FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HowTo] Root/Unroot Samsung Galaxy W (I8150)

393 posts
Thanks Meter: 710
 
By THE-E, Senior Member on 24th October 2011, 01:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2012, 04:59 PM |#21  
THE-E's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 710
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupez80

ive tried recovery method but still no root access (no problem when doing recovery method / success ).
Baseband=I8150DXKL1
Kernel=I8150DXLA2

That's strange. Are you using the stock recovery or CWM/RZ Recovery ?

If you are using the stock recovery, you can give it a try withUnlockRoot.com

If you aren't using stock recovery and you want to root it via recovery, than here is a [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1467128"]HowTo[URL]
Don't download a firmware. Scroll down to Others and choose the stock recovery and flash it via ODIN.
Than apply the root update.zip via stock recovery.

I would like to find out, what causes this issue. For me rooting via recovery worked without a problem.

greets

THE-E
The Following User Says Thank You to THE-E For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift THE-E Ad-Free
 
 
31st January 2012, 09:45 PM |#22  
Junior Member
Flag Liège
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Just tried to root mine but doesn't work too

Only tried UnlockRoot method with 2.3.6/XXLA2/StockRom but i get "FAIL TO GET SHELL ROOT"
2nd February 2012, 09:07 AM |#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy Galaxy W
Hello all!
After the last update through KIES, no one way to root does not work.
Sorry for my English.

Baseband version
2.3.6 I8150XXKL3

Build number
GINGERBREAD.XXLA2
2nd February 2012, 11:22 AM |#24  
andynroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Klang Valley
Thanks Meter: 446
 
Donate to Me
More
One quickie method use Odin n flash back stock 2.3.5 n root again

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda premium
2nd February 2012, 02:55 PM |#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE-E

That's strange. Are you using the stock recovery or CWM/RZ Recovery ?

If you are using the stock recovery, you can give it a try withUnlockRoot.com

If you aren't using stock recovery and you want to root it via recovery, than here is a [URL="http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1467128"]HowTo[URL]
Don't download a firmware. Scroll down to Others and choose the stock recovery and flash it via ODIN.
Than apply the root update.zip via stock recovery.

I would like to find out, what causes this issue. For me rooting via recovery worked without a problem.

greets

THE-E

ive tried both ways still no luck getting root access im using stock recovery
2nd February 2012, 06:11 PM |#26  
THE-E's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 710
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogiee

Hello all!
After the last update through KIES, no one way to root does not work.
Sorry for my English.

Baseband version
2.3.6 I8150XXKL3

Build number
GINGERBREAD.XXLA2

This is strange, because I have the same version and updated via OTA. I rooted successfully via recovery.

So Unlockroot.com seems also not working 100% of the times.

I am not sure what causes this error.

@Devs does anybody know which part can cause this error? Is it maybe kernel, recovery, etc ?

My first intention would be: flash the stock recovery from an older version. I have posted it in this thread. It is in the Other section.

greets

THE-E
2nd February 2012, 07:59 PM |#27  
Junior Member
Flag Liège
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Wink
Good news,

I have tried the recovery and it worked for me (I'm da supa user now !)

But I have a question :

I've tried to delete samsung app with go launcher and still cannot do it

Having rooted phone isn't enough ?
2nd February 2012, 08:14 PM |#28  
THE-E's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 710
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryas

I've tried to delete samsung app with go launcher and still cannot do it

Having rooted phone isn't enough ?

No, you will need the app Titanium Backup. But I would advice you not to delete any apps without being 100% sure it is not needed for the Samsung Galaxy Wonder, Android could get into a bootloop.

Atleast make a Backup with ClockWorkMod before deinstalling stock software, so you can restore.

greets

THE-E
The Following User Says Thank You to THE-E For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift THE-E Ad-Free
2nd February 2012, 08:26 PM |#29  
Junior Member
Flag Liège
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Ok, thanks for the info mate.

Hope, sh*t things like Game/social hub, weather.com, ... are not absolutely needed for the galaxy W
2nd February 2012, 08:42 PM |#30  
irishpancake's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Small Village
Thanks Meter: 290
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryas

Ok, thanks for the info mate.

Hope, sh*t things like Game/social hub, weather.com, ... are not absolutely needed for the galaxy W

You can "freeze" those with Titanium BU Pro paid for, or Gemini App Manager free from Market.......this is good App, with loads of options!!

Also, System App Remover

But there is a list somewhere on here of Apps it is safe to remove, and those not safe, just search!!

Be careful......
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to irishpancake For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift irishpancake Ad-Free
3rd February 2012, 04:01 PM |#31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
i tried recovery method once again and succedd
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes