro 12.2 5.1.1 Rooted!

I've successfully rooted the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 on android 5.1.1 using the latest updated KingRoot. The 1st time I tried to root, kingroot rebooted my note pro twice around 15% and 17% then failed around 20%. I then rebooted the device to try to root again and to my suprise I see the samsung splashscreen with the custom unlocked logo instead of the regular splash screen. This lead me to the google play store to download the root checker app, which when ran, showed I did not have root. I rebooted again and the custom logo was gone, which lead me to try to root again with kingroot, with no success.... Yet i saw the custom logo again. On my 3rdtry with kingroot, after the second reboot at 17% i saw the custom logo again. This time instead of opening king root to see if it had finished, i went straight to the root checker app. After hitting verify root, the kingroot popup appeared asking if i wanted to give rootchecker root access!!!! Which i obviously agreed to. This led to a successful root on my Samsung Note Pro 12.2 on 5.1.1 . Im not sure if opening the root checker app durring root installation helped or not, but that is what worked for me. I was successfully able to remove verizon bloatwear from my tablet, and now depend on kingroot for root access for apps. I tried uninstalling kingroot and replacing with supersu with no success. But its ROOTED on 5.1.1 Finally !!!!!!!