Prestigio PAP4040 Duo

Search This thread

JoleVK

Mar 21, 2013
4040 battery

Where to buy Battery for prestigio 4040 online? original or oem version whatever... i see that mobile rebranded O+ 8.5

sorry for bad english

bubimir13

Jun 26, 2008
Kutina
Is there any 4040 kernel? cuz seems to my my phone runs on performance gouvernor at 1ghz all the time, no wonder my battery drowns in matter of hours

baluuu

Mar 21, 2012
Is there any 4040 kernel? cuz seems to my my phone runs on performance gouvernor at 1ghz all the time, no wonder my battery drowns in matter of hours
Im currently using LeWa OS from here http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=464688&st=940#entry26237909 I get a full day of heavy usage and 2-3 days battery when im only using the phone for calls and messeges (lots of messeges and ~hour call time). The boot.img of the rom is eddited to be 500 min 1000 max ondemand and has added init.d enabled. There are also moded stock roms on that forum but i like lewa better. If you dont want to change the whole rom you can probably try and flash the boot img only should work with all stock roms too. Other way is root and install no frills to set the governor to ondemand but the moded boot.img seems to kontroll the scaling much better. Hope i helped somewhat :)

bubimir13

Jun 26, 2008
Kutina
I tried with no frills, rooted it and i changed to ondemand but it wont change for some reason, always is performance and processor working 100% on 1ghz. Im not a fan of modded ROMs, like it the way it is shipped, so im interested in the idea of boot.img changing, any tutorial for this exclusively for 4040? Thanks for help btw

revetinja

Nov 5, 2013
Please, can someone help me.. i rooted my phone yesterday, deleted apps like prestigio ebook reader, installer prestigio and so.. I did backup on Titanium because i wanted to do factory reset.. today I did factory reset of my phone, and it turns on with prestigio wizard, but wizards stops at wifi settings, and i can't bypass it, it just starts from the beginning. PLEASE, PLEASE, IT'S URGENT, I NEED SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS, STEP BY STEP.. I tryed to unroot my phone, but unsuccessful.. i can't use my phone now!

lolerpro8

Jan 14, 2013
Please, can someone help me.. i rooted my phone yesterday, deleted apps like prestigio ebook reader, installer prestigio and so.. I did backup on Titanium because i wanted to do factory reset.. today I did factory reset of my phone, and it turns on with prestigio wizard, but wizards stops at wifi settings, and i can't bypass it, it just starts from the beginning. PLEASE, PLEASE, IT'S URGENT, I NEED SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS, STEP BY STEP.. I tryed to unroot my phone, but unsuccessful.. i can't use my phone now!

Pull down the statusbar and go to settings > apps > all and force close(and if you can disable) the prestigio wizard

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

velniuxs

Dec 10, 2013
Pull down the statusbar and go to settings > apps > all and force close(and if you can disable) the prestigio wizard

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

I have the same problem. After factory reset i stuck on prestigio wizard with the same message "unfortunately, prestigioWizard has stopped".
In the setting I can only stop prestigiowizard, but I can't disable it. Disable button isn't active.
What you suggest to do next?

lolerpro8

Jan 14, 2013
I have the same problem. After factory reset i stuck on prestigio wizard with the same message "unfortunately, prestigioWizard has stopped".
In the setting I can only stop prestigiowizard, but I can't disable it. Disable button isn't active.

If you have twrp delete it after mounting system.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

bubimir13

Jun 26, 2008
Kutina

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9dhL5YP1096LUZETFREVkJXalk/edit?usp=sharing

Download this pack of original stock apps, install prestigio installer again, hopefully you have an backup with CWM so you can install it. After installing try to hard reset it and it should work. It worked for me as i realised that wizard always stops when you should get the apps for install, for which is prestigio installer responsible. good luck

Reactions: alenvelic

alenvelic

Apr 10, 2014
helppp

I have the same problem. how to solve it

marinro

Mar 21, 2010
pap duo4044 dead

I have formated my papduo 4044 with sp flash tool and now is dead.please help me to reflash it

[Request] Complete stock ROM?

Hi, so I'm new member in this website, but i've been here for a long time searching for stuff.

But now, I have a problem with my Prestigio PAP4040 Duo.

So, i've rooted it and i've got a CWM Recovery. I had a backup, but somewhy backup got messed up and doesn't recover /system.
I've been using Xposed tools, and it got messed up, soft-bricking my smartphone
Later, i've found MIUI for this phone, which works fine and stuff, but I miss a lot of features from stock ROM, for example, scheduled power on/off, which really saved me a LOT of battery life. So, I want to get complete stock ROM for this device (preferably from service center), but all the links in this topic are dead. All links i've found got me redirected here.

P.S. Yes, i know how to flash ROMs, all I need is complete stock ROM.

Thanks.

bubimir13

Jun 26, 2008
Kutina
Hi, so I'm new member in this website, but i've been here for a long time searching for stuff.

But now, I have a problem with my Prestigio PAP4040 Duo.

So, i've rooted it and i've got a CWM Recovery. I had a backup, but somewhy backup got messed up and doesn't recover /system.
I've been using Xposed tools, and it got messed up, soft-bricking my smartphone
Later, i've found MIUI for this phone, which works fine and stuff, but I miss a lot of features from stock ROM, for example, scheduled power on/off, which really saved me a LOT of battery life. So, I want to get complete stock ROM for this device (preferably from service center), but all the links in this topic are dead. All links i've found got me redirected here.

P.S. Yes, i know how to flash ROMs, all I need is complete stock ROM.

Thanks.

Go to this site using translator and create an account. You will be able to download all the files from there (skačati!!) as Russians went pretty far with development of this phone. Sadly, no kernel and 4.1+ ROMS yet and i fear there wont be any in near future

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=434639

Last edited:

koopus

Oct 1, 2014
Will there EVER be Jelly Bean for this?

Is there anybody working on this device?I am so annoyed with the current OS:
-Extreme lag & irresponsiveness
-Generates huge thumbnail files(Solved)
-Had to root it in order to remove "PrestigioWizard.apk" (The one that Force Closed)
-Unable to handle basic operations such as watching a video,browsing, etc. (Note that I've removed ALL bloatware)
-LeWa is utter sh*t,looks extremely ugly and "Chinese"(Unfortunately,it's probably one of the only ROMs for it.)
-Random reboots and battery drains (Drops to 1% after reboot sometimes...)
-No Google Now support. I've downloaded & installed Google Now through a mod,but it is really outdated.
Will there EVER be any jelly bean release,at least buggy...but usable?
Please guys! :fingers-crossed:
If a JB rom ever appears on here,I will mod it. :D
Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a quick update

I'll put my ClockWork Mod builds for PAP4300 and PAP4040 to my server. Can't post any links here yet, so be sure to check the link from t830mc's previous post.

For now, only 2 quick builds made using kitchen plugin for mt6575 are available.
    This is all pre-alpha, not mounting anything properly, so it's pretty much useless for end users.
    However, adb works fine for me (tested only on PAP4040), so I can mount and do what's needed.

I'm testing things for model 4040 myself, but can't test for model 4300 because I don't have that device, so be sure to let us all know if it works or not.
    If anyone would like to know, I've managed to root the phone using following "n00b" steps:
    1. Step

- download, install and run SuperOneClick v2.3.3.
    - make sure you have USB debugging mode on
    - plug in USB cable and click root.
    - the program will ask you to install drivers.
    - install them even if they are not signatured by Microsoft.
    - after you installed all the drivers, restart computer

2. Step
    - download and install this http://www.4shared.com/dir/RR8GM4vj/_online.html
    - run runme.bat
    - choose 1) Normal
    - follow the instructions
    - make sure you hit restore button on your device when prompted
    - phone will reboot twice, don't worry

Enjoy your rooted device!!!
    Credits to bin4ry for creating the method.

If you like my post, thank me :)
    Hello i am new user from Bulgaria and i have Prestigio PAP4040 Duo with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwitch.Can I flash my phone with the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean and how can i choose the right ROM for my phone.Is the Jelly Bean going well?Sorry for the BAD English.
    Hello, can someone please refute the fact that this phone does not work on applications that use google maps: Meteor, Everytrail, TripJournal, Geocaching (official), etc.?

Support Prestigio me referring to the producers of these programs.
    One of the programmers wrote me that the problem is in the poor implementation of Android, which must be repaired by Prestigio.

So a vicious circle and I do not work on this phone programs that use Google Maps. One user malfunction layers above the map also confirmed.

Thanks

Root
    Android 4.0.4
    PAP4040DUO20121101.V1.0.10

There is a bug in system folder just copy two files from frameworks to framework dir and reboot

Sent from my PAP4040_DUO using xda app-developers app
    http://forum.china-iphone.ru/viewtopic.php?t=18750&p=604542
    here is this mod it took some time to find it 2 time :)

btw this ftp address i trace while the ota was downloading update