[ROM] Sprint 2.27.651.6 STOCK Deoxed + ODEX w/A2SD 2.7.5_pf4a |8/6/2010|

Search This thread

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
I just flashed the deodexed version and noticed the internal memory for apps is drastically lower than the regular stock 2.1 rom can anyone tell me why this is? Any help is greatly appreciated

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Oh ok that makes total sense sorry ahead of time I'm a noob at this. So if I use the odex version ill get all that internal mem back? And I want to try jit but read that it doesn't like HTC stuff like the lock screen and what not so should I not use it if I plan on keeping the HTC stuff? And one more question while I'm talking to someone with experience if i want to nandroid between roms do i need to wipe everything? thanks again for the help!

googleguy

May 20, 2010
Joplin, Missouri
Noob question here: If there is an issue when flashing a rom and you need to get back to recovery, is it better to use adb to reboot into revcovery or a key sequence (turn on+menu?)? I had an issue once before and ended up booting into the green/white HTC boot screen (no real options). Thanks in advance for putting up with the newbie question

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
Noob question here: If there is an issue when flashing a rom and you need to get back to recovery, is it better to use adb to reboot into revcovery or a key sequence (turn on+menu?)? I had an issue once before and ended up booting into the green/white HTC boot screen (no real options). Thanks in advance for putting up with the newbie question

the easiest is thru adb just type this
Code:
adb shell reboot recovery
that will take you right into recovery

tailsthecat3

Jun 28, 2010
NC
xda has some nice people here. i only just got into modding android at the end of april'ish. most of the people on here answered my questions accurately and with much detail. without all the 'search the forum' and condescending remarks. rare to find these days on message boards...or ten years ago. xda is a good place to be. if it were a real place to hang out...i cant even imagine it. like a big ass ball pit.

on topic: nfinite does good work. my .6odex version is blazing fast after i oc'd it and deleted a bunch of useless stuff...

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Oh ok that makes total sense sorry ahead of time I'm a noob at this. So if I use the odex version ill get all that internal mem back? And I want to try jit but read that it doesn't like HTC stuff like the lock screen and what not so should I not use it if I plan on keeping the HTC stuff? And one more question while I'm talking to someone with experience if i want to nandroid between roms do i need to wipe everything? thanks again for the help!

tailsthecat3

Jun 28, 2010
NC

when i do a nandroid restore, i often wipe dalvik and cache and then choose to restore. i dont think its necessary to wipe but i do. i may be wrong but i think deodex roms free up internal memory; it could very well be the other way around. JIT can be tricky. could take multiple reboots to get it to settle in. it may not work at all and cause random reboots, boot loops, fc's, etc.
I hope i gave you SOME information. Im not a pro by any means.

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Thanks for your help man I really appreciate it...nfinitefx told me that the deodexed uses less rom but more ram and i only have a class two mem card so im not planning on using apps2sd...so you dont wipe data just cache and dalvik?

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Hey nfinitefx I am trying to download your odexed rom but it keeps getting all the way to the end and says download unsuccessful what do I do?

tailsthecat3

Jun 28, 2010
NC
Thanks for your help man I really appreciate it...nfinitefx told me that the deodexed uses less rom but more ram and i only have a class two mem card so im not planning on using apps2sd...so you dont wipe data just cache and dalvik?

I wipe data/cache and dalvik. the top two options in 1.6.2 recovery. think its wipe factory and wipe dalvik.

metal666fukhead

May 2, 2010
Is anyone else having problems downloading the odex version my phone keeps saying download unsuccessful but everything else downloads fine I've tried restarting and it still doesn't work! Please help I love sense and I love nfinitefx's roms!

c00ller

Jun 10, 2010
OK I'm having some very strange issues. I'm using LauncherPro. For some reason only when I'm at the homescreen, my green call button, menu, search button, and track ball will stop working. Touch screen input remains fine. After some time all the buttons will stop working again. I thought maybe it was because I modified /system/usr/keylayout/heroc-keypad.kl but I pushed the original file and the issue remains. Logcat isn't even registering anything when I'm pressing these buttons.

I just figured out how to replicate it. While on any home screen, if I move my trackball, it will select one of the icons, but I can't keep moving the trackball to move to other icons.. it just stays put as if the trackball stops working as well. Then my buttons will not work. If I change to a different home screen, the buttons work again. However if I move my track ball, the buttons won't work and I'll have to move to another home screen.

The following appears sometimes, but not every time the buttons aren't working.
Code:
W/KeyCharacterMap(  276): Bad keycharmap - filesize=32
W/KeyCharacterMap(  276): Error loading keycharmap file '/system/usr/keychars/heroc-keypad.kcm.bin'. hw.keyboards.0.devname='heroc-keypad'
W/KeyCharacterMap(  276): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

This issue came up only after I flashed the newest de-odex.

Edit: just tried pushing the original /system/usr/keychars/heroc-keypad.kcm.bin from the ROM zip, rebooted, didn't work either..

Last edited:

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
OK I'm having some very strange issues. I'm using LauncherPro. For some reason only when I'm at the homescreen, my green call button, menu, search button, and track ball will stop working. Touch screen input remains fine. After some time all the buttons will stop working again. I thought maybe it was because I modified /system/usr/keylayout/heroc-keypad.kl but I pushed the original file and the issue remains. Logcat isn't even registering anything when I'm pressing these buttons.

I just figured out how to replicate it. While on any home screen, if I move my trackball, it will select one of the icons, but I can't keep moving the trackball to move to other icons.. it just stays put as if the trackball stops working as well. Then my buttons will not work. If I change to a different home screen, the buttons work again. However if I move my track ball, the buttons won't work and I'll have to move to another home screen.

The following appears sometimes, but not every time the buttons aren't working.
Code:
W/KeyCharacterMap(  276): Bad keycharmap - filesize=32
W/KeyCharacterMap(  276): Error loading keycharmap file '/system/usr/keychars/heroc-keypad.kcm.bin'. hw.keyboards.0.devname='heroc-keypad'
W/KeyCharacterMap(  276): Using default keymap: /system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

This issue came up only after I flashed the newest de-odex.

Edit: just tried pushing the original /system/usr/keychars/heroc-keypad.kcm.bin from the ROM zip, rebooted, didn't work either..

try a different launcher like awd or rosie even and see if the problem still persists, if it doesnt I would uninstall launcher pro, and reinstall it to see if it corrects it

dvdqnoc

Apr 11, 2010
so i've been have just a tad bit of trouble with random freeze/reboots every now and then... could that be from the JIT?

if i disable jit, what will i lose exactly? would i experience a noticable different in performance without jit? I'm thinking about disabling it...

nfinitefx45

Apr 12, 2010
Abingdon, MD.
so i've been have just a tad bit of trouble with random freeze/reboots every now and then... could that be from the JIT?

if i disable jit, what will i lose exactly? would i experience a noticable different in performance without jit? I'm thinking about disabling it...

Yes this is more than likely an issue with jit, just run the disable jit zip and reboot. You will not lose anything. You can enable and diable at will there is no loss of information.

Kelvala

Nov 9, 2009

It happened to me too. I disabled JIT and all is fine. I remember many moons ago there was an issue with JIT and HTC's "stuff". I also remember other people stopped using HTC's "stuff" (launcher, widgets, etc...) and all went smooth. I don't know how much has changed, but for me "disabled" works best.

Also, for those that reboot into recovery alot, I use this app (sorry if it's been mentioned before)...

Quickboot:
** Root access to your phone is required to use this app. **

Quickly and easily reboot your phone or boot your phone into recovery or bootloader mode. Create shortcuts on your home screen to boot into a specific mode / normally with one click.

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/tools/quick-boot_bajm.html

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wiped dalvik after flashing and still no luck. Doing this method for both kernels I mentioned in previous post and both never got past the HTC screen, given 5-7 minutes for each. Again backed up to prev nandroid+ext backup.

So could it really just be my chipset? What about the recovery I am using, which is 1.5.2 (not the 1.6.2)?

Your recovery has nothing to do with whether or not your phone can run an OC kernel. Using v1.5.2 is fine -- I still am using it myself.

As much as this might suck for you, it likely is just the chipset of your particular phone that doesn't like or can't handle an OC kernel. A previous suggestion of removing the back battery cover could help you boot up, but that probably isn't guaranteed to work every time and I think you'd find that most reboots will still be an annoying process of trial and error and crossing your fingers.

One very stable ROM running on an older more stable OC kernel is the ZenEXP ROM. You may try that and see if your phone likes that one. But it's not Sprint-based so it lacks a lot of the stock Sprint stuff that this and other Sprint-based ROMs have.

(Sorry for promoting another ROM in this thread. Just offering a helpful suggestion for our friend here, not intending to hijack.)
    Re: [ROM] Sprint 2.27.651.6 STOCK Deoxed w/apps2sd 6/15/2010

I copied the OMADM.adk file to my tools directory in the android-sdk folder and then ran

adb remount
    adb push OMADM.apk /system/app/OMADM.apk

Do you have to reboot after wards, I am still at 60664

That just pushes the apk to ur phone. U still have to run the prl, pri, update through ur phone found in the about phone tab in settings.
    -------------------------------------
    Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App