[Theme .zip and metamorph] Community Hero Mix

You won't update to the latest rom unless you see a compatible theme first!

• Total voters
Search This thread

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
2a7wu9s.png

First of all. I know that everyone's time is precious and valuable but so is mine! I spend HUNDREDS of hours making this theme work for everyone and trying to keep it updated and I have only recieved maybe $40 in total donations... total. So I'm practically doing this for free. So at the very least, I ask that you read ALL of the information included in this post.
If you ask me a question that is answered in this first post I will NOT reply!
In fact... you're post will probably be removed! If you cannot take five minutes to read the requirements then you should not be installing this theme, thus you should not be posting anything here regarding problems or issues pertaining to it. Clear? Good! Now to move on.

In hopes to lessen the confusion for the Community Hero Mix I thought that it would be best to start over from scratch. The previous thread for the Community Hero Mix located here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=5833312 will soon be has been closed.

I realize that this may confuse some of you so I ask that you bare with us during this transition. The reason we (Nabzilla1990 and myself) opted for this is because in the past in the above mentioned thread I would have to add my contributions as a new post and routinely post duplicate threads for anyone just joining. So if a thread is 158 pages long it's a bit inconvenient to ask someone to check on page 83 for my version of the Community Hero Mix. Very annoying. So this is was my idea. Posts 1 and 2 will be for Community Hero Mix Binary100100 version and posts 3 and 4 will be reserved for Nabzilla's new releases. For each new release we simply need to update the post.
This is a work in progress, we appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience and confusion that this may cause. And yes... some of you may want to change the links in your signature fairly soon. To make it easy I had taken the liberty to use TinyURL.com to make one short and sweet. http://tinyurl.com/chmtheme

Update: Nabzilla1990 went and got himself a NexusOne so I doubt that he'll be posting any more updates.

reposted from original page #175
Here is my version of the Community Hero Mix. This is not the official Nabzilla release. For Nabzilla's release check here or down to post #3.

Always do a backup before doing any modifications to your device!
You will see the theme.theme in framework. Don't worry. It won't hurt your theme. This is for the Cyanogen Updater app (edit: finished uploading to updater app @ 0530 7/11/10.)
Set your directory to:
or use this QR Code
(must have Barcode Scanner installed from Market)

img.php

Enjoy!

Community Hero Mix for Cyanogen's 6.1.0 rom for G1/MyTouch/MyTouch 1.2/Fender devices. All other devices and roms are unsupported by this theme.

You would be wise to make a nandroid backup prior to flashing anything found within this post.

To download click the disclaimers below

For Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 4.2 for CyanogenMod 6.1.0
md5: not yet calculated
"I accept the fact that if I do not know what I am doing or how to apply this theme modification then I will research first before asking any questions and will in no way shape or form hold anyone with the exception of myself liable for any damages that which may occur. I understand that I should do a backup prior to clicking and downloading any links and files within this post. I also understand that I am chosing on my own will to continue at my own risk."

For Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 4.1 for CyanogenMod 6.1.0-RC1
"I accept the fact that if I do not know what I am doing or how to apply this theme modification then I will research first before asking any questions and will in no way shape or form hold anyone with the exception of myself liable for any damages that which may occur. I understand that I should do a backup prior to clicking and downloading any links and files within this post. I also understand that I am chosing on my own will to continue at my own risk."

Change Log:
Oh my God! Where to start?
  • Browser
  • ADWLauncher
  • Gmail
  • Messaging app
  • Settings
  • Calendar
  • Calculator
  • Camera
  • Contacts
  • DeskClock (so 'Set Alarm for...' works) (time is also green)
  • Email
  • Gallery3D
  • Music
  • Phone
  • QuickSearchBox
  • Sound Recorder
  • framework (of course) some specifics are:
    • New animations,
    • XML edits to get green progress bars,
    • volume bar
    • text highlight/select. Still working on the rest. (thanks for the help JAguirre)
    • Many png and .9.png files revamped for improvement (thanks JAguirre)
    • Many png files were optimized for compression without quality loss
    • and so much more
  • The update-script was upgraded to updater-script for a much cleaner, smoother, faster and safer installation! (thanks RichieDaze!)
  • Optimized the layout of the installation. /framework and /app is now both under /system
  • Installable theme in CyanogenMod Settings (User interface -> Tweaks extras -> Select a theme)
  • Much more than I can even remember at this point.

Also check out the Community Hero Mix wallpaper app attached at the bottom! Contributed by a few of the members and all rolled up into one installable app consisting of over 100 wallpapers! (based off CMWallpaper app source).

OLD STUFF

Here is my Community Hero Mix for Cyanogen's Froyo 6.0.0-RC1, RC2, RC3 and Stable rom for G1/MyTouch/MyTouch 1.2/Fender devices. All other devices and roms are unsupported by this theme.

HEADS UP!
WHEN INSTALLING COMMUNITY HERO MIX IT WILL SAY THAT IT'S DELETING FILES!
DO NOT FREAK OUT!
DO NOT INTERRUPT IT!
I'M NOT TRYING TO BREAK YOUR PHONE!
IT'S NOT A VIRUS!
(click here for additional information)

You would be wise to make a nandroid backup prior to flashing anything found within this post.

For Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 4.0 for CyanogenMod 6 (STABLE)

Community Hero Mix 4.0 (for Cyanogen 6.0.0 D/S)
Change log:
I themed the:
  • ADWLauncher
  • Camera
  • CyanogenSettings
  • Contacts/Phone
  • DeskClock
  • Gmail
  • Messaging
  • Settings (to include menus and Power Control Widget)
  • and Framework obviously
  • I added the modified DeskClock app so that the voice command for "set alarm..." will work and the the clock is now green instead of cyan (night light clock or screensaver or whatever you want to call it)
  • And I left my own backup of cmparts_ui.xml on the root directory of your sdcard. What does this do? Go to Settings, CyanogenMod Settings, User Interface, Tweaks extras, Import colors from XML. This will automatically set your text in the notification bar to white after you apply and reboot. Do you already have yours set the way that you want it? Simply go here and select Export colors to XML to overwrite the settings that I put there. I did this so that I won't have to explain how to set up the white text after applying the theme.

Community Hero Mix 4.0+ update-script
Code:
delete SYSTEM:app/ADWLauncher.apk
delete SYSTEM:app/Camera.apk
delete SYSTEM:app/CMParts.apk
delete SYSTEM:app/Contacts.apk
delete SYSTEM:app/DeskClock.apk
delete SYSTEM:app/Gmail.apk
delete SYSTEM:app/Mms.apk
delete SYSTEM:app/Music.apk
delete SYSTEM:app/Phone.apk
delete SYSTEM:app/Settings.apk
delete SYSTEM:app/SoundRecorder.apk
delete SYSTEM:framework/framework-res.apk
delete SYSTEM:media/bootanimation.zip
copy_dir PACKAGE:app SYSTEM:app
copy_dir PACKAGE:fonts SYSTEM:fonts
copy_dir PACKAGE:framework SYSTEM:framework
copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:
copy_dir PACKAGE:sdcard SDCARD:

For Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 3.3 for CyanogenMod 6-RC3

I cannot promise that the Metamorph version will work. Use at your own risk!
Metamorph Version for CyanogenMod 6-RC3

For Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 3.2 for CyanogenMod 6-RC2
md5: 06d9d6937694037b223707958846a56c

Community Hero Mix for Cyanogen's 6.0.0-RC1 rom

For Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 3.0 for CyanogenMod 6-RC1
md5: 7950e35d36813b072fb66141eb559052

MetaMorph Version of Community Hero Mix

Here is an experimental version of a Community Hero Mix for CyanogenMod-6.
I cannot promise stability or functionality. Use at your own risk.
To download click the attachment below or the disclosure that follows.

Community Hero Mix for Cyanogen's 5.0.8 rom

Here is my Community Hero Mix for Cyanogen's Eclair 5.0.8 rom for G1/MyTouch/MyTouch 1.2/Fender devices. All other devices and roms are unsupported by this theme.

It is also recommended that you use Amon_Ra's latest recovery image for your appropriate MyTouch or G1 devices. This latest recovery supports the new /sd-ext condition that will also backup your ext partition if necessary (prior builds only consisted of a /system/sd directory for the ext partition.)

SCREENSHOTS
nwdqo.png
fa8sc6.png
2evgrbs.png
ablfs2.png

Community Hero Mix for Cyanogen 5.0.8 change log
I themed
  • the framework (obviously)
  • gmail.apk
  • settings.apk
  • phone.apk
  • contacts.apk
  • Launcher.apk
  • Music.apk (parts of widget only.)

So without further ado

For Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 4.0 for CM-6.0.0

For Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 2.1 for CM-5.0.8
md5: 672c01c8093ca331ad7d97d13bfc0e73

Just FYI:
  • In case you are wondering, Cyanogen removed the Gallery3D app because it was causing too many problems. So don't ask me why you don't have it.
  • In the beta releases for Cyanogen's test builds I had added the themed SMSUnreadCount and HTCMusic. I had noticed that they had came way too close to filling up my /system memory. To prevent complications I decided to remove them and add them as an attachment. Simply install them like any other app.
  • IMPORTANT! To get the white text in the notifications bar you need to make your own adjustments in Spare Parts. If you don't see it in Spareparts then try this:
    Navigate to Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > User Interface > Status Bar Customization
    The first person to ask me why the text isn't white will get cyber punched!
  • Please don't ask me about anything not related to theming. In other words, if something can't be changed by swapping out a png file then it probably don't have anything to do with this theme. Okay? I just don't want to get another 20 e-mails wanting me to add Live Wallpapers or a zoom function to the camera.
  • If you experience issues installing the theme and are experiencing "boot loops" try installing the rom, allow it to boot up then restart the phone with the power button and flash the theme from recovery. This will help troubleshoot if it's an issue with the theme or your installation of the rom itself.
  • TIP! As much as I hate recommending it I suggest using adb shell to remove all unwanted ringtones, notifications and maybe even the bootanimation.zip file to free up some space in the /system directory. This will make the flashing process easier.
  • The ADWLauncher is now the default launcher for Cyanogen's ROMs. Which means if you are wanting stock... ask him for it.
  • And finally, if you are pleased with the results of this theme and wish to support it please feel free to donate a buck or two. Seriously. I put in a lot of work pushing out updates and I love doing it but I wouldn't mind some coffee or a Rockstar to help me out after my 12+ hours of work.

Community Hero Mix for Cyanogen's 4.2.15/.1 rom

change log:
CHM-Binary100100 Version 1.8 (CYANOGEN ROM 4.2.15/4.2.15.1)

• removed all third party apps due to size restrictions that should allow all types of spl.

Also contains:
  • Advanced Launcher (optional)
  • Eclair icons
  • Stericson's Lockscreen (flash separately since it's optional)
  • Per request, I modified the Stericson's Lockscreen battery indicator to stay green for an extended amount of time.
  • Removed the redundant alarm clock app.
  • Blur animations!
  • other minor changes

If you wish for an archived theme for an older rom please PM me and I'll send you the link if one was made.

And of course I am not to be held liable for any damages that this may do to your phone, data or any kind of personal injuries. By clicking any links within this post you agree to the following:

"I accept the fact that if I do not know what I am doing or how to apply this modification then I will research first before asking any questions and will in no way shape or form hold anyone with the exception of myself liable for any damages that which may occur. I understand that I should do a backup prior to clicking and downloading any links and files within this post. I also understand that I am chosing on my own will to continue at my own risk."

Without Lockscreen with Advanced Launcher (modified 3/4/10 @ 0320 pst)
md5: a8a8edd7149d2cf92eeaa2096dcb867e
I understand the risks involved and shall not in any way hold anyone except for myself responsible for downloading and applying this CM 4.2.15 theme modification with the standard lockscreen with Advanced Launcher.

Without Lockscreen and without Advanced Launcher (modified 3/4/10 @ 0320 pst)
md5: 4d1f1377367c6e245e81da33b8fbacd9
I understand the risks involved and shall not in any way hold anyone except for myself responsible for downloading and applying this CM 4.2.15 theme modification without Stericson's Lockscreen and without the Advanced Launcher.

Stericson's Lockscreen Update 3/4/10 @ 0435 pst
md5: e798a87d47c73b375df812e6eec9d800
I understand the risks involved and shall not in any way hold anyone except for myself responsible for downloading and applying this CM 4.2.15 theme modification to add Stericson's Lockscreen.

Binary100100 Seven Screen Launcher Update(modified 2/1/10 @ 1253 pst)
md5: 422244a7bca0e0d9517a93da14a25a8d
I understand the risks involved and shall not in any way hold anyone except for myself responsible for downloading and applying this modification to my Launcher.

Binary100100 Almost Nexus Launcher for Donut roms(modified 3/31/10 @ 0352 pst)
md5: 0b9856a51e86f395caf788131613a20a
This is just a slightly modified (by modified I mean themed) version from AnderWeb's contribution located at this thread. Questions? Suggestions? Direct them there unless it's about the theme itself.
I understand the risks involved and shall not in any way hold anyone except for myself responsible for downloading and applying this modification to my Launcher.

2q9l46d.png

Attached is also the SMS Unread Count (free) with the green selected/pressed background. I got tired of orange. :D So if you are currently using that you will have to set your widgets back up after you flash this theme.
I themed the gmail notification app so if you didn't flash the gapps.zip then you probably don't have the gmail app. This would only add it.

Attachments

• HtcMusic_2.1.apk
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • smswidget.apk
    183 KB · Views: 53
  • FROYO_smswidget_v157.apk
    183.1 KB · Views: 59
  • MetaMorph_Community_Hero_Mix.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 236
  • Community_Hero_MixV3.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 105
  • CHMWallpapers.apk
    2.7 MB · Views: 298
Last edited:
Reactions: jitno

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Download Stats for CHM-Binary100100

Metamorph
Download stats as of 0800 pst Oct 24, 2010
Metamorph version for Cyanogenmod 6 = 1197
Cyanogen's CM6-Final
{theme}Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 4.0 = 846
Cyanogen's CM6-RC3
{theme}Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 3.3 = 186
Cyanogen's CM6-RC2
{theme}Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 3.2 = 362
Cyanogen's CM6-RC1
{theme}Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 3.0 = 577
Cyanogen's 5.0.8 ROM
{theme}Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 2.1 = 2013
Cyanogen's 5.0.7 ROM

{theme}Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 2.0 = 704 {theme}Community Hero Mix Binary100100 Version 2.0 with ADW = 867{enhancement}CHM-ADW Launcher 0.7 beta7 = 157

Total = 1724

Cyanogen's 4.2.15.1 ROM

{theme}Standard lockscreen w/ standard launcher downloads = 2010
{theme}Standard lockscreen w/ advanced launcher downloads = 2551
{theme}Stericson's Lockscreen Update = 2104
Total = 6665

{themed rom}xRom 1.1 CHM Binary100100 Version 2 = 181

{enhancement}Binary100100 Seven Screen Launcher = 173

UPDATE:
I would like to thank VoxLuna for his donation. Every bit helps! Thanks for the $10.
I would like to thank gabbard79 for his donation. Thank you very much for the $5
I would like to thank Magana for his donation. Thanks for the $10.
I would like to thank LordofSilence for his $15.
I would like to thank Edubyah for his $5 donation.

Total contributions = $45

nabzilla1990

Feb 11, 2009
NEW COMMUNITY HERO MIX UPDATED TO CYANOGEN MOD 5.07 TEST2 CALL THIS VERSION .1

1. this is a themed 2.1
2. Expresso Icons and Settings
3. Alot of different pple to thank Elegance Theme, Darkstar, Binary101000 of course, cant remember right now but alot more pple to thank just let me know if theres something of urs in this this is a mix from alot of great themes.
4. Again I take noooooooooooooooo credit for this

DOWNLOAD HERE.... http://fubu.googlecode.com/files/nabzi5.07t2.zip

screenshots are attached

Attachments

• 1269644020471.jpg
    1269644020471.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 220
  • 1269644098398.jpg
    1269644098398.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 210
  • 1269644117991.jpg
    1269644117991.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 1269644288993.jpg
    1269644288993.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 1269645732749.jpg
    1269645732749.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 193

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Ladies and Gentleman of XDA-Developers,
Nabzilla1990 originally helped get the Community Hero Mix theme going and I helped it with the growing. However I didn't get involved in the game until a bit later and I can usually turn out an update within the day of a new CM Rom release. This unfortunately meant that I had to post a new thread to release my updates. But why should we open a new thread for the Community Hero Mix when we already have one? Do we need to have a separate thread for the same theme?
So I decided to create a CHM thread that has both my version and Nabzilla's on the same page. So no more searching back and forth for the link to the themes.

I hope that you all find this a bit easier and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your support.

~Greg

eessel

Apr 2, 2009
Little Rock, AR
Ladies and Gentleman of XDA-Developers,
Nabzilla1990 originally helped get the Community Hero Mix theme going and I helped it with the growing. However I didn't get involved in the game until a bit later and I can usually turn out an update within the day of a new CM Rom release. This unfortunately meant that I had to post a new thread to release my updates. But why should we open a new thread for the Community Hero Mix when we already have one? Do we need to have a separate thread for the same theme?
So I decided to create a CHM thread that has both my version and Nabzilla's on the same page. So no more searching back and forth for the link to the themes.

I hope that you all find this a bit easier and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you for your support.

~Greg
what a great idea and implementation of it! Good job and good luck with your theming! :)

AnderWeb

Jan 27, 2010
Great work, i remember this being my first reson to root my phone... and still is beautiful!

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
This sounds like a good idea! Having the current version posted in the first post is a much better setup (similar to ROM threads).

This may not be relevant until nabzilla updates his theme, but one thing I've never been able to figure out is the difference between the two versions. Maybe when nabzilla posts his that will become clear.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
does this theme work on super d 1.9.3 or will it be available for it? just wondering

I don't think that it'll work for SuperD because Cyanogen ROMs have different framework and such. Since I don't use SuperD personally it's asking a lot to port this theme for a ROM that I don't use and couldn't test. As it is now it takes about 4 hours of my time on average to fully port and test the theme. Should I add SuperD, you would be looking at 8 to 12 hours for each release.
I would consider it if the majority of the users request it. But to really consider it you would basically need to convince me to switch to SuperD ROMs. Sorry but I'm just being honest.

This sounds like a good idea! Having the current version posted in the first post is a much better setup (similar to ROM threads).

This may not be relevant until nabzilla updates his theme, but one thing I've never been able to figure out is the difference between the two versions. Maybe when nabzilla posts his that will become clear.

There isn't much difference ever since Nabzilla and I decided to cut out the third party apps that were available in Market due to the requirement of the DangerSPL. Since then the themes are very similar since Nabzilla uses most of my framework files. He may have a different Launcher thus different wallpapers and I think that he might use some different icons in his framework such as wallpaper and such.
When I started to release my themes it was based on Nabzilla's with the exception that I changed the battery icon in the statusbar and lockscreen. I also changed the wallpapers in the Launcher and that was pretty much it. Nabzilla's computer was down and couldn't possibly release an update so I released my own and the CHM-Binary100100 version was born.

idkidk

Oct 1, 2009
Piacenza
Mang, I can't get the lockscreen to work. Keep getting flooded with fc's

Installed Rom
Applied CHM+AdvLaunch
... Tried to apply lockscreen

Any ideas? Probably been asked thousands of times but I've been trying for a few hours now. That and it's a new thread so...

Try to remove dusted-donuts? (i had same problem with 4.2.15.1.. after removing it no more fc or lag....)

Bye
Idk

dmm0816

Feb 25, 2009
Northern Virginia
I don't think that it'll work for SuperD because Cyanogen ROMs have different framework and such. Since I don't use SuperD personally it's asking a lot to port this theme for a ROM that I don't use and couldn't test. As it is now it takes about 4 hours of my time on average to fully port and test the theme. Should I add SuperD, you would be looking at 8 to 12 hours for each release.
I would consider it if the majority of the users request it. But to really consider it you would basically need to convince me to switch to SuperD ROMs. Sorry but I'm just being honest.

lol i feel you, its all good....not sure if i can convince you to switch to super d lol...just try it once and you'll be amazed by the speed. I was using cyanogen roms for the longest and i switched to super d one day and haven't looked back at all....doubt that'll work lol but thanks for the theme and all your hard work

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Ya I tried that too but then all I got was a black screen after boot.
Tried the new update pershoot just pushed out too and nothing...

This and call information placement are the only things keeping me from pushing my theme update...

I had the same black screen as you described the first time that it started up with the previous lockscreen (4.2.15) but when I was doing a logcat on ddms I made sure that it wasn't "looping" and it eventually came on, it just took a while. Make sure that it's starting with logcat and just be patient. Otherwise I'll have to take a look later.

With previous versions of this lockscreen, it worked.

I've been trying to update my theme to the newest CM but the lockscreen is giving me problems. Version before new would apply in theme pack no problem but the lockscreen wouldn't show up. Just the regular window.

Now with updated version, I apply and the device boots up to a black screen.
What's going on? I don't understand...

Just wondering... why don't you just use the 4.2.15 that works instead of the 4.2.15.1 that doesn't?

I had the same black screen as you described the first time that it started up with the previous lockscreen (4.2.15) but when I was doing a logcat on ddms I made sure that it wasn't "looping" and it eventually came on, it just took a while. Make sure that it's starting with logcat and just be patient. Otherwise I'll have to take a look later.

Just wondering... why don't you just use the 4.2.15 that works instead of the 4.2.15.1 that doesn't?

I tried to use your CHM-Lockscreen and just replaced the framework with mine but when the device booted up, I had the regular lock window. Tried the updated lockscreen.zip from pershoot and that's when I got the black screens.

I tried to let it sit and do it's thing on the black screen but it restarted itself. Ya, it's weird.

TeeJay3800

Retired Forum Moderator
Oct 31, 2009
Michigan
Binary, a small (and hopefully easy) request: change the data ID for 3G from "3G" to "H" (like CM for the Nexus). It seems like that would be easy, but if it's a total PITA don't worry about it.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Binary, a small (and hopefully easy) request: change the data ID for 3G from "3G" to "H" (like CM for the Nexus). It seems like that would be easy, but if it's a total PITA don't worry about it.

Personally I don't like the H which was one of the reasons I started doing my own. I think it's stupid for it to be showing the symbol for HSPA+ when it's only using a 3G connection. It's easy to change but unfortunately it just takes resigning the framework-res.apk file and pushing it over. I suggest using Nabzilla's framework to get it. :)

Speaking of Nabzilla, where's your version man?

Top Liked Posts