Software compatible with ANT+ technology

Search This thread

atsic

Nov 7, 2007
Someone knows if exist a software that let our android powered phone compatible and working with ANT+ Technology?

for the pwople that doesn't know here the link http://www.thisisant.com/technology

Is a new protocol of communication data that is starting to be used in a lot of sport oriented devices, as the device for cycling. Exists something similira to this for the iphone.

HTCinToronto

Jul 28, 2009
Toronto
From what I've found ANT+ is a proprietary standard. An industry-wide competitor is being flushed out in the 'Bluetooth Low Energy' protocol.

I'm thinking the first question before software is whether the 2.4Ghz bluetooth antenna in the G1 is compatible. I'm assuming not.

atsic

Nov 7, 2007
From what I've found ANT+ is a proprietary standard. An industry-wide competitor is being flushed out in the 'Bluetooth Low Energy' protocol.

I'm thinking the first question before software is whether the 2.4Ghz bluetooth antenna in the G1 is compatible. I'm assuming not.

I saw a software with an hardware that is working perfectly with iphone.

http://www.smheartlink.com/
http://www.smheartlink.com/products.html

That's why i asked. But the 2.4 ghz is not a wifi technology that can be used with the wifi receiver?

Thank you for your information.

andulinde

Mar 10, 2010
I'd also dearly love to see an Android app that is ANT+ interoperable, even if additional hardware is required (as with the iPhone).

I'm sure there's bunches of Android users out there with Garmin heart rate monitors, etc. that would love to be able to use our phones as one-stop phone-music-podcast-gps-heartrate devices.

As a new user, I can't post links yet, but you can find tons of iPhone-and-ANT+ examples if you google ANT+ iPhone.

chefchuck

Sep 16, 2007
Miami
As seen here (the legend in this case), phones containing the WiLink chipset. ANT+ is now integrated into Android phones with the Texas Instruments WiLink™ chip.

I too use my phone almost daily for multi-sport activities, and would like to see my cadence, Heart Rate, ect recorded along with the speed and location. If anyone has more info, please share!

Sthlm

Jul 11, 2010
Stockholm
runningdigital.com
HTC models with TI WiLink chip for ANT+

Here's a list of current HTC models which use the TI WiLink 6.0 chip. Via HTC's main office in Taipei:

"These are the phones that use Texas Instruments Chip Set. Probably they also use this chip for WLAN but nothing we can guarantee. P3400i P3470 P3401 P3400 P3301 P4350 P3300 p4300 p4351 s621 s320 S710 S620 S310 s411 Ted Baker Touch Touch 3G Touch Viva rest of our phones using the Qualcomm processor."

As you can see, no Android models are listed. Bad news for those of us hopeful for switching on ANT+ connectivity.

The press releases surrounding the Tour de France project which used HTC Legends contain incorrect statements. The Legends used were said to be "Off-the-shelf" models which had a special firmware update to activate the ANT+ connectivity of TI WiLink processors.

HTC Legends off-the-shelf use a Qualcomm processor, not Texas Instruments. The HTC Legends used in the TdF had TI WiLink chipsets onboard. How that was so is a mystery.

Motorola Droid and Droid X use TI WiLink 6.0 and 7.0 processors, respectively. The 7.0 chip is ANT+ ready and just needs an app, which there are currently none in the Market.

Sthlm

Jul 11, 2010
Stockholm
runningdigital.com
@GenT,

The information I posted was directly cut and pasted from correspondence with HTC. I am not a hardware expert and wouldn't know if the information/terminology supplied to me was consistent or not.

What I want is an ANT+ compatible Android device like the HTC Legends used by team HTC Columbia in this years Tour de France. I went on a mission to find out which HTC models were capable based on press releases from ANT+ and Texas Instruments. Statements in those press releases were inconsistent with HTC's current Android model specs on their website. This led me to contact various departments within HTC for answers.

According to email I received from HTC, the Legends used in the TdF had one-off hardware modifications using TI's WiLink chipsets, and are not available to consumers just yet.

Bottom line, HTC said consumer-ready ANT+ connectivity solutions do not exist for their current Android lineup.

Sent from my OD 4.0.36 modded HTC Desire using XDA App